The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lakers01 View Post
    Seems like thats going to be the pick. They better prey Noah gets healthy otherwise they have no shot imo.
    I'm a die hard and even I think even with Noah, Rose, basically everybody 100% all year the Bulls are still the underdog to the Heat. But I guess there's a lot going on behind the scenes down there in South Beach that we aren't aware of that could factor in the Heat not being as strong this year as they have been in the past. Lebron/DWade rumors.

Quote Originally Posted by Stommped View Post
    I'm a die hard and even I think even with Noah, Rose, basically everybody 100% all year the Bulls are still the underdog to the Heat. But I guess there's a lot going on behind the scenes down there in South Beach that we aren't aware of that could factor in the Heat not being as strong this year as they have been in the past. Lebron/DWade rumors.
    IMO, if everyone is healthy, it's pretty even but that's the thing right. No idea if Wade will stay healthy, if Oden can contribute, if Beasley keeps his head on straight and hopefully Bulls don't have that retarded chain of events last year with a very ill Deng, foot(?) injury to Noah, and obviously no Rose.

Also, ignore the Wade/LBJ rumours. Shit started from that fat windbag Windhorst.

Holy shit what did I write under the video about real life stuff. I'm just as mystified as you guys are. Wtf was that guy talking about.

Idk but I'm ready for regular season guys.

- - - Updated - - -

Link to video below: (It's of Greg Popovich interview)

You guys are jealous you don't have absolute best and most badass coach in NBA. I kind of am jealous too wtf son. I wish NY had some Novelty like some pro tandem or a smart lipped genius coach. Fucking worthless Knicks and Nets with their fucking $hundreds of millions of dollars but no personality.

- - - Updated - - -

Btw I'm posting these videos out of fun because I assume you guys aren't watching/following NBA yet. You can tell me "stfu blue I saw this video already."

I'm bored so I guess I'll just talk to myself a little bit. I can't wait for Tuesdays matchup I guess. Apparently Lebron said something like "I look forward to DRose's return." Or something. Idk.

I don't have any fantasy leagues wtfffffffff. Basketball is the sport I know.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    I'm bored so I guess I'll just talk to myself a little bit.
    So. Stupid NBA.com article.

1) The Heat’s Three-Peat Dream Will Not Be Realized
    No one will dispute the fact that LeBron James, Dwyane Wade, Chris Bosh and the Miami Heat have been stellar champions in each of the past two seasons. What they’ve done, what they have overcome to hoist the last two Larry O’Brien trophies has been nothing short of remarkable, given that they’ve played with a giant bulls eye on their chests in each of the past three seasons. But fatigue and the competition catches up to the champs this season. They have worthy adversaries within the conference (Pacers, Bulls, Knicks, Nets) and a stacked crew from the Western Conference (Spurs, Clippers, Thunder, Warriors, Rockets and others) ready to tear each other apart to get a shot at the Heat. The Heat make it back to The Finals for a fourth straight time this season but are bruised and battered from a brutal Eastern Conference playoff road when they get there. Another seven-game conference final, this time against the Bulls, pushes them to the limit. They fail to seal the deal in The Finals, falling to an inspired Golden State Warriors team that shot the Houston Rockets out of the Western Conference finals in six games.
    So not only do they think that the Knicks are a legitimate threat to the Heat, but they believe that the Warriors will win the championship...? Warriors are good, but...really?

I believe I also ranked the Warriors highly on my Champions possibility list. I kind of regret that but maybe they'll surprise us. It's just cause Steph Curry can lights out shoot people omg you guys aren't dreamers.

Houston isn't making West Finals either. That guy doesn't know what the fuck

Wait bitch why'd you bold the Knicks. The Knicks are worthy adversaries LOL. They're not gonna win but they're one of the teams in the East who aren't lottery possible...

Knicks don't have to beat the Heat. Knicks just have to get one of their thugs to injure Wade's knees so some other team can pick them off in a later series. That's what Houston did with Russell Westbrook to get revenge for Harden.

Alright since regular season is on soon, REGULAR SEASON WIN/LOSS PREDICTION TIME. This is just win-loss record and not necessarily power rankings for how well teams will do in playoffs.

East:
    1. Chicago Bulls
    2. Miami Heat
    3. Indiana Pacers
    4. Brooklyn Nets
    5. New York Knicks
    6. Detroit Pistons
    7. Cleveland Cavaliers
    8. Washington Wizards

Before I forget, I'm not sure I'll be in New York when NBA Draft 2014 hits so........................maybe I won't be able to go to the games with you guys. :/

West:
    1. Los Angeles Clippers
    2. Oklahoma City Thunder
    3. Golden State Warriors
    4. San Antonio Spurs
    5. Houston Rockets
    6. Memphis Grizzlies
    7. Denver Nuggets
    8. Minnesota Timberwolves

West is a little fuzzy there lol. I want to slot OKC down more and move SA up but...

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Didn't we already make predictions? I forget now.

We did but:

1. It was power rankings for how likely it would be that teams would win Championship

and

2. It was before we all saw preseason action to see how people faired and how teams would mesh.

Not that any of us actually watched preseason games lol/////

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, even though the Bulls have looked great in pre season, I still stand with my pick. Bulls will be regular season champs again, getting the #1 seed, but they will lose to the Heat in ECF. Best case scenario for the Bulls would be for the Heat to somehow slip to the #3 seed and Brooklyn to get the #6 seed, with Indiana the #2 seed. That way they hopefully play long grueling series vs the Nets then Pacers before getting the Bulls. Maybe by then Dwayne Wade will be in a wheelchair and we'll have a better shot.

- - - Updated - - -

So Simmons finished his ranking of the 30 NBA teams, basically who he thinks has the best shot at winning it all this year:

30. Philadelphia
    29. Phoenix
    28. Orlando
    27. Utah
    26. Charlotte
    25. Sacramento
    24. Boston
    23. Toronto
    22. Atlanta
    21. Cleveland
    20. Washington
    19. New Orleans
    18. LA Lakers
    17. Minnesota
    16. Portland
    15. Milwaukee
    14. Dallas
    13. Denver
    12. Detroit
    11. Memphis
    10. New York
    9. Golden State
    8. Houston
    7. Brooklyn
    6. Oklahoma City
    5. LA Clippers
    4. Indiana
    3. San Antonio
    2. Miami
    1. Chicago

I like Houston, Brooklyn, and OKC more than Indiana.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stommped View Post
    I'm a die hard and even I think even with Noah, Rose, basically everybody 100% all year the Bulls are still the underdog to the Heat. .
    This is spot on. They will probably win more games than any other team in the Nba. Then win a round or two in the playoffs then lose to the Heat in a hard fought series. I feel like the Bulls are going to be like the 90's Knicks. Right there fighting for it, but they just won't be able to overcome Lebron's greatness.

El Plastico I'm gonna have to ask you to change your name back. Your new name is like. Longer than my cable bill.

Guys. Guys. Guys.

New Uncle Drew video :OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

It was pretty cool I guess but I'll be honest. It wasn't as awesome as when they introduced Kevin Love and he was dunking on people. I honestly couldn't guess who the guy was until the end when they revealed him. :/

They said they're gonna look for a big man. I wonder who. I bet it's Dwight lol.

Guys. Guys. Guys.

New Uncle Drew video :OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
    What the hell did I just watch? I want that four minutes back. What was the point of that commercial advertising Pepsi One so blatantly...?

Wait bitch why'd you bold the Knicks. The Knicks are worthy adversaries LOL. They're not gonna win but they're one of the teams in the East who aren't lottery possible...

Iced you never saw the uncle drew commercials? Go watch the first two. First one was pretty cool and started it all. Second one was awesome.

Basically Kyrie Irving plays an old man who owns the fuck out of random people playing basketball at the park and he's recruiting his old team.

I'm a little disappointed Nate Robinson got a spot, I wanted someone good. And a WNBA player wtf lol. If it was up to me I'd have Kyrie (PG), Kevin Love (PF), Roy Hibbert (C) (he's tall as fuck it'll be great), maybe Paul George (SF) and I'd take Harden somehow (SG). Best young lineup in the NBA.

Not counting those OKC guys everyone is raving about.

No really Iced go youtube "uncle drew" and at least watch the second one.

I think the Bulls could beat the Heat in a series if the Bulls have all their pieces since they match up well against them. Deng/Butler is one of the best SG/SF defensive combos in the league to match the heats strength, while Noah remains one of the best interiors at guarding the paint. Heat have a weak rebounding team and Bulls have a great one. Chalmers isnt even a remote match for Rose, while Deng can at least limit Lebron. A lot of it obviously will depend upon the health and the maturation/regression of players like Bulter and Wade.

Heres a side video you all may enjoy

Idk I see Wade's decline and some Heat changes that may or may not work out and I actually think a full powered Bulls would destroy Heat lol. It's at least a good matchup. Can't wait to see today's game.

But uhm. I could see Bulls possibly losing to Indiana. Bulls would crush Knicks. Idk enough about Nets to make a real decision but I'm leaning toward Nets starpower if Nets are like completely healthy.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Pacers aren't in the same league as the Bulls, Heat, or even Nets.

The Pacers are a young team with developing stars in Paul George and Roy Hibbert who took Miami to 7 games in the East Conference Finals. They're getting Danny Granger back and they made a few roster moves that improved their team. Pacers are really good...in a playoff series. I don't think they'll be consistent every night of regular season though.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Pacers are a young team with developing stars in Paul George and Roy Hibbert who took Miami to 7 games in the East Conference Finals. They're getting Danny Granger back and they made a few roster moves that improved their team. Pacers are really good...in a playoff series. I don't think they'll be consistent every night of regular season though.
    Danny Granger is still going to miss the first few weeks of the season, who knows if that guy can hold together come playoff time. I also think their bench is suspect at best. But Bill Simmons thinks they might trade Granger before the deadline for something major since his contract is expiring, so that could change a lot.

Nets remind me of last year's Lakers. Good team on paper but just won't be able to put it all together. I just can't see them meshing all those pieces with a rookie head coach who has never coached in his life. Super star teams are hard to coach by the best of them.

As a Heat fan I think they have a decent chance at a three-peat IF Wade can stay healthy. Indiana is strong and should only be stronger this year and the Bulls got Rose back so they are an obvious contender and in my opinion are stonger than the Pacers and have the best shot to knock off the Heat.

I like the Thunder in the West although their regular season record won't be great as Westbrook will be out awhile but they should be strong once the playoffs start.

Quote Originally Posted by Hatelocker View Post
    Nets remind me of last year's Lakers. Good team on paper but just won't be able to put it all together. I just can't see them meshing all those pieces with a rookie head coach who has never coached in his life. Super star teams are hard to coach by the best of them.

As a Heat fan I think they have a decent chance at a three-peat IF Wade can stay healthy. Indiana is strong and should only be stronger this year and the Bulls got Rose back so they are an obvious contender and in my opinion are stonger than the Pacers and have the best shot to knock off the Heat.

I like the Thunder in the West although their regular season record won't be great as Westbrook will be out awhile but they should be strong once the playoffs start.
    No no no no. Nets are deep. Lakers had starting 5 and then nothing. Although to be honestly technically with Pao and Dwight defending in interior and fucking Steve Nash and Kobe outside and even Ron Artest and Steve Blake putting fans in their place occasionally they WERE supposed to dominate///

Nets are different. Although AK47 is out for back spasms for a bit and Deron Williams ankle has him playing limited time and everyone else is old or injury prone......There's just TOO much money in Nets roster for them to be not a contender. Money CAN buy you a championship and happiness and love. Don't listen to what other people say. (Wait what.)

Heat are gonna be interesting to see how Beasely and Oden pan out. Lebron seriously can't get much better so I guess if Bosh steps up and Wade doesn't seriously decline they'll contend but eh everyone else is so good I don't see how they can win this year. (Come on, the fucking KNICKS took #2 seed last year. East was a joke.)

I don't get why people thought Thunder are gonna do well this year or even were gonna do well last year. "omg look @ young stars under 24 omggg Kevin Durant wants revenge hes supah star." Those people don't know what the fuck they're talking about. OKC was lucky to even get to Finals 2012 past Spurs. And then they lost best SG and had a shitty bench Serge Ibaka wasn't playing like a guy who deserved a max contract over Harden and people expected them to do just as well as previous year. And now they lost Westbrook for a bit so they'll get a lower seed AND they lost Kevin Martin in place of some random young guys. I'd honestly be shocked if OKC wins 2 games in 2nd round of playoffs.

NBA game is on TNT tonight. Starts 8 o clock (fuck you people who don't live on East coast, get with the times), but looks like TNT crew is giving the pre game talk/analysis at 7 so I plan to watch that too kukuku. I'm excited. (I had a midterm and an 8 minute speech about the fucking economy yesterday and I slept like 11 hours between a nap yesterday/last night so I'm refreshed for today, but I have an Electrical Systems midterm tomorrow so///)