Herald of the Titans Skarsguard's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    Who doesn't watch the Wolves more than two times? They have freaking Ricky Rubio, the most exciting playmaker in the NBA. People will play with Kobe. The issue is that you have to be a guy with the exact same mindset or Kobe will devour you. Dwight never had that. Shaq only had that attitude in the playoffs. I think a guy like LeBron could coexist with Kobe easily.
    I don't care much for Rubio besides I can watch Parker on my Spurs do just as crazy stuff. Shaq didn't go to the Lakers to play with Kobe hell Kobe was a rookie when Shaq got there and as history went left because him and Kobe couldn't coexist. I don't think Lebron would want to play with Kobe I mean he might like it because it would make it where he wouldn't have to take over games late in the game but ehh. People in there prime will start going to Lakers again when Kobe retires I'm calling it now.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skarsguard View Post
    I don't care much for Rubio besides I can watch Parker on my Spurs do just as crazy stuff. Shaq didn't go to the Lakers to play with Kobe hell Kobe was a rookie when Shaq got there and as history went left because him and Kobe couldn't coexist. I don't think Lebron would want to play with Kobe I mean he might like it because it would make it where he wouldn't have to take over games late in the game but ehh. People in there prime will start going to Lakers again when Kobe retires I'm calling it now.
    It is certainly possible. I'd love to see Kobe keep the Lakers hostage for a few more years with a ridiculous salary that doesn't let them compete for a title. If they hit next summer with massive cap space and don't sign anyone significant I will laugh my ass off.

Knicks are likely to sign Ron Artest 1 year $1.6 or $1.3 mil or some shit. Decent addition eh?

This lady is supposed to call me at 4 to see if I still want season tickets or a partial plan for Knicks soooo.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Knicks are likely to sign Ron Artest 1 year $1.6 or $1.3 mil or some shit. Decent addition eh?

This lady is supposed to call me at 4 to see if I still want season tickets or a partial plan for Knicks soooo.
    Hard to argue against signing a 12 ppg, 5rpg, 2spg player for half your mid level exception. Don't think the signing moves the needle either way on how close the Knicks are to a title, but it doesn't hurt them.

Ron Artest thugging it up for NY. $3.2m 2 years, 2nd year player option

Ironically I got 2 phone calls from different Knicks people asking if I want to buy tickets. They might be semi interesting to watch.

JK. JR Smith is missing 3-4 months on meniscus tear. Great time to have signed him for 4 years. Knicks are pro.

10+ Year Old Account
    JK. JR Smith is missing 3-4 months on meniscus tear. Great time to have signed him for 4 years. Knicks are pro.
    Unreal, how could that happen? Did they not know he had that injury? Did they know about it and sign him anyway?

If the Bulls had just signed that guy i'd be furious. This is why overspending New York City teams only scare me in baseball.

Just having money to spend is not enough, you have to spend your money on the right guys.
    Last edited by SL1200; 2013-07-16 at 11:36 AM.

Deleted
    The team said the injuries were chronic
    http://www.nba.com/2013/news/07/15/j....ap/index.html

So my guess is, they knew about it, but decided that if he played with it until now, should be no problem later.

15+ Year Old Account
    Lol. Just lol. 4 years was already too long for JR Headcase Smith, but doing so know he had "chronic torn meniscus" issues? Ya grats Knicks. You bid against yourselves for the services of JR Smith and it is going to come back to bite you.

- - - Updated - - -

Pistons and Bucks are possibly talking SNT for Jennings. On one hand, fuck yes. Jennings is pretty good and way better than Knight. On the other hand, Rondo!!!

- - - Updated - - -

Mike Miller amnestyed.
    Last edited by conscript; 2013-07-16 at 01:56 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    Mike Miller amnestyed.
    I am very very sad =\

A la Reddit:

"TIL Kobe Bryant was paid $14,277.45 for every point he scored this year ($30,453,805/2133 points)"

Source.

Reddit thread.

Wish I was a basketball player...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by icedwarrior View Post
    A la Reddit:

"TIL Kobe Bryant was paid $14,277.45 for every point he scored this year ($30,453,805/2133 points)"

Source.

Reddit thread.

Imagine what he'd get paid if there wasn't a bunch of bs salary cap rules in the nba. Many of the top tier nba players are actually underpaid. If Omer asik can make 15 million next year Lebron James should be making about 100million a year.

Quote Originally Posted by icedwarrior View Post
    A la Reddit:

Source.

Reddit thread.

Come in here bragging about Lakers and bashing Heat any chance you get, then question why you can be Sports moderator. Pfft.

Today was PP KG and JT induction ceremony for Nets.

I didn't watch the stream, shit looked boring.

Come in here bragging about Lakers
    Wait, wait, wait, when did I brag?

and bashing Heat any chance you get,
    I bash LeBron, not the Heat.

then question why you can be Sports moderator.
    Yeah...no offense, but I don't want to be Sports Moderator; I was questioning why I was able to select it for the mod application when I've got 194 total posts in the Sports & Fitness, yet 900+ on Video Games. Logically, you'd think I'd be able to mod the Fun Stuff and Video Games, hence the post.

And, off topic here, but you should resume posting in Fun Stuff. People asked where you went.

Yeah I'll resume posting soon. And I was just teasing you kukukuku.

So. Lebron James and Heat won like a million ESPN awards lol.

Do I think Lebron James was THAT dominant? During the regular season for that stretch yeah. I don't think he was THATTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT amazing during the Finals. Good compared to an average NBA player for sure, but it's not like he carried the fuck out of the team.

Heat as championship team were dominant compared to other sports I guess.

And I was just teasing you kukukuku.
    It's been a while.

So. Lebron James and Heat won like a million ESPN awards lol.
    Wait, people watch that?

Nah. My ESPN App on my phone updated me. I googled the winners and:

Complete List of Winners:

Best Male Athlete LeBron James
    Best Female Athlete Serena Williams
    Best Championship Performance LeBron James
    Best Breakthrough Athlete Colin Kaepernick
    Best Record-Breaking Performance Michael Phelps
    Best Upset Florida Gulf Coast over Georgetown
    Best Game Heat vs. Spurs Game 6
    Best Moment Jack Hoffman
    Best Play Jadeveon Clowney's big hit
    Best Team Miami Heat
    Best Coach/Manager Rick Pitino
    Best Comeback Adrian Peterson
    Best International Athlete Usain Bolt
    Best NFL Player Adrian Peterson
    Best MLB Player Miguel Cabrera
    Best NHL Player Sidney Crosby
    Best Driver Ryan Hunter-Reay
    Best NBA Player LeBron James
    Best WNBA Player Candace Parker

I actually cut that list off after WNBA player but yeah. Lebron won a few and so did the Heat.

how can the Heat win the best team, they were literally a rebound or missed ray allen 3 away from losing in 6. There had to be some other championship team that was more dominant wasnt there? Cant think of any off the top of my head.

Deleted
    Spurs were way more dominant but they lost it with the end of Green's abnormal shooting.