Another nobody who accomplished nothing getting a great coach fired. Nba is so bad sometimes. Look for the next coach to be a pushover who wont dare stand up to this regular season superstar.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chadwix View Post
    Another nobody who accomplished nothing getting a great coach fired. Nba is so bad sometimes. Look for the next coach to be a pushover who wont dare stand up to this regular season superstar.
    If you mean DWill, can you even call him a superstar anymore? I have been on the "the Nets just have no one to support him. DWill will get great again" bandwagon for the last two years. I have jumped ship and burned that sucker to the ground this season. Williams hasn't been that good and that is with vastly improved talent around him. At this point he is merely just a top 15, maybe top 10 PG and nothing more.

I agree DWill has been poor as of lately. Which is funny because his commercial just came on the TV as I was typing this.

Yeah I saw, I didn't really like Avery Johnson so I'm cool with it, I knew it was gonna happen eventually. I think in this same thread I said I hated Avery Johnson somewhere.

Do I blame Avery Johnson? Yeah he's like 50% of the blame in my opinion. I'm sure he can draw up plays, but he's not getting the most out of his guys. Honestly, the Nets roster is like top 3 East on paper (Uhm hello, they're spending like $88m on payroll not including luxury tax? That's only second to the Lakers). They're under Miami for sure, but I think they're even better than the Knicks on paper. But the Nets just aren't playing well and I'll attribute half the blame to the players and half the blame to the coach.

Lets see what happens, I'm hoping the Nets pull their shit together and get their heads back in the game.

Agreed that Williams isn't exactly a great player, but since when is Avery Johnson a great coach? Russian Mark Cuban has to throw a big fat paycheck at Phil Jackson at this point right? I think it's more likely that Phil would take it if this was a Western Conference team that would let him screw over the Lakers, but I don't see it as a huge longshot either. Conscript is totally on the money about Sloan and SVG though. No chance those guys end up in Brooklyn. Does Sloan even want to coach anymore?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by buck008 View Post
    Does Sloan even want to coach anymore?
    I'd hope not. That guy has done enough in his time in the NBA plus he is 70. I really, really, freaking REALLY hate the Phil Jackson fit in Brooklyn, at least with this personnel group. I just do not see how the triangle can work with the guys on the team. Hump can't be one of the low points, he sucks. Crash definitely wouldn't be. The triangle would probably fall on Lopez foot and break it. I just really do not like the fit with the personnel unless they are going to start dealing like crazy Jan 15th (which I honestly expect anyways).

After constantly hearing how this may be this season Carlos Boozer hits the ol dusty trail, it is becoming more and more apparent that he will not and stick around for 1 more afterwards. Since the Bulls arent going to get Dwight Howard in all likelyhood or anyone close to value in the offseason it doesnt bother me much I guess. I have heard what they are planning to do and thats to make a push in free agency in the next offseason (1.5 years from now) and their primary target? Nope not Lebron its...

Kevin Love

Sources are saying the Bulls will make a very hard push for him and could see it happening, as Deng's contract is coming off the books, Boozer will get amnesty, and apparently he has a good relationship with Derrick Rose. Im getting all excited thinking about it. Keep up it David Kahn, push love right out of town and into Chicago.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wade has been suspended 1 game for the incident on Sessions in the Heat-Bobcats game. Does anyone have a video of the said play in question?
    Enstraynomic - League of Legends
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

Ya here's your video lol. He kicked...well watch the video. I'm embedding it too:

ANYWAY. Nets say Phil Jackson is top of their coaching priority list. Say WHUHHH.

---------- Post added 2012-12-27 at 10:09 PM ----------

Kevin Durant :O. Even if OKC might lose.

OJ Mayo singlehandedly killed the Mavs it seems. Horrible pass, followed up with two missed free throws.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Kevin Durant :O. Even if OKC might lose.
    He is seriously turning into LeBron James with a better shot. Just think, this is only Durant's 5th season. He is just now coming into his prime years. Man he is good.

---------- Post added 2012-12-28 at 05:28 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by jreg View Post
    OJ Mayo singlehandedly killed the Mavs it seems. Horrible pass, followed up with two missed free throws.
    Regression to the mean.

Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    He is seriously turning into LeBron James with a better shot. Just think, this is only Durant's 5th season. He is just now coming into his prime years. Man he is good.
    I think he's more like a faster Dirk or a new age Bob McAdoo.

Regression to the mean.
    He looked pretty shaky out there. I'd say part of it was letting his bad game overrule him.

I can't help but feel like Conscript's home team beating Miami was partially because Wade couldn't play. Oh well at least this helps Knicks for #1 seed.

Although it looks like Kings are gonna rape them since Melo and Raymond Felton are out. And Knicks are still rocking a 10 man roster. God, that's gotta be hard on the players playing so many minutes since other people are injured lol. At least they get a weekend break and don't play until Tuesday.

Herald of the Titans Skarsguard's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Man is it the year 2002 because I think I just saw Tim Duncan score 30 points.

10+ Year Old Account
    Clippers erase a 19 point deficit against the Jazz to make it 16 straight wins now.
    Enstraynomic - League of Legends
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

....Knicks came back only to be beaten by a buzzer beater 3....

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    ....Knicks came back only to be beaten by a buzzer beater 3....
    Yeah I was watching the game I was kinda rooting for the kickerbockers.

15+ Year Old Account
    Detroit is reportedly one of the teams interested in getting Boogie Cousins if he does hit the trade market. Price may include Andre Drummond. Now do you guys see why I have given the fuck up on the Pistons? Who the fuck would trade Drummond for Cousins at this point? The fact that that is even a rumor makes me want to break Joe Dumars' legs. This is Allen Iverson all over again. Hey lets tear apart a good nucleus for a headcase and give up a good prospect (Afflalo) while doing it.
    Last edited by conscript; 2012-12-29 at 04:49 PM.

Wtf lol Andre Drummond is like a top 5 Center.

Ryan (Hudsonville, Mich.): In Chad Ford’s chat this week on ESPN.com, he listed the Pistons as one of three teams seriously interested in DeMarcus Cousins. Any way we can get him and Marcus Thornton without giving up Knight, Monroe, Drummond, Singler or Stuckey? Any one of them is too much for Cousins, given his behavior issues, but any other package might be worth the gamble.

Langlois: Sacramento might be privately resigned to not getting equal value in return for Cousins, but there is almost zero chance the Pistons wouldn’t have to be willing to part with someone from the group they consider their core to land a talent of his magnitude. I don’t know that most teams consider him irretrievable. A team that believes it has a strong culture – or at least a stronger culture than Sacramento, which is dealing with the uncertainty of the franchise’s viability in its hometown and a shaky ownership situation – would be willing to gamble on Cousins’ enormous talent. Bottom line, that likely means it’s still too early to get him on the cheap. As for Ford’s assertion that the Pistons are strongly interested, I’d attach a giant asterisk to that. They were well known to be fond of Cousins coming into the 2010 draft, but they’ve since addressed their frontcourt with Monroe and Drummond. They also have Slava Kravtsov, a player they anticipate will be part of their rotation next season. It doesn’t mean they’d turn down a chance to acquire Cousins for a reasonable price, but they have far more pressing needs now.

Take me with you? We'll both root for our home teams?

---------- Post added 2012-12-29 at 06:26 PM ----------

I figured it out guys, I figured out how to become a partial Knicks owner. The Knicks aren't actually owned by a single person, they're owned by the Madison Square Garden Company (which also owns Rangers and Liberty), it's just that James Dolan is the chairman. BUT the MSGC is a publicly traded company, so I just need to buy one share of stock and I can claim to be an NBA team owner. And to get one stock it's not that hard, I don't need a broker or to give my social security number or other stupid shit, I just want one stock to claim ownership, and I found a website that let's you do that.

It's so fullproof it's retarded.

Too bad Chicago, Detroit, and San Antonio are all owned by individuals, I think.

---------- Post added 2012-12-29 at 06:37 PM ----------

Oh I googled some stock stuffs and did some math. With one stock I'd own.. .000000016%. That's 7 zeroes. Seems legit.

---------- Post added 2012-12-29 at 06:41 PM ----------

Oh wait. Change my mind. Atlanta Hawks, Boston Celtics, Denver Nuggets, Detroit Pistons...?, Knicks, OKC, Orlando Magic, Sacramento Kings, San Antonio Spurs, Toronto Raptors, Utah Jazz, and Washington Wizards are all owned by "companies." Not sure if you can actually buy stock in those though, the website I saw only listed MSGCo. So 13/30...I see...
    Last edited by Blueobelisk; 2012-12-29 at 11:27 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah that would be awesome to own like .0001 percent of the Spurs.

Hay blue uhh birthday is coming up you going to send me a autograph B-Ball signed by Timmy D because that's what I'm wanting this year. Ill probably nag my wife enough to buy it for me though out of spite she will buy me a b-ball signed by her favorite player Blake Griffin.

Spurs owned the Mavs 111-86.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/SPURS-SIGNED...item4abfc76452

talk about even better.

Lol that would be a pretty nice trophy gift. But why don't you tell your home team to not pick on my home team. Nets are getting fucking RAPED.