Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    did a few LFR bosses today after getting the LFR 2h sword. It was doing between 9-13% of my dmg on each boss. 2.2mil on slime boss... im thinking it procs more off aoe? i was divine storming the black slime adds for a good portion of it. I expect this will be nerfed heh.

Quote Originally Posted by Reith View Post
    Alright then, I admit I was wrong about the weapon speed thing. Now I need to work on getting heroic Sulfuras...
    If your signature is you, then you first need to kill Normal Rag before trying Heroic.

---------- Post added 2011-12-10 at 10:55 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Lohe View Post
    The tentacle flays targets that are 40-50 yards away (yes, seriously).
    If you were close enough to hit someone and proc the tentacle they won't outrange it.
    If anything the weakness is that it has a very low hit point total.
    I can confirm the range, was doing Yorsahj and the tentacle proc'd where the blob came out and it started attacking Yorsahj after the blob died.

Quote Originally Posted by davep View Post
    If your signature is you, then you first need to kill Normal Rag before trying Heroic.
    Yeah, it is. Guess how good my previous guild was? Not good. Guess how long I've been with my new guild when I was chosen to get the only Gurthalak that dropped? A week and 1 day. Guess how many days I raided with them when I got it? 4. Guess how many Fury Warriors we have in our 25-man raid? 3. Yeah, I'm more than capable of doing heroic Ragnaros, so you can shut your mouth now. Thanks.

EDIT: This only applies if you meant ill-intent in your post. Otherwise, yeah I know I need to finish it up.
    Last edited by Reith; 2011-12-11 at 06:00 AM.

Not bugged, just RNG. Sometimes its great, other times its okay.

Quote Originally Posted by McCheese View Post
    did a few LFR bosses today after getting the LFR 2h sword. It was doing between 9-13% of my dmg on each boss. 2.2mil on slime boss... im thinking it procs more off aoe? i was divine storming the black slime adds for a good portion of it. I expect this will be nerfed heh.
    This is an important note. I can confirm that the tentacle does spawn off of Divine Storm cleave hits. It does not spawn off of Righteousness seal hits.

So the value of the weapon goes up drastically on add fights where you can DS your face off, so mainly Zon'ozz, Spine, and Madness.

Yeah, it is. Guess how good my previous guild was? Not good. Guess how long I've been with my new guild when I was chosen to get the only Gurthalak that dropped? A week and 1 day. Guess how many days I raided with them when I got it? 4. Guess how many Fury Warriors we have in our 25-man raid? 3. Yeah, I'm more than capable of doing heroic Ragnaros, so you can shut your mouth now. Thanks.

EDIT: This only applies if you meant ill-intent in your post. Otherwise, yeah I know I need to finish it up.
    Heroic Rag is a completely different fight from anything in DS, especially for DPS. DS is actually extremely boring for DPS compared to FL where DPS actually had to do more then just sit there and DPS.

Quote Originally Posted by davep View Post
    Heroic Rag is a completely different fight from anything in DS, especially for DPS. DS is actually extremely boring for DPS compared to FL where DPS actually had to do more then just sit there and DPS.
    Everything I've done in Cataclysm concerning PVE has been EXTREMELY easy. Just saying.

Quote Originally Posted by psyquest View Post
    It is an excellent pve weapon, although the tentacle is close to 2% chance of spawning.

It can do up to 125k damage in raid with all buffs.

It will be useless in pvp since it can be outranged, silenced etc.

It is very unlikely to be nerfed due to low proc rate and the ease with which it can be rendered useless in pvp.
    Yeah....melee cleaves rarely outdistance whatever they're focusing, so this is gonna be a pain in the ass for the other team if it pulls 10k by itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Zues View Post
    Yeah....melee cleaves rarely outdistance whatever they're focusing, so this is gonna be a pain in the ass for the other team if it pulls 10k by itself.
    The damage it does to players is affected by resilience. A tentacle also only has ~15.5k hp.

Everything I've done in Cataclysm concerning PVE has been EXTREMELY easy. Just saying.
    HM Kills in Cataclysm: 0

The number of HM kills of any user in this thread has nothing to do with the actual topic. - Malthanis
    Last edited by Malthanis; 2011-12-12 at 04:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by RAGINGBRODADDY View Post
    HM Kills in Cataclysm: 0
    So it'll take 2 attempts instead of 1 for me to get a heroic fight down, big whoop? My old guild held me back. It's also difficult to get the main raid of my current guild wanting to do anything other than Dragon Soul at this point.

EDIT: I don't need your approval and couldn't care less about what you think. I performed very well in the few raids that I've done with my new guild and that's all that matters to me. Go ahead and track my stats if you want, as if you think that really tells you how skilled a person is. Naive simpletons.

The insult was unnecessary. - Malthanis
    Last edited by Malthanis; 2011-12-12 at 06:40 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    You have a major case of inflated ego going on there. I don't doubt that you were better than the other players in your former guild but thinking you're going to go an 2 shot all encounters for any other reason than your new guild already knowing the fights is something akin to hubris.

Edit: Some ego is good but there's no need to overdo it.
    Last edited by Siri; 2011-12-11 at 10:19 PM.

So it'll take 2 attempts instead of 1 for me to get a heroic fight down, big whoop? My old guild held me back. It's also difficult to get the main raid of my current guild wanting to do anything other than Dragon Soul at this point.
    I'd love to see you down Ragnaros Heroic within 100 attempts, let alone 2. Blaming your old guild, and claiming everything in this expansion has been easy, without even doing a single Heroic Mode...

On-Topic: It does appear to be a little odd on Ultra - It might have something to do with the position of the boss. I've seen various pets on some attempts run back to the Aspects and start DPS from there, while sometimes the pets do nothing. It appears that the gap between Ultra & the platform throw off pets in some way.

Quote Originally Posted by Thornar View Post
    I'd love to see you down Ragnaros Heroic within 100 attempts, let alone 2. Blaming your old guild, and claiming everything in this expansion has been easy, without even doing a single Heroic Mode...

On-Topic: It does appear to be a little odd on Ultra - It might have something to do with the position of the boss. I've seen various pets on some attempts run back to the Aspects and start DPS from there, while sometimes the pets do nothing. It appears that the gap between Ultra & the platform throw off pets in some way.
    I've already had a GM response on what the issue is. It's the size of Ultraxion's hit box. The pet has a hard time recognizing it's position on the platform relative to where Ultraxion is actually located. It a tentacle spawns and believes that Ultraxion is behind him, it won't channel it's Mind Flay, because it can't cast backwards. This has been a known bug for a while and they are trying to come up with a reasonable solution.

EDIT: I don't need your approval and couldn't care less about what you think. I performed very well in the few raids that I've done with my new guild and that's all that matters to me. Go ahead and track my stats if you want, as if you think that really tells you how skilled a person is. Naive simpletons.
    LOL this guy makes me giggle like a little girl. I typed a lot but deleted it because I just realized all I need to say is, World of Log ranks please. Thank you.

I have pugs on my server that have done 1/7 HM pre-nerf and then started doing 6/7 HM after the nerf because they made FL a joke, but you couldn't even manage to get 7/7 normal because "your guild was bad". It might seem that I'm getting off topic but this all goes back to him trying to say that until he gets proof himself that a 3.8 is doesn't make a difference he won't believe it, when he won't be able to do it regardless because of his terrible progression.

10+ Year Old Account
    It seems we're a bit derailed here. Let's cut the squabbling and get back on topic, okay?
    Host of Talking Skritt, a GW2 podcast!

I can verfiy the DO stack. (I heard rumors that the tentacles didn't stack, but they DO.)

Also, over a raid where we finished off Gunship, DW1 and DW2 on normal mode, the damage was like this:
    Me: 68 224 991, average DPS while active: 35055.8 (logs were started long before for some reason, so eDPS in total was very low for everyone.)
    Tentacle: 5 318 367, avg DPS while active: 14394.2, uptime in %: 18.3%

Total damage: 73 543 358 , tentacle provided 7.23% of my total damage.

Tentacle proc alone.

This was normal mode Gurt, and I'm very impressed with it so far. I had heroic Shannox axe from before, and this is a HUGE gain.

The damage it does to players is affected by resilience. A tentacle also only has ~15.5k hp.
    Ok, let me hardswitch off my kill target to kill an add....... o wait. Only viable pet hardswitches are a frost elemental and possibly a lock pet. Switching to the tentacle only gives the other team a break.

Tentacles were absorbing ice lances on hagara last night. This is a shockingly useful feature.
    Divine, Unmarred and Electrified
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Demaio/simple
    Retired(ish)

Quote Originally Posted by DemaioJ View Post
    Tentacles were absorbing ice lances on hagara last night. This is a shockingly useful feature.
    Hagara is one hell of a bugged fight though :P