10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jibjabb View Post
    I dont get why the Heat game is on TNT but the Spurs/Mavs is on NBATV when its a better matchup. At least Mavs have a slim chance of doing something unlike the no chance in hell the Bobcats have
    The Heat are probably a bigger draw at the moment, even in a lopsided series. I could be wrong I guess. Spurs/Mavs is a much better series, especially among more then casual fans. I think more casual people would watch the Heat one because of the big names that are known outside of basketball.
    You're a towel.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lakers01 View Post
    Yep. Its embarrassing to win a series 4-1. Good lord.......
    I said it was embarrassing to lose a game at home to that team. And I like how you completely ignore my question. What exactly is funny about the Heat playing the Bulls that isn't funny about the Heat playing the Bobcats?

I can't imagine what your world was like when the Heat lost to the Mavs. How did you function? Your pre-conceived notion that the Heat were invincible was shattered.
    Last edited by Stommped; 2014-04-24 at 12:18 AM.

Mavs with a good start. Weird to see Devin Harris on the Mavs again.

I dont get why the Heat game is on TNT but the Spurs/Mavs is on NBATV when its a better matchup. At least Mavs have a slim chance of doing something unlike the no chance in hell the Bobcats have
    Ya...I think they have to start an East game for the earlier game. Kind of stupid though, you think they'd save a more important East game for TNT.

Quote Originally Posted by Stommped View Post
    It's funny that the Heat are better than the Bulls? Not sure I understand what's funny there. It's more embarrassing than anything that they lost a game at home to them last season against Nate and company.
    'Fo 'fo 'fo, son.

Wait, Nets lost to those same Bulls. /kill myself

---

Goran Dragic most improved player of year. Kind of sucks that his team got 9th seed.

Let's see:
    Today most improved player.
    Yesterday coach of year.
    Day before yesterday was...uhhhh...I'm drawing a blank. It was some fucking award. OH it was Defensive Player.

Tomorrow OKC is playing on TNT. I wonder what awards are left...

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    You seem to think I'm some crazy Heat fan who thinks they are the best team ever. I don't. I just called you on your bullshit. To each his own with teams and players. I said I don't like the spurs for example, but I don't make shit up to try and diminish their titles.

As to why the bulls/heat would be funny it's because I would get to listen to bulls fans talk a whole bunch of shit, then watch Miami win again and then see a mixture of excuses and people bringing up Jordan to knock Lebron. Plus Noah always does something in those series that would be worth watching.
    My bullshit? I haven't seen any sane bulls fan talk shit about the Heat since the ECF, so I have no clue what you're talking about. Even after we won game 1 last year it's not like we were saying were gunna win the series now. It's not like I'm the only person who thinks the Spurs were better last year. Go check the old thread if you don't believe me

I took a nap (I did not want to wake up this morning) so I'm pretty sure I'm good for today's games.

Might be some problems tomorrow morning but we'll deal with it when we cross that bridge.

Btw it's lookin like Dallas is taking this game.

- - - Updated - - -

Not sure whether to move on to Houston/Portland or watch the end of the Spurs beating.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Some other forums are a little different. Anyway we can agree to disagree. I also don't really hate the bulls, I just cant stand Rose, much like you cant stand Lebron.

- - - Updated - - -

Heat win, not really impressive but they go up 2-0 now. Dallas winning which is surprising.
    I actually hate Wade far more than Lebron. I generally think Lebron is a good guy. I don't think that about Wade

Dwight is playing well.

Considering Dallas could have certainly been up 2-0 right now with both games on the road, they have looked a lot better than I thought... or the Spurs are a lot worse than I thought. Either way should be interesting what happens when Spurs hit the road

Speaking of hitting the road. You know how Toronto owner said "Fuck the Nets?" Well...KG said something about "you can't just say fuck brooklyn. He better be careful if he comes to our home game." Lol violence.

Not gonna lie, I drove by Barclays the other day. It's a pretty shady fucking area.

-----

Lamarcus Aldridge is fucking beasting this shit. His numbers are insane. I think Portland is about to go up 2-0 tonight.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    Miami wins (yawn)
    Dallas wins
    Houston wins

/predictions.

Pretty close to right...

Tonight: Indiana wins, OKC wins, Golden state wins.

Houston looking embarassing right now.

Also Spurs were never going to sweep Dallas or win in five. Dallas is a bad matchup for them, regardless of the regular season record. Spurs should have dropped to the two, and probably swept memphis :P
    You're a towel.

Dallas could still lose in 5. I expected them to have a few close games with them only getting 1. Im more surprised in both games they had double digit leads in the fourth quarter. If they beat the Spurs that will be a HUGE upset imo, even bigger than Mem/SA or GS/Dal.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dallas could still lose in 5.
    I do not see that happening personally. I see Dallas winning at least one at home.

it snot a good matchup for the spurs. they would have been much better off against Memphis (Which is hilarious, because OKC would have had a much easier time with Dallas)

You know what though? I like the fact that the west has teams that are all legit contenders. To bad the east has...one. Basically.
    You're a towel.

Deleted
    On Magic as one team player... I'm reading "Showtime: Magic, Kareem, Riley, and the Los Angeles Lakers Dynasty of the 1980s". So I know for a fact that first (and only ofc.) extension after rookie contract he got was 25 million for 25 years. It was unheard of contract at a time. Plus he was close friend with Jerry Buss.

He actually asked for trade year later. It was kinda ultimatum to get coach Paul Westhead out of LA. They won their first title under Westhead year ago, but he changed philosophy of offense from "run" to "stand in positions and feed Kareem". And that made almost everyone pissed. Ultimatum resulted in firing Westhead. Buss decided to make Pat Riley and Jerry West as co-couches. West hated couching and moved away from it as soon as he could. That's how then largely unknown Pat Riley became THE Pat Riley we know now.

I dont get these reports that the Rockets and Clippers are going to be interested in Melo. How the hell can they afford him? Both of them have less cap space than the Bulls do and they also cant amnesty a contract as big as Boozer's (unless they cut one of their stars which they wont). Melo may take a pay cut to play somewhere else but this guy isnt gonna play for a bag of Doritos. He still wants good money

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    I dont get these reports that the Rockets and Clippers are going to be interested in Melo. How the hell can they afford him? Both of them have less cap space than the Bulls do and they also cant amnesty a contract as big as Boozer's (unless they cut one of their stars which they wont). Melo may take a pay cut to play somewhere else but this guy isnt gonna play for a bag of Doritos. He still wants good money
    Houston would have to find a way to lose either Omer's or Lin's contract, they could do a sign and trade with the Knicks, or they could find someone who believes Omer is a starting C on a title team. Clippers have Jordan's contract to play around with as he is expiring after next season.

I know it's been pretty self-evident James Harden (Ames Haren?) has played badly but:
    https://twitter.com/tjfsports/status/459423332446642176

LMA scored more in game 1 than Harden has in both homesteads.

Took like a four hour nap. My sleeping schedule is fucked up.

Memphis home crowd is looking better than I thought. It's only first quarter but Memphis is holding their own.

- - - Updated - - -

Btw Melo doesn't need a whole bag of Doritos to sign with a team. He just needs to be paid in gum.

- - - Updated - - -

Btw. I got a good like 30 mins to talk to my homeboy today. And we were talking about NBA and that whole Kevin Garnett/Toronto front office thing got brought up and he was like "yeah I used to walk near Barclays area every day after school. Shady doesn't even describe it. You don't wanna fuck with those people. That n-gga better stay in the bus and get like door to door fucking service." LOL

Please Hawks. Take down the Pacers. You have my support.

Actually I got accepted to a certain school in Atlanta so lol I could be in fucking Georgia soon.

Hawks up 12 with like 1:45 or something left. Omg they're gonna do it.