Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Keller View Post
    B...But MX reds...
    What is wrong with reds? I've never owned a mechancial keyboard but was looking into purchasing one. Could you elaborate some for me?
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    There’s even been a John Oliver segment on it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by 0ptimo View Post
    What is wrong with reds? I've never owned a mechancial keyboard but was looking into purchasing one. Could you elaborate some for me?
    Some consider the MX Reds too light and prefer the MX Blacks. It boils down to preference really.

I guess some Das keyboards would be nice, but Mionix has some nice keyboards as well. (Well just one, doesn't matter)

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mortalis71 View Post
    I absolutely love the simplicity of the Steelseries, Das, Filco or any other keyboard that just looks clean and simple. I hate how the razer looks...

http://www.diatec.co.jp/image_prod/e_FKB104MCEB_01.jpg how is this ugly? :P
    Looking at it makes me cringe, I know it's a top notch keyboard but it looks like something you could buy for $20.

Quote Originally Posted by Abominator View Post
    Looking at it makes me cringe, I know it's a top notch keyboard but it looks like something you could buy for $20.
    I bet you buy Skullcandy headphones.

Quote Originally Posted by Abominator View Post
    Excepting the fact that it lacks an armrest, it looks pretty much exactly how I'd want a keyboard to look - except of course that it's some funky layout and missing some of the vital buttons (åäö springs to mind). Joking about English layouts aside, it's spot-on.

I personally am of the opinion that stacking on useless things in order to 'help' the aesthetics usually have the opposite effect. Shiny lights, space-esque motives et c looks rather tacky.

10+ Year Old Account
    Iv'e just ordered myself the Corsair K90 mmo keyboard, and i must say i cannot wait till it arrives First time using a mechanical keyboard, and i also ordered the m90 mmo mouse.

Deleted
    Been looking at some mechanicals myself just now and the Steelseries g6v2 with its black switches is looking like the choise at the moment
    overclock.net mechanical keyboard guide there's link to see how the different switches work
    Probably gonna be checking out some more options during the weekend and place an order monday so all flame towards g6v2 would be appreciated They have got it in a scandinavian layout as you can see in the picture I linked which is a must and macro keys or lights aren't something I'm looking for so right now it looks pretty solid. Multiple meaning of 'solid'!

Problem with Steelseries G6v2 for me would be the lack of armrest. After you've used regular keyboard without one for ten years or more, you'll never again get a keyboard without armrest again after giving one a try.

Would really love Corsair K60 with full-sized armrest as I don't need the macro buttons with Razer Naga.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nehran View Post
    The Corsair K90 would like to say hello to you.
    Looks like 2 keyboards taped together, but it does look interesting!
    i7-6700k 4.2GHz | Gigabyte GTX 980 | 16GB Kingston HyperX | Intel 750 Series SSD 400GB | Corsair H100i | Noctua IndustialPPC
    ASUS PB298Q 4K | 2x QNIX QH2710 | CM Storm Rapid w/ Reds | Zowie AM | Schiit Stack w/ Sennheiser HD8/Antlion Modmic

Armory

Quote Originally Posted by Ash773 View Post
    Iv'e just ordered myself the Corsair K90 mmo keyboard, and i must say i cannot wait till it arrives First time using a mechanical keyboard, and i also ordered the m90 mmo mouse.
    Where did you order yours from? Every place I've looked at says out of stock which leads me to believe noone actually carries these yet. Even the Corsair site says out of stock.
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    There’s even been a John Oliver segment on it.

Quote Originally Posted by 0ptimo View Post
    Where did you order yours from? Every place I've looked at says out of stock which leads me to believe noone actually carries these yet. Even the Corsair site says out of stock.
    Pre order maybe ?

On a side note is the K90 fully mechanical ? I know the k60 is not but couldnt find anything about the k90 on corsairs website.
    | Intel i5-4670k | Asus Z87-Pro | Xigmatek Dark Knight | Kingston HyperX Fury White 16GB | Sapphire R9 270x | Crucial MX300 750GB | WD 500GB Black | WD 1TB Blue | Cooler Master Haf-X | Corsair AX1200 | Dell 2412m | Ducky Shine 3 | Logitech G13 | Sennheiser HD598 | Mionix Naos 8200 |

Quote Originally Posted by TaintedOne View Post
    On a side note is the K90 fully mechanical ? I know the k60 is not but couldnt find anything about the k90 on corsairs website.
    No. Only partially mechanical in the exact same way as K60. FAQ on Corsair K90 product page says:

Below is a diagram with the Cherry Red mechanical switch locations outlined in red. The picture shown is the K60, however the same locations hold true for the K90. The K90 macro buttons do not use Cherry Red switches.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

There are many mechanical keyboards out there with backlighting, macro keys and whatnot. Don't think that Blackwidow is something unique or anything, it's just Razer marketing. If anything the Blackwidow is kinda overpriced for it's mediocre quality, but then again it's relatively cheap, so it's ideal for people who are on a budget (along with Steelseries 6Gv2).

Also MX Blues for a gaming keyboard, what were they thinking? Although this is a very subjective matter, Blacks, Reds and Browns are better for gaming and produce less noise. Blacks are considered great for gaming although they provide the most resistance, Blues are better for typing, Browns are the middle ground between Black and Blue, Reds are softer Blacks and most of the people that use them, love them (they are considered rare, although lately more keyboard companies are using them).

The guide someone linked above is an amazing resource for a mechanical keyboard. Some other examples that are not mentioned in there though are the CM Storm ones:

Rapid Fire (Tenkeyless are great for gaming cause you save space and your hands are aligned in a more relaxed angle):
    http://www.cmstorm.com/en/products/keyboards/

Trigger (Upcoming with Red, Brown, Black or Blue):

Quote Originally Posted by vesseblah View Post
    Problem with Steelseries G6v2 for me would be the lack of armrest. After you've used regular keyboard without one for ten years or more, you'll never again get a keyboard without armrest again after giving one a try.
    I disagree. I've had several keyboards with armrests and always felt more comfortable with the armrest off. I think it depends a lot on your desk height and your posture, to be honest.

I recently bought a SteelSeries 6G v2 and it is by far my favorite keyboard now. (Thanks, Bindi)

Cooler Master's rubber coating sucks. My CM Storm sentinel I got for 30 euros has half of it's coating left.