Heat bring back Michael Beasley.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/sport...ticle14264223/

I like this move. I didn't really love him as a player the first time but this is low risk, high reward especially since the contract is non-guaranteed and only costs us the veteran's minimum.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jreg View Post
    Heat bring back Michael Beasley.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/sport...ticle14264223/

I like this move. I didn't really love him as a player the first time but this is low risk, high reward especially since the contract is non-guaranteed and only costs us the veteran's minimum.
    Well fuck. I was really hoping Chicago could get him. So the Heat add yet another quality bench piece. They are going to be ridiculous this year even moreso if Oden pans out at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm somewhat disappointed about Beasley, but this is nothing new for Bulls fans. We've been rejected by all the top free agents that have come on market since Jordan retired. The only way they're going to get the player that puts them over the top is to draft him.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by El Plastico View Post
    I'm somewhat disappointed about Beasley, but this is nothing new for Bulls fans. We've been rejected by all the top free agents that have come on market since Jordan retired. The only way they're going to get the player that puts them over the top is to draft him.
    When the owner refuses to open the purse to build a team with multiple stars, that is what you have to do which is nearly impossible because Chicago is damn good and won't ever get a high pick. Looks like Indiana and maybe Brooklyn are the only hope to stop the 3peat and possibly bring forth the Decision 2.0.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    When the owner refuses to open the purse to build a team with multiple stars, that is what you have to do which is nearly impossible because Chicago is damn good and won't ever get a high pick. Looks like Indiana and maybe Brooklyn are the only hope to stop the 3peat and possibly bring forth the Decision 2.0.
    He had the purse open for Lebron, Bosh, and Wade - they all said no. Since then there hasn't been a superstar available other than Dwight Howard and he was adamant about not coming to Chicago. He's perfectly fine dipping into the luxary tax, but he's not going to do it for the likes of Kyle Korver, CJ Watson, etc etc.

As long as D Rose stays healthy, the Bulls will always be the biggest hurdle for the Heat out of the East. They are the only team who will most likely have home court advantage on them, and the player who I think guards Lebron better than anyone, Luol Deng. I admit, I have no idea what to expect with the team that has been thrown together in Brooklyn, but Indiana will finish minimum 6-7 games back of the Bulls, finish with the 4 seed, and lose to the Bulls or Heat in round 2.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think that's just a misconception. They've been willing to pay players. The best players just don't seem to want to play here. In Jordan's last 2 years the Bulls payed him 30 and 33 million dollars. Not a single team has paid a higher contract than the ones the Bulls payed yet.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/3...t-is-a-bargain

Quoted from the above article"

" MJ’s $33million was in 1997-1998, his last season with the Bulls. Do I need to say the year again? 1998! Remember that. Have you heard about a little word called “inflation?” That $33million is approximately $47million in 2012 dollars.

(note: for you number types, take a look at the CPI index and we’re talking annual inflation over the span of time from 1998 to 2012, when this new contract kicks in, averaging conservatively, 2.54%, using an average of CPI from 1998 to 2009 and staying the same to 2012 to give us the inflation factor over the 14 year period. You do the math and that is the $47million.)"

Unwilling to open the purse strings? I think not.
    Last edited by SL1200; 2013-09-12 at 09:24 PM.

Ya I'll disagree with Bulls are only team to be able to beat Heat bias. I'll stick with my "Nets are good, don't question the coach" bias.

ACTUALLY today in my public speaking class we had to give a parody speech of what not to do during a speech. I did all that but I actually talked about a serious topic. I said the Miami Heat weren't going to repeat as NBA Champions this year and I talked about how Bulls, Nets, and Pacers improved this off season. KUKUKU.

And then this guy from New Jersey actually said that one of the things I did wrong was bully a group of people or insulted them or some shit. it was like lol.........

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by El Plastico View Post
    I think that's just a misconception. They've been willing to pay players. The best players just don't seem to want to play here. In Jordan's last 2 years the Bulls payed him 30 and 33 million dollars. Not a single team has paid a higher contract than the ones the Bulls payed yet.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/3...t-is-a-bargain

Quoted from the above article"

" MJ’s $33million was in 1997-1998, his last season with the Bulls. Do I need to say the year again? 1998! Remember that. Have you heard about a little word called “inflation?” That $33million is approximately $47million in 2012 dollars.

(note: for you number types, take a look at the CPI index and we’re talking annual inflation over the span of time from 1998 to 2012, when this new contract kicks in, averaging conservatively, 2.54%, using an average of CPI from 1998 to 2009 and staying the same to 2012 to give us the inflation factor over the 14 year period. You do the math and that is the $47million.)"

Unwilling to open the purse strings? I think not.
    That was 16 years ago, for the best and most popular player ever, hardly relevant to the way the Bulls are currently run.

10+ Year Old Account
    They made a run at every top free agent since he retired. Who didn't they pay? Ben Gordan and Asik, Hardly worth breaking the bank for either of them guys. Look what happened to the pistons after they over payed Gorden, And Asik Idk I don't think he was worth that contract.

If Lebron can straighten out Michael Beasley the Heat are a favorite to three peat, IMO

10+ Year Old Account
    Beasley can't do anything but help them. If he's a distraction / problem all they have to do is cut him. To me the Heat are the favorites regardless of anything Beasley does.

15+ Year Old Account
    The NBA keeps emailing me to get early access to Pistons tickets. Why would I pay face value for a Pistons ticket? While attendance is bound to go up, if I want to see the Pistons I will just pay $1 on stubhub or ticketmaster, or $20 for my own personal row, and go see them in Auburn Hills or spend 15 cents and buy a ticket to see them in Indianapolis which is about the same distance away.

My 2013-14 East prediction.
    1.Miami(LBJ/Wade)
    2.Indiana(P.George)
    3.Brooklyn(D.Williams/Lopez)
    4.Chicago(Rose/Noah)
    5.New York(Anthony)
    6.Detroit
    7.Atlanta(Horford)
    8.Milwaukee
    9.Washington(Wall)
    10.Boston(Rondo)
    11.Cleveland(Irving)
    12.Toronto
    13.Orlando
    14.Charlotte
    15.Philadelphia
    Last edited by fixit; 2013-09-20 at 10:37 AM. Reason: -adding all star team

The NBA keeps emailing me to get early access to Pistons tickets. Why would I pay face value for a Pistons ticket? While attendance is bound to go up, if I want to see the Pistons I will just pay $1 on stubhub or ticketmaster, or $20 for my own personal row, and go see them in Auburn Hills or spend 15 cents and buy a ticket to see them in Indianapolis which is about the same distance away.
    Yeah, I had Wizards season tickets in 2011 and they've been E-mailing me ever since. To be fair, I could have broken even on the entire season by selling a few choice games. A seat that I paid ~$15.50 for as a season ticket was going to ~$150 during the Heat's debut in DC with Lebron. The main reason I haven't gotten season tickets again is because I just don't have any basketball fan friends to go with here. If I did, I'd work something out so that I didn't feel obligated to be at EVERY game. I don't really need to see Wizards-Suns on a Tuesday night. Or, if I do, I'd rather just watch it from my couch.

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    Yeah, I had Wizards season tickets in 2011 and they've been E-mailing me ever since. To be fair, I could have broken even on the entire season by selling a few choice games. A seat that I paid ~$15.50 for as a season ticket was going to ~$150 during the Heat's debut in DC with Lebron. The main reason I haven't gotten season tickets again is because I just don't have any basketball fan friends to go with here. If I did, I'd work something out so that I didn't feel obligated to be at EVERY game. I don't really need to see Wizards-Suns on a Tuesday night. Or, if I do, I'd rather just watch it from my couch.
    Ya, I didn't end up getting those Knicks season tickets. I was too afraid Ron Artest would climb up to the balcony where I'd sit if I did something wrong.

I heard Shaq is now part owner of Kings or some shit.

Why can't I be rich or have connections and own a part of a team.

And I mean part of the fucking team, not that fucking stockholder bullshit for the Knicks where I own the company that owns them. I just want to own the team.

Conscript I thought we agreed you were gonna raise me like $a million.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    I heard Shaq is now part owner of Kings or some shit.

Why can't I be rich or have connections and own a part of a team.

And I mean part of the fucking team, not that fucking stockholder bullshit for the Knicks where I own the company that owns them. I just want to own the team.

Conscript I thought we agreed you were gonna raise me like $a million.
    He is. He just has to sell a couple of body parts and some kids off first. The cheque will be in the mail shortly.

According to several news reports the Raptors get the 2016 All-Star Game. I wonder how much tickets would cost.

$40 dollars courtside. Who the fuck is going to go to...Actually I live pretty close to Toronto being in New York, right? No no fuck it. I'll just settle for overpriced 2015 NY tickets.

Shaq gets part of Kings, Kidd gets part of Nets. Iced owns part of the Lakers. My life sucks.

Alright let's just hate on Heat real quick for fun. Otherwise I'll be bored talking to myself like usual.

Apparently, Miami Heat may try to put the players nicknames on the jerseys instead of their regular last names. So you'd see "King James" "Birdman" "Flash?" uhhhhhh. Whatever the fuck the rest of the Heat's nicknames are.

I personally think it'd be slightly entertaining if James and James alone got to write "King James" on his jersey. Guy is undeniably best in basketball right now and he has such a cool nickname. Everyone else can go fuck themselves though, they're not important enough for shit like that.

Oh but, aren't the point of the players names on there to identify them to people who don't know their number or don't recognize them by height/face? I think the nicknames would be useful slightly since most commentators on TV only call the players by their nicknames.

So excited for this year already relishing the bulls disrespect in the national media.

Power Rankings: Bulls 8th
    Freaking hysterical

Top 100 NBA Players for this season: Rose 12th
    Probably even more hilarious. I would put so much money that barring injury when the MVP votes come in Rose will be top 5 this season

Herald of the Titans Skarsguard's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Could you see Big Fundamental on Tim Duncans Jersey that would be terrible. What about AK-47 that would be cool I guess just put A K and have his number other then that I can't think of a nickname on a jersey I would like to see.