Spine of Deathwing 10 man help!

So after reading up on the fight, watching videos, and attempting it, my guild is stumped.

Raid Comp:
    Boomkin (me)
    Arcane Mage
    Feral Druid (DPS)
    Survival Hunter
    Prot Warr
    Prot Paladin
    Resto druid
    Disc Priest
    Holy Paladin
    Combat rogue

Basically what we are having trouble with is the Searing Plasma. Our healers are being swamped by it, but here is how we are doing it so far...

Drp out of the sky, kill 3 tenticles, leave one at 100%. As soon as the tenticles are dead, roll DW, stand back in middle. Let the tenticle freecast Searing Plasma, and when it Fire Grips someone, we are breaking it and killing the tenticle. This seems to be working better, and we got to the 3rd plate, but it still seems our healers are going oom. Is this just a gear problem or what? We have our R Druid on raid, and the other 2 healers breaking the Searing Plasma.

Armory: (so you can see the guild) http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...j%C3%A0/simple
    Gold selling site spam is an important part of our eco system.

You see, there are currently to many puppies and kittens on this world.
    Every time a Goldseller spams his advertisement on the mmo-champion site, a puppy dies.
    Every time you ignore these threads and don't report them, a kitten dies.

Post logs. There's no way your healers should go OOM in this fight when running with 3 healers. Your healers are doing something wrong which we can't know without you posting logs.
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainArlong View Post
    When you play a video game, you don't put any "effort" into it at all. You're pushing keys on a keyboard, you're not running a marathon or playing a sport.

First off, we always 1-tank this. Won't really help w/ healer mana, other than upping your overall DPS and making the phases a bit shorter.

Second off, you don't need to kill the tentacle when it grips someone. it only takes a little bit of damage to break the grip. In fact, we have 1 designated person to break the grip (and a designated back-up) so that we don't do extra damage to the tentacle. If you kill the tentacle, you spawn another Amalgamation, which I imagine is why you're 2-tanking it, and the extra damage from having (probably several) extra adds out is likely why your healers are going OOM.

Deleted
    Are you killing each tendon in one go?

2 tanks are unnecessary, what exactly is your 2nd tank tanking?

Deleted
    From personal experience I found it best to use cheap heals, they may not heal for a load but there isn't THAT much need to heal everyone up fast. Also on superheated or w/e the aoe is from the amalgamation we rotated raid cooldowns to ease healing.

Another thing we did was to have our holy Pala on the tanks + melee then myself (resto Shammy) + disc Priest on ranged, even just that small amount of management helped a lot.

Edit- Have ALL your healers on the plasma, don't just assign 2 to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Winkle View Post
    Are you killing each tendon in one go?

2 tanks are unnecessary, what exactly is your 2nd tank tanking?
    I assume since he says they kill the tentacle every time someone gets gripped, that the second tank is tanking all the extra Hideous Amalgamations that would be running around.

Don't need to kill the tentacle, it lets go after only a bit of damage. Then you won't need 2 tanks, and there will be a lot less healing needed.

Ty for the replies. Were going for another attempt tonight, so I will give the healers some insight. I told them to 1 tank it, but they dont believe that we can tank it the way we are without two tanks. We are having one tank on bloods, at one end, and one tank on Amalgamations at the other end. Bring Amalg to 10%, put the blood on top of it and AoE them down and make sure it has 9 stacks. I know we would have to change tanking strat if we changed to 1 tank.

We are not able to kill the tendion in 1 shot. Part of this is becasue our hunter says that he cant burst hard enough, as he is survival, to push enough DPS on it. Were getting it to about 10% when it closes, and we killed it once. Think people just need to understand to pop CDs on it.

After we switched to the 2 healers focusing on the debuff, and druid helping out but focusing on raid, it went muchhh better last night. Just seeing if we were doing anything wrong at all.

Thank you again for your replies!
    Gold selling site spam is an important part of our eco system.

You see, there are currently to many puppies and kittens on this world.
    Every time a Goldseller spams his advertisement on the mmo-champion site, a puppy dies.
    Every time you ignore these threads and don't report them, a kitten dies.

10+ Year Old Account
    The main issue in learning this fight is to understand, that u dont have to heal up Searing Plasma asap. Just let every healer to throw little heal, hot on debuffed players and nothing more. Only reason to remove SP debuff is the momment, when debuffed player is Fiery Gripped. If this is happening, throw big heals on him and because he was prehealed with small heals, debuff is overhealed in no time.

tl:dr > Searing Plasma debuffs -> healing with small mana efficient heals - SP debuff and Fiery Grip -> big heals asap ... as soon as healers are able to learn this routine, mana is issue no more in this fight.
    Last edited by Deffry; 2011-12-09 at 02:15 AM.
    "Ubi sementem feceris, ita mettes."

Pop damage CDs on the first tendons, heroism on the second, CDs again on the 3rd. Tell your DPSers to turn recount off for this fight, I swear that addon turns people into dumbshits.

Quote Originally Posted by Bucknazty View Post
    We are having one tank on bloods, at one end, and one tank on Amalgamations at the other end. Bring Amalg to 10%, put the blood on top of it and AoE them down and make sure it has 9 stacks. I know we would have to change tanking strat if we changed to 1 tank.
    Another source of mana issues might be the spike of 90K damage that every single person takes when you AoE down 9 bloods at once.

1 tank 2 healed it.

DK Tank
    Holy Paladin
    Resto Druid
    Enhancement Shaman - using MS procs for Healing Rain/chain heal/greater healing wave.
    Combat Rogue
    Combat Rogue
    Shadow Priest
    Hunter
    Frost DK
    Arcane Mage ( you could use a Fire Mage but you'd need to be careful with the AoE )

You need to assign only 1 person to break the tentacle's Fiery Grip, a class with no bleed or DoT mechanics is best such as a Hunter. You'll also need 1 back up DPS in case that first person gets gripped. This way you don't kill the tentacle before taking out the tendon.

We had the Hunter as the primary and the Arcane Mage as a secondary for the tentacle's Fiery Grip.

You want to burn the Amalgamation down to sub 50% then start gaining stacks while you are slowing your DPS a little bit. By sub 1.5 million health you should be at or close to 9 stacks, just wait till the 9 and burn it down. You wanna keep the Amalgamation as low as possible. The bloods shouldn't be AoE'd down they can just be killed one at a time while you are on the Amalgamation.

CDs first tendon. Bloodlust second. CDs last tendon.

Searing Plasma isn't a OMFG GET IT OFF kind of debuff. Like Deffry said, it's something you just chisel down with HoTs and low mana cost heals unless that person gets Fiery Gripped.