15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Iman Shumpert is closer to playing, omg I told you guys Knicks were gonna come out banging with the whole team fixed up eventually. Just need to see what the deal with Rasheed Wallace is.
    Ya I am really looking forward to seeing the Knicks with Shump back. He was a real exciting player last year.

Rose is taking contact and dunking in practices now. Watch out NBA. The Bulls are coming! i think Id actually favor them over the Knicks if they played each other in the playoffs. The Bulls are 5-1 against New York this season and last they seem to do well against them in general. Playing again tonight on ESPN should be good.

I was honestly surprised Iman has been as good as he has in the NBA, he was always been good obviously when we played against him but I never thought he was like, NBA starter good. Hes kinda proved me wrong. Still prob a douche though.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jibjabb View Post
    Rose is taking contact and dunking in practices now. Watch out NBA. The Bulls are coming! i think Id actually favor them over the Knicks if they played each other in the playoffs. The Bulls are 5-1 against New York this season and last they seem to do well against them in general. Playing again tonight on ESPN should be good.

I was honestly surprised Iman has been as good as he has in the NBA, he was always been good obviously when we played against him but I never thought he was like, NBA starter good. Hes kinda proved me wrong. Still prob a douche though.
    I think the Bulls are a total joke, but I would totally bet on them against the Knicks. The Knicks implode if you close out on them at the three point line. Guess what Chicago does really, really well? Oh ya, play pressure defense on the perimeter. Oops. Good luck getting past them New York with about zero interior presence outside of Chandler.

Calling it now. Knicks win. I will be severely disappointed if Knicks lose.

---------- Post added 2013-01-11 at 08:15 PM ----------

Oh God lol I had it on ESPN and they had the ESPN talkers I guess, it was so annoying. Had to change to Madison Square Garden channel so I could hear Walt Clyde Frasier talk, I love him as the talker.

---------- Post added 2013-01-11 at 08:28 PM ----------

Alright guys. Knicks aren't shooting well and God knows they aren't scoring in the paint. I need Amare to get in there and own.

---------- Post added 2013-01-11 at 08:55 PM ----------

So. They asked Lebron if what LAL is going through now (you know, sucking hard after being expected to be a monstrosity) is comparable to what Heat went through in 2010. Lebron said:

“No one will ever be able to compare what we went through,” James said. “Even though they’re not winning and they’re losing a lot of games, it’s still nowhere near what we went through. Yeah, right. That level of magnitude was nowhere near where ours was two years ago. Nothing. Nothing compares to it.”

Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/2013/01/1...#storylink=cpy

Oh wow wtf lol that read more here thing just showed up. I was gonna link the source to not plagiarize but damn son I didn't expect that shit to show up when I copy and pasted. Anyway. Lol....I'm pretty sure LAL has it worse right now than the Heat did a couple years ago.

And Knicks are getting raped so hard, I can barely stand to watch.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

GOD dammit. I was gonna come here and say that the Knicks sucked so bad, that they were the biggest joke among the title contenders, that they had a shot at a title but they could "possibly lose" to any of the other playoff teams (ex. You know Miami isn't gonna to anyone in East except possibly Knicks in a 7 game series, can't say the same about Knicks; Boston, Indiana, Hawks, Heat, Nets, Bulls could all take down Knicks).

And then Knicks almost came back at the end. ALMOST. I was about to be like "wow that's some Miami Heat shit to make a clutch comeback at the end" and I was like :OOOO. But nah, Knicks still lose. Not as badly as I thought they would but still a loss. I'm disheartened. Melo was like scoreless first 10 mins of game, like 0-7 I think. I was like ...... and he ended up with 39, so lol.

./sigh
    Last edited by Blueobelisk; 2013-01-12 at 03:43 AM.

So. They asked Lebron if what LAL is going through now (you know, sucking hard after being expected to be a monstrosity) is comparable to what Heat went through in 2010. Lebron said:

“No one will ever be able to compare what we went through,” James said. “Even though they’re not winning and they’re losing a lot of games, it’s still nowhere near what we went through. Yeah, right. That level of magnitude was nowhere near where ours was two years ago. Nothing. Nothing compares to it.”

Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/2013/01/1...#storylink=cpy
    God, the rage. He's so fucking arrogant. Look, I get the fact that they're "comparable", but...I...I can't even articulate what I want to say. And he wonders why people don't like him.

15+ Year Old Account
    Jordan Hill gone for the season for the Lakers. Goodbye to their only decent backup anything.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by icedwarrior View Post
    God, the rage. He's so fucking arrogant.
    You think Lebron is arrogant? You haven't been watching the NBA for long have you? I think that he is not arrogant enough, he is the best basketball player in the world he should be arrogant.
    It's coming in 1.2!!!

Quote Originally Posted by mirodin View Post
    You think Lebron is arrogant? You haven't been watching the NBA for long have you? I think that he is not arrogant enough, he is the best basketball player in the world he should be arrogant.
    Why would you praise arrogance? You do realize arrogance is negative in connotation, right? And being the best player in the world doesn't give you the right to be arrogant, either.

Herald of the Titans Skarsguard's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Everybody loves Michael Jordan there is no body that is more Arrogant probably in sports history then him. I would say that most of the greats are arrogant at some point it's probably want made them strive to be great.

Kevin Durant is actually pretty humble and he's second best player in the world right now. And people LOVE him. Did you see that commercial? Chinese Mom pushed her kid do to some math homework the second that the Dad turned into KD so he could "do some stuff" for her.

Edit: I gotta say, best commercials lately are that KD cleans gutter one, the CP3 one where he has a long lost brother, and I love the Blake Griffin one where he tells the kid to play the Mega Dunk game. It's so funny lol. "All you do is dunk in that game."

---------- Post added 2013-01-12 at 09:55 AM ----------

Oh yeah I heard Spurs used some Jedi mind trick to make Grizzlies miss 2 free throws then Tony Parker did some crazy 3 to send the game into overtime. Spurs are fucking clutch lol, even if they did lose.
    Last edited by Blueobelisk; 2013-01-12 at 02:43 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    @Blue, Timmy is probably the best power forward ever and he is humble, but that doesn't mean being arrogant is a bad thing. Wilt, Larry, MJ, Reggie, Barkley and a hell of a lot more hall of fame caliber players were arrogant bastards.
    It's coming in 1.2!!!

Anyone who doesnt commit a foul in 2 weeks playing aggressive defense deserves to be cocky.

"Wilt, Larry, MJ, Reggie, Barkley"

Why are reggie and barkley on that list? LOL

If you don't think Reggie Miller and Charles Barkley are among the best players in the history of the league, then I'm not really sure what to tell you. They aren't top 5 or 10 guys like the other three, but they are probably top 20 or 25. Barkley for sure, Miller is more questionable.

Quote Originally Posted by icedwarrior View Post
    God, the rage. He's so fucking arrogant. Look, I get the fact that they're "comparable", but...I...I can't even articulate what I want to say. And he wonders why people don't like him.
    He's arrogant because he's honest? It really isn't that comparable.

Quote Originally Posted by buck008 View Post
    If you don't think Reggie Miller and Charles Barkley are among the best players in the history of the league, then I'm not really sure what to tell you. They aren't top 5 or 10 guys like the other three, but they are probably top 20 or 25. Barkley for sure, Miller is more questionable.
    Great nba players with rings, vs regular season hero's. They arent terrible but they shouldnt be mentioned with larry, mj and wilt. The greatest our sport has seen.

They are getting the Howie Long treatment for being on television.

Quote Originally Posted by chadwix View Post
    Great nba players with rings, vs regular season hero's. They arent terrible but they shouldnt be mentioned with larry, mj and wilt. The greatest our sport has seen.

They are getting the Howie Long treatment for being on television.
    Charles Barkley and Reggie Miller both had really good postseasons they were just unfortunate enough to be playing against Michael Jordan. Id honestly take them both over Wilt who imo is the most overrated athlete of all time but ya thats a different story for a different day. All of them are no doubt HoF caliber players.

What commercials are you watching Blue? I dont think I've ever seen any of those.

Deleted
    That's nowhere near being 'arrogant'. He & Wade point exactly the difference between these two teams.

One was a SStar team that everyone expected to outright win everything and everyone,
    and second was a SStar team that everyone expected to fail miserably but not only expected, a lot of people wished for it.

Miami was ready from the start to take the blame and finals11 only increased chemistry among players. (LeBron assisting role only helped it)
    LAL was obviously not ready.
    (Kobe 'shooting' role made things even worse. He is not good enough shooter to be feared and supported for his ability)

Im a magic fan and glad they beat the clippers. But how the heck do they only get 6 ft attempts?

I'm talking about these Jib: (Incoming mass videos, I'll link them then embed the same ones, so if you see the videos embedded don't click the link)

Blake Griffin one
    Chris Paul assist one
    Kevin Durant one

I'm SURE you saw those. Blake Griffin one is fucking beast. Kevin Durant one was funny first time around. Chris Paul one is kind of boring to be honest but whatever, there are a couple others with Magic Johnson in them, but those aren't funny except to watch Magic show his support for Clipper Showtime since the Lakers suck (that's not the purpose of the commercial, but of course that's what we're all gonna point out and conspire about).

If anyone's bored, Blake and Chris also had an interview with Jimmy Kimmel. It's pretty cool, there are some funny moments. I'll just link those:

CP3 + BGriffin JKimm Part 1
    Part 2

Edit: Lol word Chadwix, I originally came here to be like "wtf LAC lost to Magic?!?!" Magic lost their last 10 prior to this game. They were 0-10. Then they take out the best team in the League (record wise, don't jump on me).

Edit: Okay I found that CP3 Commercial with Magic Johnson in it I was talking about. Steve Nash is there too lol...

As I said it was pretty boring except to make a joke about how LAL sucks now and Magic supports Clippers.
    Last edited by Blueobelisk; 2013-01-13 at 12:08 AM.

ya I never seen those. The Blake Griffin one was awesome. Hes been pretty good in commercials lately.