...lets see....

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    ...lets see....
    You're seeing it now.

EDIT: Man, back and forth. Just when Nets look good Lakers go on a run.

EDIT2: This game is nuts.
    Last edited by jreg; 2013-02-06 at 02:40 AM.

Herald of the Titans Skarsguard's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Houston just scored like 140 points without overtime that is nuts. J.Lin had 28 points which lead the way for H town wth I guess Golden State forgot to show up and let the water boy's take over.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pau Gasol went out in the Lakers/Nets game with a foot injury. I don't know if this will hamper the winning streak that apparently LAL is on.

Quote Originally Posted by skarsguard View Post
    Houston just scored like 140 points without overtime that is nuts. J.Lin had 28 points which lead the way for H town wth I guess Golden State forgot to show up and let the water boy's take over.
    Why does it look like massive sandbagging by GS?
    Enstraynomic - League of Legends
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

...Dwight Howard was out with shoulder injury. Ron Artest out for being problematic. Brook Lopez injured Pao's foot with 4 mins to go.

And the Nets still lost. Fucking disappointing.

Anyone else lose a lot of respect for Mark Jackson after that game tonight? With Houston tying the all time 3 pointers made in game with a few minutes or so go Mark Jackson took it upon himself to not even let them get a chance by intentionally fouling when they got the ball.

His reasoning: ''We're not going to lay down,'' Jackson said. ''If you're going to try to get the record, we're going to stop it.'' ''That doesn't mean, lay down and surrender. That's not in our DNA.'

He was currently getting blown out in this game so giving the Rockets easier chances at more points from the free throw line doesnt really seem like a "fight to the finish" mentality. By fouling them when its already a blowout it makes him look pathetic that he cares more about a record than actually playing the game of basketball. Nobody is asking you to lie down and give up Mark. If you dont want them to hit the 3s then idk... GUARD THEM?
    Last edited by Jibjabb; 2013-02-06 at 11:43 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jibjabb View Post
    Anyone else lose a lot of respect for Mark Jackson after that game tonight? With Houston tying the all time 3 pointers made in game with a few minutes or so go Mark Jackson took it upon himself to not even let them get a chance by intentionally fouling when they got the ball.

His reasoning: ''We're not going to lay down,'' Jackson said. ''If you're going to try to get the record, we're going to stop it.'' ''That doesn't mean, lay down and surrender. That's not in our DNA.'

He was currently getting blown out in this game so giving the Rockets easier chances at more points from the free throw line doesnt really seem like a "fight to the finish" mentality. By fouling them when its already a blowout it makes him look pathetic that he cares more about a record than actually playing the game of basketball. Nobody is asking you to lie down and give up Mark. If you dont want them to hit the 3s then idk... GUARD THEM?
    Agree 100%. Phenomenally stupid. Who cares about being on the wrong side of some pointless record like most 3s in a game. Play some defense in the first place to stop them from approaching that record lol. Wish I would have watched that game last night though. Looks like it would have been exciting.

---------- Post added 2013-02-06 at 08:36 AM ----------

My fantasy basketball team is amazing. Here are my impressive head to head weekly win loss numbers:
    3s: 10-2-1
    Rebounds: 10-3 (I dropped three weeks in a row when Love and another two guys got hurt)
    Steals 11-2
    Assists 13-0
    Turnovers: 0-13

I am the champion of turnovers and assists. I have a 470 assist lead and I'm 190 turnovers more than the next worst team. I'm also the worst shooting percentage team in our league (and in my other league where my team is shooting an impressive 44%).

Not one bit.

15+ Year Old Account
    Its National Signing Day for college football, the day when kids who have never accomplished anything that matters in their entire lives hold ESPN covered press conferences to announce what school they are going to and the proceeds don't even go to charity. It is also the day when you can officially slap every person in the world that still holds The Decision against LeBron, an event held by an All-Star, an MVP, the best player in the world, and a guy who dragged a bad team to a Finals (where they were destroyed), that also generated millions for charity. At least he had proven something at that point. These kids do literally the exact same thing and have never taken a single snap in college let alone the pros.

Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    It is also the day when you can officially slap every person in the world that still holds The Decision against LeBron, an event held by an All-Star, an MVP, the best player in the world, and a guy who dragged a bad team to a Finals (where they were destroyed), that also generated millions for charity
    Haha, I knew you'd bring this up, conscript. Why must I hate LeBron while I must seemingly praise an athlete of whom I've never heard of? Why can't I dislike The Decision, in addition to hating National Signing Day / similar events?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by icedwarrior View Post
    Haha, I knew you'd bring this up, conscript. Why must I hate LeBron while I must seemingly praise an athlete of whom I've never heard of? Why can't I dislike The Decision, in addition to hating National Signing Day / similar events?
    Because there would be $2.5 million less in the hands of the Boys and Girls club if it wasn't for the Decision. You don't hate boys and girls do you? Although if you do then ya hate them both.

You know what? Its storytime folks, gather round. This is the tale of why Conscript hates high school athletes. When i was in high school, a group of four friends and I participated in this academic games league they have in Michigan. We were good. Like real good. The state tournament had four separate academic games that you played based on math, English, set theory, and history. We won two of those tournaments, took third in another, and fourth in the last. We fucking rolled people and we were from one of the smallest schools that participated (my graduating class was 60 people playing against schools with 300-500 size classes). We had done similarly a few years earlier and were able to go to Nationals where we did okay. So we set up our meeting with the school board to discuss how we were going to go to Nationals. They told us we couldn't. We said we would pay our own way. Still no. We wouldn't take a bus and would drive ourselves. Still no. You know why? Because the school was already shelling out for chaperones for the football team's annual fishing trip and didn't want to pay for ours as well. Our football team won 2 games that year. TWO!!!! We were state god damn champs in academics and got passed on recognition for a god damn TWO win football team. So yes, I have a problem with entitled high school athletes, good ones, bad ones, any of them. And this is why. My school has never been good at sports. Our football teams have always been a joke, our basketball team was ranked as high as 3rd in the state once when I was in school, and 98% of that was because we had one kid who could bomb 3s. Yet academics always played second fiddle.
    Last edited by conscript; 2013-02-06 at 05:36 PM.

Because there would be $2.5 million less in the hands of the Boys and Girls club if it wasn't for the Decision. You don't hate boys and girls do you? Although if you do then ya hate them both.

You know what? Its storytime folks, gather round. This is the tale of why Conscript hates high school athletes. When i was in high school, a group of four friends and I participated in this academic games league they have in Michigan. We were good. Like real good. The state tournament had four separate academic games that you played based on math, English, set theory, and history. We won two of those tournaments, took third in another, and fourth in the last. We fucking rolled people and we were from one of the smallest schools that participated (my graduating class was 60 people playing against schools with 300-500 size classes). We had done similarly a few years earlier and were able to go to Nationals where we did okay. So we set up our meeting with the school board to discuss how we were going to go to Nationals. They told us we couldn't. We said we would pay our own way. Still no. We wouldn't take a bus and would drive ourselves. Still no. You know why? Because the school was already shelling out for chaperones for the football team's annual fishing trip and didn't want to pay for ours as well. Our football team won 2 games that year. TWO!!!! We were state god damn champs in academics and got passed on recognition for a god damn TWO win football team. So yes, I have a problem with entitled high school athletes, good ones, bad ones, any of them. And this is why. My school has never been good at sports. Our football teams have always been a joke, our basketball team was ranked as high as 3rd in the state once when I was in school, and 98% of that was because we had one kid who could bomb 3s. Yet academics always played second fiddle.
    Can't really blame the kids for that one though. It's just administrative politics. My old high school is doing something similar but between sports. They are dropping men's volleyball because they don't want to pay to host tournaments from other schools anymore even though they are more than fine with men's football being played... and they haven't won dick in over a decade.

You're...you're joking, right? I genuinely hope you are, because that's a horrible "argument" to make.

I want to say that his $2.5 million was tokenism, but since I can't find any sources (because everyone is ZOMG DECISION DID SOMETHING POSITIVE!), I'll have to put it this way: it was his way of covering his ass, in my opinion. It adds to the narrative that "Hey, he was being selfish...but he did this! It's okay!", which, while it is great that he donated the proceeds, why did he have the need to do so then? Why not before? Why not after? Why not again? Of course, I have to stipulate that this is merely my opinion, because I don't know what is in his heart (just as you don't), but he sure does come off as an arrogant, egotistical jerk, which makes it easy to arrive at my conclusion.

15+ Year Old Account
    Of course, I have to stipulate that this is merely my opinion, because I don't know what is in his heart (just as you don't), but he sure does come off as an arrogant, egotistical jerk, which makes it easy to arrive at my conclusion.
    I'm willing to bet what was in his heart is "This is going to make me a boatload of money in sponsorships, airtime, etc." lol. But I am a capitalist sir and this is Murica and that is everything that is right about Murica. (Note: I am not a capitalist).

You're...you're joking, right? I genuinely hope you are, because that's a horrible "argument" to make.

I want to say that his $2.5 million was tokenism, but since I can't find any sources (because everyone is ZOMG DECISION DID SOMETHING POSITIVE!), I'll have to put it this way: it was his way of covering his ass, in my opinion. It adds to the narrative that "Hey, he was being selfish...but he did this! It's okay!", which, while it is great that he donated the proceeds, why did he have the need to do so then? Why not before? Why not after? Why not again? Of course, I have to stipulate that this is merely my opinion, because I don't know what is in his heart (just as you don't), but he sure does come off as an arrogant, egotistical jerk, which makes it easy to arrive at my conclusion.
    That's a pretty big token.

Joking aside, I agree somewhat. The donation was clearly not 100% done for the boys and girls club but to also act as a buffer for a decision LeBron's people suspected might not be all that popular. LeBron made the huge mistake of listening to his friends this time and not telling them (politely) to fuck off.

Also, LeBron does donate a substantial amount of his time into the boys and girls club since that's where he grew up in Akron but that amount of money? It's not really that hard to see why he doesn't do it repeatedly. One decision was one too many.

10+ Year Old Account

And this is why it's safe to blame the athletic department for whatever is wrong with a school in the other areas. Granted that I sometimes say that jokingly because our athletics here at UH hasn't produced a damn thing these past few years, but still.
    Enstraynomic - League of Legends
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

This is why you can't defend LeBron. The people who hate him will take something that is undeniably good (raising $2.5 mill for boys and girls clubs) and discredit it for no logical reason. "Just covering his ass"? I bet the recipients of that $2.5 million didn't care what the fuck he was doing. He could have literally spent 2 hours pissing on a pile of money for his "Decision" and the boys and girls club still gladly would have taken every penny.

Its storytime folks, gather round. This is the tale of...
    Story time!!! Yay.

Uh oh. Knicks are up against Washington Wizards tonight. Those guys are so good they beat Heat, OKC, and LAC. Talk about beasts. They're out for Knickerbocker blood tonight.

Lol actually this is one of those jam packed Wednesdays. 26 teams are playing tonight.

---------- Post added 2013-02-06 at 06:30 PM ----------

:O We fucked LAL pretty bad last night lol. Pao Gasol has some thing with his foot, out 6 weeks at least. Dwight Howard is still injured and "not in a rush to come back."

Hmmmm. I don't think LAL will make playoffs even though guys like Steve Blake and Earl Clark are stepping up. It's just too late in the season.

---------- Post added 2013-02-06 at 07:17 PM ----------

Knicks are getting trashed lol.

---------- Post added 2013-02-06 at 07:28 PM ----------

Knicks went up lol.

Guys I know what you guys should get me for Valentine's Day. I want a pair of Amare Stoudemire goggles. Like how his vision is fucked up like mine but he doesn't wear contacts, he has glasses but he has those special goggles so he can run around and injure his knees and block shots and shoot perfect FG%s. I want a pair of those.

---------- Post added 2013-02-06 at 09:21 PM ----------

WOW. Those washington Wizards are regular season heroes. They keep killing off all the top teams lol........

Sort of embarrassed Knicks lost. At least it wasn't a home loss but still, Knicks couldn't get their shit together at the end there.

Nets are losing to Pistons too lol......

---------- Post added 2013-02-06 at 09:24 PM ----------

Wow this college basketball looks pretty crazy on ESPN waiting for Spurs Wolves game.

They're in overtime and the audience is actually more lively than in a real stadium.

Wow lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Neazy View Post
    This is why you can't defend LeBron. The people who hate him will take something that is undeniably good (raising $2.5 mill for boys and girls clubs) and discredit it for no logical reason. "Just covering his ass"? I bet the recipients of that $2.5 million didn't care what the fuck he was doing. He could have literally spent 2 hours pissing on a pile of money for his "Decision" and the boys and girls club still gladly would have taken every penny.
    Its just the Lance Armstrong debate all over again. Some say hey the guy was a great guy he helped raise all this money for cancer research which helped a lot of people, while others say hes an egotistical asshole that ruined some lives and betrayed millions of people. Different scale with Lebron, same premise.

Its just the Lance Armstrong debate all over again. Some say hey the guy was a great guy he helped raise all this money for cancer research which helped a lot of people, while others say hes an egotistical asshole that ruined some lives and betrayed millions of people. Different scale with Lebron, same premise.
    Unless I'm missing something, surely his major contributions to cancer research far outweigh whatever he did in what is largely just a sport? I mean, just saying from the perspective of societal contribution and achievement right? I guess I can see why people who are emotionally invested in cycling feel betrayed by the guy but didn't the last guy who ran off titles admit to using PEDs? Isn't the sport littered with PED users? Like, not considering his personality or whatever but surely from a point blank human scale, what he's done to benefit far outweighs his flaws? I'd imagine this is especially true for people who have had family or friends who have had cancer.