Air force (US) dumping bodies of dead solgiers in landfills

http://usnews.msnbc.msn.com/_news/20...ps-in-landfill

The families said they consented to the bodies being disposed of in a respectful manner..I guess throwing there corpses into a garbage dump counts as respectful these days!

"An additional 1,762 remains, which could not be DNA tested because of damage from explosions, were gathered from the battlefield and dumped in a similar manner, the Air Force told the newspaper."

Mind=blown.

(soldiers) sorry about the title <.<

incinerating them and spreading the dust in an ocean might have been better...

10+ Year Old Account
    "It would require a massive effort and time to recall records and research individually,"
    I read this and then Rep. Holt summed up my response to this just a few lines down for me:

"What the hell?" he told the Post. "We spent millions, tens of millions, to find any trace of soldiers killed, and they're concerned about a 'massive' effort to go back and pull out the files and find out how many soldiers were disrespected this way?"
    Putin khuliyo

Quote Originally Posted by orissa View Post
    I read this and then Rep. Holt summed up my response to this just a few lines down for me:

It would take waaaaaaay to much effort to look through some computer records! After our soldiers die we just delete them from everything as they do not matter to us!! that is what he sounds like saying that.

Pathetic of our military to do this.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    This is what happens when you have 15+ years of no oversight or public viewing of our war dead coming home at Dover. This base was allowed free reign because, really, no one cares about dead soldiers. 10+ years of war has made the military sloppy and tired, and this is just more evidence of something rotten at the Pentagon. I'd tear the Pentagon down General by General if I knew one of my loved one's remains HAD BEEN DUMPED IN A LANDFILL.

Wow that's the kind of respect they get after dying for our country?

To be dumped in a landfill....?

I am ashamed

Quote Originally Posted by Gemenon View Post
    This is what happens when you have 15+ years of no oversight or public viewing of our war dead coming home at Dover. This base was allowed free reign because, really, no one cares about dead soldiers. 10+ years of war has made the military sloppy and tired, and this is just more evidence of something rotten at the Pentagon. I'd tear the Pentagon down General by General if I knew one of my loved one's remains HAD BEEN DUMPED IN A LANDFILL.

pretty much. I am for the military but against any wars we are in currently, and any future war in Iran (Wonder how long its going to be) but this puts a big stain on them. But major news outlets will not even talk about it because Obama is in office and they do not want people outraged at the government when he is in there!