Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Everybody says this, but there must be a ton of people out there like me that hates to see the same three teams in the finals every year, and likes to see the underdogs win. Watching Heat/Spurs, Heat/Lakers, Celtic/Lakers every year is stupidly dull.
    Nah. I'm sure a lot of people would like to see some change, but that's not what the media/average fan wants. Average fan* probably knows little about basketball and only wants to see/hear about the big names. "Omg Lebron James is on and he's chasing Jordan's legacy and he left Cleveland to play with these scrubs? I gotta watch that shit." Roy Hibbert or Paul George are in the finals? Who the fuck are they?

*fan = someone who will generate income for the National Basketball Association by watching a game on TV or buying merchandise (ex. Jersey)

Speaking of which, I saw a couple guys in Wade and Lebron Heat jerseys (since I'm in Florida). I wanted to tease them but they looked kind of white trash and probably didn't even know the game.

---------- Post added 2013-06-02 at 09:22 PM ----------

Alright let's play this shit.

Code:
    +4 if you pick the correct team
    4 points for picking the exact amount of games
    +2 if you are 1 game off
    0 if you are 2 or 3 games off.

If Heat win:

Code:
    San Antonio Spurs in 4
    Miami Heat in 7.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Spurs in 6. (+4) + (+0)
    Miami in 6. (+4) + (+2)

Total: +10
    Quote Originally Posted by Skarsguard View Post
    Spurs in 6 (+4) + (+0)
    Pacers in 6 (+0) + (+0)

Total: +4
    Quote Originally Posted by buck008 View Post
    Spurs in 7. (+4) + (+0)
    Miami/Pacers- If Hill is 100%- Miami in 7 (+4) + (+4)

Total: +12
    Quote Originally Posted by Arqentum View Post
    mem-sas 4:2 (+0) + (+0)
    mia-ind 4:1 (+4) + (+0)

Quote Originally Posted by Jibjabb View Post
    Spurs in 7 (+4) + (+0)
    Heat in 6. (+4) + (+2)

Quote Originally Posted by Stommped View Post
    Miami in 5 (+4) + (+0)
    Spurs in 7 (+4) + (+0)

Total: +8
    Both series go to seven.
    Spurs win. (+4) + (+0)
    PACERS win. (+0) + (+2)

Total: +6
    WINNER: Buck

----------

If Pacers win:

Code:
    San Antonio Spurs in 4
    Pacers in 7.
    Spurs in 6. (+4) + (+0)
    Miami in 6. (+0) + (+0)

Quote Originally Posted by Skarsguard View Post
    Spurs in 6 (+4) + (+0)
    Pacers in 6 (+4) + (+2)

Quote Originally Posted by buck008 View Post
    Spurs in 7. (+4) + (+0)
    Miami/Pacers- If Hill is 100%- Miami in 7 (+0) + (+2)

mem-sas 4:2 (+0) + (+0)
    mia-ind 4:1 (+0) + (+0)

Total: +0 LOL
    Quote Originally Posted by Jibjabb View Post
    Spurs in 7 (+4) + (+0)
    Heat in 6. (+0) + (+0)

Quote Originally Posted by Stommped View Post
    Miami in 5 (+0) + (+0)
    Spurs in 7 (+4) + (+0)

Both series go to seven.
    Spurs win. (+4) + (+0)
    PACERS win. (+4) + (+4)

Total: +12
    WINNER: Pendulous

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Real bet should be over/under mia shoots 60+ fts.
    You cared enough to post.

Quote Originally Posted by jreg View Post
    There are several factors at play here. The vast majority of players LeBron played with in Cleveland aren't even in the league anymore, and the only players in Miami we can really compare with outside of the big three are either aging out of prime players, or journeymen role players. This is not to say LeBron only plays with scrubs but to say he doesn't make players around him better is flippant at best.

Anderson Varejao wasn't quite in his prime when LeBron left and he didn't get the minutes and the role he was getting now (a very large mistake Coach Brown made during his tenure), Mo Williams, Drew Gooden, Sasha Pavlovic, and several other non-past 30 year players had their best years while playing with LeBron, Larry Hughes was an overrated ball chucker, Boozer fucked Cleveland and hightailed it outta there to Utah, and as mentioned earlier, a good chunk of players LeBron got were at the end of their careers like Donyell, Wally, Shaq, and Big Ben. This is a weak argument and rides on the back of a what-have-you-done-for-me-lately mentality. No one was saying this after games 4 and 5 in the Finals.
    Ive been saying this Lebrons whole career he gets far too much credit for what his teammates do. Bosh/Wade arent old aging players and were vastly better before they played on the court with Lebron James. Mo Williams actually was a more productive player in his year previous with the Bucks before going to Cleveland, he only got more recognized in Cleveland because they were winning games (which sadly is the only way many people get noticed). Varejao, Hickson, Boozer and several other at the time young players have had more successful careers after Lebron left the team. The only guys who remotely had better years with Lebron were scrub type players that dont get minutes anywhere. Everyone with a decent NBA career outside of perhaps Gooden (and even thats debateable) was better without James.

This isnt to say its Lebron holding them back out of skill its more to say, having someone that shoots a lot and is so ball dominant is going to hinder the success of most other players they play with which can be true for many other superstars. Only ball dominant pure passers like say Nash will give players greater success yet Lebron gets treated in the same vein as Nash does as making teammates around him better. Obviously Lebrons personal benefits will generally outweigh those lost by his teammates as a result of him being there, so team success will in most cases go up. But thats not what people say, they dont say Lebron makes the Heat better. They say he makes his teammates which would include Wade, Bosh, Allen etc. All of whom arent nearly as good as they once were and only Allen has the excuse of age as a reason.

Deleted
    If Heat win:
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous
    Both series go to seven.
    Spurs win. (+4) + (+0)
    PACERS win. (+0) + (+2)

It will be:

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous
    Both series go to seven.
    Spurs win. (+4) + (+0)
    PACERS win. (+0) + (+0)

Or points for games amount are awarded independently? Makes little sense.

Same with buck008 'if pacers win'.
    Last edited by mmoc14553d1068; 2013-06-03 at 08:06 AM.

Any game 7 game is "one game off" to me. If they had won one more instead of lost one more then it'd be GG.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah orginally I had said you only get bonus points from series length if you picked the correct team to win. But you're right in that if you think of a series in this way:

Heat {-- 4 -- 5 -- 6 -- 7 -- 7 -- 6 -- 5 -- 4 --} Pacers

And we say one number to the right or left of what you picked awards 2 points then you would be right. You're the one actually keeping track of this stuff so you can score it however you want :P. Either way what you said about the winners still holds true, Pacers win and Pendulous wins, Heat win and Buck wins. That's all that matters!

10+ Year Old Account
    Indiana forgot what color their jersey is. Maybe they can fix that before the game ends.

I really want to see a Miami Heat practice. Do they spend half of it on how to do the most over accentuated flops? I have never in all my life of watching the NBA seen a team "act" this much, its just annoying to watch

I'd suck a dick to be able to watch this game normally. I have the option of some shitty lagging stream that makes me wanna pull my hair out and TNTOvertime which shows one camera in the view of one of the guys on the floor so you barely see the full scope of the court, nor can you see the score unless you don't do full screen, nor can you see the shot clock/game clock AT ALL. Don't worry though, they show how many time outs the teams have left. Fucking worthless TNT.

My roommate is hosting a "Hobbit" movie night or some shit so I can't even watch it on the shitty 15 inch TV the apartment has.

---------- Post added 2013-06-03 at 09:06 PM ----------

Jib I'm assuming you were talking about Mario Chalmers or maybe Lebron. I can't really see the actual flops that well lol...

How to act like a giant tool: Just copy Chris Bosh after he hits a three point shot
    Last edited by Jibjabb; 2013-06-04 at 02:02 AM.

He hit 5 in like 10 seconds (or something, I don't know, I don't have a fucking game/shot clock to view) and fired up crowd. But ya it's only +10, not that big of an achievement considering Roy and Paul were still on bench. I think...

Hibbert in some foul trouble and not dominating this game. Not looking very good for the Pacers atm.

I'd suck a dick to be able to watch this game normally.
    No homo.

Lol jk. Miami Heat up by 15 at halftime...It looks like Heat got this on lock. Kind of boring, I wanted my heart to be racing for Heat to have to come back to win in 3rd quarter. But w.e.

yea ive lost interest if this gets close ill pay attention otherwise I dont care. Heat winning by a lot is just so boring, only entertaining if its the potential upset

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, this is just depressing at this point.

---------- Post added 2013-06-03 at 10:29 PM ----------

Hibbert has 5 fouls, Pacers down 19, third quarter not over yet. So...yeah....

Deleted
    I bet all the m*******rs are watching them now, are they. Too cocky, big Roy, too cocky.

we need stopmmped here to blame the refs

Up by 19 with under 2 minutes left of 3rd...Roy Hibbert with 5 fouls...GG guys. GG.

OH I came here to say chemistry between Lebron and Wade is good and Wade is playing well.

It would have been exciting if Heat players were sucking and Lebron decided to be like "fuck this shit I'm Lebron James" and he played Hero Ball and dropped like 50. THAT'D have been fun.

---------- Post added 2013-06-03 at 10:33 PM ----------

Forgot to say I'm getting a little nervous with Spurs having SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much rest and Heat coming off of playing a good game. I almost don't remember what Spurs players look like, it's been so long.

---------- Post added 2013-06-03 at 10:37 PM ----------

Paul George 5 fouls before 4th quarter. I see.

10+ Year Old Account
    Figures game 1 will be Thursday when I go back to work.

Jib, I see your point about acting. it's pretty bad this game.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by otyknip View Post
    I bet all the m*******rs are watching them now, are they. Too cocky, big Roy, too cocky.

we need stopmmped here to blame the refs
    Still waiting for you to quote one of my posts where I ever blamed the refs. I assume you think because you post it, it must be true?

Also: http://twitpic.com/cv58mw

Frank Vogul: Cut it to single digits guys.
    Indiana Pacers: We wanna be down by 21 start of 4th man.

---------- Post added 2013-06-03 at 10:44 PM ----------

Yo I went to NBA.com to check box stats since I can't see scores...And in +/- status whole Indiana Pacers team are in negative. Is that even possible LOL?