Chicago is the 3rd largest city in the US (in population) and one of the best for sports. The Bulls have led the NBA in attendance since 09 and were still #2 then. We just love our sports teams, has nothing to do with Jordan. Even the Blackhawks lead the NHL in attedance like every year and thats against Canadian cities where thats mostly all they have. Bears always sell out, stadium is just tiny so the crowd numbers arent big. Only the White Sox I would say draw a low amount of fans, mostly cause people generally prefer to see the Cubs.

Most of Spurs downfall in terms of media attention isnt so much location but their star power. Duncan, Parker, and Ginobili arent really that marketable compared to Lebron, Melo, Durant, Kobe, and the other teams that get more attention.

^ Of course you guys love your sports. There's nothing else to fucking do in that city.

Heat stay killin em.

Unless thats a reference to the weather being shitty (cause it definitely can be) I dont think any other cities have much we dont. Maybe you're thinking of Cleveland

Last edited by Jibjabb; 2013-03-04 at 02:00 AM.

The west coast has better weather and legal weed, the south has hotter girls, and New York does the cold weather city thing better than you guys. You might be better than Cleveland, but you still suck.

Well you are entitled to your opinion however wrong it may be.

Herald of the Titans Skarsguard's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    He has a small point Jibjabb NY and L.A has to be flashy and "Primetime" for them to get the attendance or else they will just go to the beach or night clubs. Boston I would say is more like Chicago in terms as far as sports towns go people tend to go even if the teams are not great. I don't get why Chicago hates the white sox they have historically been better then the Cubs, play in a better league (American vs National) and a recent WS ring... the only thing I can think of is location though I'm not familiar with Chicago.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Neazy View Post
    The west coast has better weather and legal weed, the south has hotter girls, and New York does the cold weather city thing better than you guys. You might be better than Cleveland, but you still suck.
    This is a well thought out and logical statement...

Seriously though I am surprised you even have the capability to type. The south has hotter girls? New York does the cold weather city thing better? Lol what does that even mean? What is the cold weather city thing?

I sometimes wonder when people post things like this if they have any clue how stupid they look.
    Last edited by Stommped; 2013-03-04 at 04:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by otyknip View Post
    Spurs are just that good, even without Parker, the only reason he shouldnt be in the MVP conversation. He is really, really good player, but with this coach and this team - he dosent seem that valuable, for the team
    gj beating detroit, they're a great team lol

the spurs are the patriots, they're a great system that can compete in the regular season with anyone, but just don't have enough talent to win it all. tony parker is the 3rd best player in the staring lineup in miami and he's the #1 guy in SA, duncan is still as solid as ever but he's not gonna take a game over for you like he could 5 years ago

do you realize they haven't even won the west since 2007? people act like they've done something recently, and if losing to the #8 seed is 'doing something' then yeah, they have

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stommped View Post

Seriously though I am surprised you even have the capability to type. The south has hotter girls? New York does the cold weather city thing better? Lol what does that even mean? What is the cold weather city thing?

I sometimes wonder when people post things like this if they have any clue how stupid they look.
    Girls are hotter in the south I will give him that. Cold weather thing is where it's freaking cold three quarters of the year L.A. and Miami have beaches and other outdoor things to do. I don't think Chicago sucks yall I do prefer the Chicago style pizza over the NY style and I do like the White Sox thou I still haven't gotten an answer why people from Chicago despise them.

Quote Originally Posted by fizzbob View Post

the spurs are the patriots, they're a great system that can compete in the regular season with anyone, but just don't have enough talent to win it all. tony parker is the 3rd best player in the staring lineup in miami and he's the #1 guy in SA, duncan is still as solid as ever but he's not gonna take a game over for you like he could 5 years ago

do you realize they haven't even won the west since 2007? people act like they've done something recently, and if losing to the #8 seed is 'doing something' then yeah, they have
    Hahaha, that's actually a pretty good comparison. I think if the Spurs could pick up a solid 6th man, they have the potential to make a deep run in the playoffs. Their "big 3" has the ability and experience to shred younger teams (ex. GSW) and they have probably one of the most talented (and under-the-radar) benches in the west.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fizzbob View Post

Spurs are solid every year most teams have hickups every few years look at the Lakers. Hell years ago the Pistons was on of the best teams in the NBA and now they get lottery picks every year. Every since Duncan has been with the Spurs they haven't missed a playoff that is amazing and atm Duncan is 1-0 vs LBJ in the finals. If James got hurt for 4 weeks the Heat would probably lose 1-2 games a week which yea makes him the MVP in my eyes but you can't dismiss what T.Parker does for the Spurs there probably isn't a better player at getting into the paint then him.
    Last edited by Skarsguard; 2013-03-04 at 05:08 PM.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by skarsguard View Post
    Girls are hotter in the south I will give him that. Cold weather thing is where it's freaking cold three quarters of the year L.A. and Miami have beaches and other outdoor things to do. I don't think Chicago sucks yall I do prefer the Chicago style pizza over the NY style and I do like the White Sox thou I still haven't gotten an answer why people from Chicago despise them.
    Yeah but he said NY does the cold weather thing better than Chicago, what does that even mean? I can understand preferring warm weather to cold, but that's not what he meant (I don't even think HE knows what he meant).

As far as Cubs/Sox it's about 65-35 in favor of the Cubs according to the last survey in Chicago I saw. I wouldn't call that despising them but it's fairly significant. It's pretty embarrassing when the last place Cubs were outdrawing the first place Sox last year. Prior to the Trib selling the team the Cubs historically generally had higher payroll Sox, and the higher payroll teams are generally the ones that get more media coverage/national games. The location of Wrigley Field vs. the location of US Cellular also plays a huge role in popularity of the team.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah but he said NY does the cold weather thing better than Chicago, what does that even mean? I can understand preferring warm weather to cold, but that's not what he meant (I don't even think HE knows what he meant).

As far as Cubs/Sox it's about 65-35 in favor of the Cubs according to the last survey in Chicago I saw. I wouldn't call that despising them but it's fairly significant. It's pretty embarrassing when the last place Cubs were outdrawing the first place Sox last year. Prior to the Trib selling the team the Cubs historically generally had higher payroll Sox, and the higher payroll teams are generally the ones that get more media coverage/national games. The location of Wrigley Field vs. the location of US Cellular also plays a huge role in popularity of the team.
    Well Chicago,Boston,and Detroit are better sports cities then NY but that's because there is more stuff to do there that's probably what he means (I'm just guessing).

Not as stupid as people who don't get thinly veiled sarcasm.

Did you guys see my Spurs team dominate last night without Tony Parker? Rank 1 for a reason.

All this city talk is lol. Not even gonna join in. I'll just put it like this, there are four kinds of cities:

1. Cities that sell tickets no matter what because of location. (NY, LA)
    2.A. Cities that sell tickets because of location.
    2.B. Cities that don't sell tickets because of their location.
    3.A. Cities that sell tickets because their team is good.
    3.B. Cities that don't sell tickets because their team sucks.
    4. Some combination of 2 or 3.

Knicks are up against Cleveland tonight. Hopefully Kyrie doesn't play and Knicks get a W. I'll probably tune into Heat @ Minnesota just to pray Heat lose their win streak.

---------- Post added 2013-03-04 at 09:02 PM ----------

Melo went down with hurt knee in this Cavs game, went to locker room and didn't come back for 2nd half. UH OH. If Melo is seriously injured I'll...cry.

10+ Year Old Account
    I lol'd blue I lol'd your spurs now huh we will see when they play the Knicks or Nets.

---------- Post added 2013-03-04 at 09:25 PM ----------

http://www.nba.com/spurs/video/2013/...op5mov-2403812 top spurs play of the week Manu man he just does some crazy $***.

I'd hope Spurs beat Nets but lose to Knicks, for the best of all 3 teams. And !! if Spurs are one of my teams I have to brag about them. Manu did that crazy 3 because he's highest paid Spurs player, duhhh. He's obviously best on team.

Knicks beat Cleveland lol...up against Detroit tomorrow. I wonder about Melo's health.

---------- Post added 2013-03-04 at 09:55 PM ----------

Actually that game I mentioned isn't tomorrow.

But tomorrow is OKC vs. LAL. LAL is currently .500 and 2.5 games behind 7th and 8th seed with like 22 games to go or something. They need these wins to squeeze into playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    But tomorrow is OKC vs. LAL. LAL is currently .500 and 2.5 games behind 7th and 8th seed with like 22 games to go or something. They need these wins to squeeze into playoffs.
    The league is trying hard to get the lakers in the playoff, they took 40 ft's last night and still lost. Since the all start break their ft attempts have seem to double.

Magic will beat the heat tonight, they always let down vs bad teams.

Magic is gonna disappoint as per usual. Heat are gonna win next 2 games, get to 17 win streak, then lose to Pacers.

A lot of stuff over this Serge Ibaka low blow on Blake Griffin. Wade and Lebron are mad, Blake is kind of mad, it's lol. They gave Ibaka a $25k fine no suspension, rumors because LAL vs. OKC was on prime time TNT last night and they didn't want to take Ibaka out to risk lowering viewers.

Edit: Oh and Spurs are gonna rock Chicago tonight, Knicks are gonna beat Pistons, Brooklyn is gonna beat Bobcats, and Magic is gonna die to Heat.

LOL at this fucking Magic email I got about getting to know Tobias Harris (one of the shitty people they got in JJ Reddick trade). God I hate the Magic.

Think im done with the nba reg season until we get a new commish and refs. Magic played well but when you combine the star power on the heat and their homefloor its like watching bret hart (wwf) wrestle in canada.

Only watching star vs star or playoff games so the refs are fair. I knew we were done when vuc fouled out off the ball after ray allen missing a three.