Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by KenjiNitari View Post
    I don't know why i bother watching Comedy when Politicians are so much more funny to watch.
    Because you can never get angry at a comedy show / movie...

Quote Originally Posted by Callei View Post
    Good ol' two-party system, killing our country one election at a time through pure refusal to swallow their pride, stuff their prejudices, and work together to save a country from going belly-up.
    It's probably worth noting that one party is willing to do this - it's just that both parties need to be willing to compromise for a compromise to be reached.

Quote Originally Posted by absynthe7 View Post
    It's probably worth noting that one party is willing to do this - it's just that both parties need to be willing to compromise for a compromise to be reached.
    This has nothing to do with pride, or faction arguements. The fact is the US government is now a corporation, and everyone not in the Upper-Echelon is a factory worker. We work, then pay taxes, and these people just sit there and take our money. Well, they don't exactly just sit there, they figure out ways how to gain themselves more power, and wealth through shady tactics that are likely not legal. The US is to big for these guys to actually be doing anything, but pushing their own agendas.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ikas6 View Post
    at the end of the vid you can click to the left to see boobs
    you dont want to click on it

Good ol' two-party system, killing our country one election at a time through pure refusal to swallow their pride, stuff their prejudices, and work together to save a country from going belly-up.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Y3jE3B8HsE

Yep, watch that video / series. Good stuff.

I wouldnt say hes freaking out, more like hes telling the truth loudly. Its a great rant, its spot on, thats the truth it isnt sugar coated so you can swallow it better. Its cold hard honest truth, a large number of America is thinking it, he put it into words with passion, and we need a hell of a lot more of it. We're tired of watching our country circle the drain with a deadlocked congress that just today spent all of their time arguing over an EPA regulation THAT DOES NOT EXIST I wish I was making that up. Nothing gets done in that city, unless its a congresstional pay raise vote. Our president needs to stand up to this stuff, he needs to throw it all down stop worrying about the next 4 years and start working towards the next 40 years.

The Lebanese flip out much better.

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=c56_1321484423

I am with the guy who said revolution is about the only option left in the USA. For reform to work, that would involve a way to force the ones in power to perform such a reform and the only way that is going to happen is either by brute force of the people (via revolution), Bill Gates or someone just as rich (probably more so but without public knowledge of it) starts to fund our politicians and forces them to do that (not likely), the people in power spontaneously a conscience (even less likely), or some miracle.

I hope I am wrong and would love to see true reform, but I honestly don't see it happening without the ones in power fearing for their lives or dead to do it cause they will not give up their power any other way.

Heh. Thanks for the tip. I wonder if those women got arrested.
    Last edited by vizzle; 2011-12-09 at 02:42 AM.
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

Quote Originally Posted by orissa View Post
    He didn't lose it

The Dems and the Repubs are too busy making money hand over fist exploiting the broken system,to fix anything and it makes everyone else angry.
    fix'ed it for ya

---------- Post added 2011-12-08 at 09:52 PM ----------

Ladies show Charlie Murphy your t*ties, The milk has gone bad!!!

Deleted
    But that's the voters' fault. There are other options but you guys are simply too ingrained with the thought that a vote for a third party is a wasted vote. Not to mention the crazies on either side. When a candidate has to come out and make an advert telling everybody she isn't a witch there's something wrong. But the thing is people simply won't change it, because the Democrats know if they voted for somebody else they Republicans will win easily, and vice versa.

If there was a decent, moderate third option it might get a lot of votes, but it simply won't happen. It's like gang warfare, both sides are determined to kick the hell out of each other, to disagree with each other, to simply do the opposite to the other guy. It's childish and pitiful, but you know what? The rest of the world is just as bad. I really wish we could have governments that put stuff to one side and just worked together, but party politics will always prevail. Why? Because the voters keep voting for them. It's pathetic.

Quote Originally Posted by tommypilgrim View Post
    But that's the voters' fault. There are other options but you guys are simply too ingrained with the thought that a vote for a third party is a wasted vote. Not to mention the crazies on either side. When a candidate has to come out and make an advert telling everybody she isn't a witch there's something wrong. But the thing is people simply won't change it, because the Democrats know if they voted for somebody else they Republicans will win easily, and vice versa.

If there was a decent, moderate third option it might get a lot of votes, but it simply won't happen. It's like gang warfare, both sides are determined to kick the hell out of each other, to disagree with each other, to simply do the opposite to the other guy. It's childish and pitiful, but you know what? The rest of the world is just as bad. I really wish we could have governments that put stuff to one side and just worked together, but party politics will always prevail. Why? Because the voters keep voting for them. It's pathetic.

You do realize that any 3rd party that comes in instantly gets wrecked and if anything hurts the closer competitor. I.e. if the 20% of the people who vote for the 3rd party would have voted republican, and republicans get 35% of votes, the democrats still win with the remaining 45% of the votes. First past the post voting system is flawed for this reason EXACTLY. Go watch the video and for that matter, all of that guys videos, he explains it really well.

Its a funny video but he's right about everything
    Signature by Eruionmel!

Quote Originally Posted by masterprtzl View Post
    You do realize that any 3rd party that comes in instantly gets wrecked and if anything hurts the closer competitor. I.e. if the 20% of the people who vote for the 3rd party would have voted republican, and republicans get 35% of votes, the democrats still win with the remaining 45% of the votes. First past the post voting system is flawed for this reason EXACTLY. Go watch the video and for that matter, all of that guys videos, he explains it really well.
    Which is why, if say Democrats get 20% of the votes in a particular state, they should only get 20% of the seats. It is ludicrous that you can have less than half of the votes of a State, and still have your party represent that state.

Having seats proportionate to votes would empower independents, and would actually mean that your vote counts, even if your a Republican in a primarily Democratic State, or vice versa.

Also, the guy is 100% right. Obama needs to come out and say, "Congress is fucked up. Help me fix it." Because honestly, he has absolutely no other power he can use to enforce change. People are always up in arms "Obama this and Obama that" - The man doesn't even get a fucking vote in congress.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tigercat View Post
    Don't use facts, they unsettle peoples' prejudices, and once that happens the flames start.
    Quote Originally Posted by krethos View Post
    Its Science, just ask Albert Einstien, he invented Space

10+ Year Old Account
    This is probably the best thing I've ever seen come out of MSNBC.
    Tobyas (85) :: Tobykenobi (85) :: Uruu (85):: Mykka (52)
    <-- All Chars on Ice Since March 2011 -->
    Currently Playing: Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword

a little loud but hes right about most of his points lol

Quote Originally Posted by saberon View Post
    Which is why, if say Democrats get 20% of the votes in a particular state, they should only get 20% of the seats. It is ludicrous that you can have less than half of the votes of a State, and still have your party represent that state.

Having seats proportionate to votes would empower independents, and would actually mean that your vote counts, even if your a Republican in a primarily Democratic State, or vice versa.

Also, the guy is 100% right. Obama needs to come out and say, "Congress is fucked up. Help me fix it." Because honestly, he has absolutely no other power he can use to enforce change. People are always up in arms "Obama this and Obama that" - The man doesn't even get a fucking vote in congress.
    Exactly, there are alternate voting systems than first past the post, more fair to the people. Go watch those videos, amazing stuff!

He also has amazing videos explaining the flaws in the electoral college.

Too bad he's more partisan than the majority of this nation.. Let's play his other 100 clips of him sucking up to liberals and bashing the right. He'll spew about how he's so mad at both sides, but in reality he spends 90% of the time bashing only one side while the other side is doing the same thing. He's an extremely bias Nancy-Pelosi liberal that won't be on air very long like most MSNBC crew..

he has given me new hopes in politics....and anyone else notices after the video one of the related videos is a nude girl occupieng wallstreet?rofl

great points
    but i couldnt help myself from laughing hysterically when he said "sorry for going a bit out of control" and it panned to the rest of the panel and the one bald guy just looked zombied
    PlayStation suporter.
    fb_Scud / RPG-HAD