The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arishtat View Post
    Cavs don't need love, they need a damn center. Lol. I know LeBron likes Andy and all but...Andy can never stay healthy and they NEED a big man. Not another PF who can't play defense.
    This post has a point.
    You cared enough to post.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by icausewipes View Post
    This post has a point.
    ^^. If Memphis didn't think they had another chance...I could see them going after Gasol but I don't think that's feasible. I'm not even sure who they can go after either tho.

Maybe do something with the clippers for DeAndre Jordan, tho not sure they'd be willing to part with him either. Heh.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    "Even go bosh at 4" LOL who else would be there? The top four in that series were head and shoulders ahead of anyone else, comparing bosh to anyone other then Dirk on the mav's is whitewashing the past to the fullest extent!

The heat should have easily won the series, Lebron did not play to his potential and it cost them the series. That is it in a nutshell.
    I'm not disagreeing with your last point, but I do think it's a stretch to say the Heat should have won easily. Carlisle is one of the top 4 coaches in the league, and they had an excellent plan in place to take Lebron out of the game. Wade stepped into that void, but they didn't have the supporting cast to overcome Lebron's poor series.

Hell, the same coach with a much weaker roster took a Spurs team to 7 that thrashed this year's Heat.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Arishtat View Post
    ^^. If Memphis didn't think they had another chance...I could see them going after Gasol but I don't think that's feasible. I'm not even sure who they can go after either tho.

Maybe do something with the clippers for DeAndre Jordan, tho not sure they'd be willing to part with him either. Heh.
    I think they should hold on to some cap space for next year and make a run at Gasol as a free agent.
    indignantgoat.com/
    XBL: Indignant Goat | BattleTag: IndiGoat#1288 | SteamID: Indignant Goat[/B]

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bergmann620 View Post

I think they should hold on to some cap space for next year and make a run at Gasol as a free agent.
    That might be their best option. They still need some help at the C this year tho. Maybe Drummond in a S&T could be an option. I don't think he wants to hang around the Pistons as long as they have Josh Smith on the team anyways.

I'm not disagreeing with your last point, but I do think it's a stretch to say the Heat should have won easily. Carlisle is one of the top 4 coaches in the league, and they had an excellent plan in place to take Lebron out of the game. Wade stepped into that void, but they didn't have the supporting cast to overcome Lebron's poor series.

Hell, the same coach with a much weaker roster took a Spurs team to 7 that thrashed this year's Heat.
    I like Carlisle but I think your giving him way too much credit. Dirk was unstoppable, especially late in games (he averaged like 10+ points in the 4th quarter alone) and the Heat had a really poor late game offense, like how they choked away what should have been a sure win in game 2. Lebron as mentioned was also pretty pedestrian, and I dont buy thats a result of great coaching or even individual defense. From watching the series he was way too passive, seemed like the moment got too much for him. For the series he was outscored by Dirk, Wade, Bosh, and even Jason Terry. Thats unacceptable from someone wildly known as the best player on the planet, even then

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Packers01 View Post
    I don't think any team is a "super team". It's a dumb catchphrase for the third time. You do need talent to win titles though. For example here is the Mavs 2011 lineup.

Dirk, Terry, Kidd, Chandler, Marion, Barea, Peja, Haywood and Stevenson. So 5 former all stars including an MVP, a 6th man of the year and a future DPOY.
    5 former all stars? Dirk, Kidd, Marion, Peja and.... ????

Also even including Peja as a reason for winning is pretty hysterical. The guy scored a grand total of 2 points in the entire NBA finals on 5 attempts.

Most of what the Mavs did from their role players was simply playing off Nowitzki. You involve Dirk in high screen and roles and basically the other team has to either double the ball and leave the big man (which wont happen). Switch the screen to stay in front of the ball putting a big on a small and a small on a big, or stick to Dirk to make sure he doesnt get an open look. Which is what typically happened giving guys like JJ, Stevenson, etc open looks. Theres a reason none of them really did anything after they left, because they were a product of being left open by the attention Nowitzki drew.
    Last edited by Jibjabb; 2014-07-21 at 10:48 PM.

Not gonna lie. Starting to hope this trade goes through to put Love on Cavs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post

Me to. Sick of that guy. Maybe I was spoiled by KG and his crazyness, but Love just seems like a passive dude with no "heart" to me <.< Maybe because he was playing on a shit team his entire career so far.
    You're a towel.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jibjabb View Post
    For the series he was outscored by Dirk, Wade, Bosh, and even Jason Terry. Thats unacceptable from someone wildly known as the best player on the planet, even then
    It's been a while since I watched the series, but to me it seemed like a combination of LBJ wilting, and the Mavs causing him to wilt by playing him with an outstanding individual defender and rolling the defense toward him consistently. You can take some chances on Lebron as a good defender with Chandler essentially zoned up under the rim. They were playing 4-on-5 offensively, and they gave the points to Wade, Bosh, etc, knowing that the offense couldn't survive long chunks of Lebron not getting his.

- - - Updated - - -

I hope it goes through in February for Waiters, Bennett, and 2 picks =)

- - - Updated - - -

Me to. Sick of that guy. Maybe I was spoiled by KG and his crazyness, but Love just seems like a passive dude with no "heart" to me <.< Maybe because he was playing on a shit team his entire career so far.
    He's more of a shooter, which is more passive. He's not a plus defender, which makes him seem more passive. He's played his career on fairly shit teams with inept management, which makes him not give a shit, which looks passive. He's certainly not the kind of guy that's going to grind it out on a bad team.
    indignantgoat.com/

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not talking about his playstyle at all to be honest, just his general attitude. I just think he comes off as kind of a laid back dude, which isn ta problem usually, but when you are used to KG...

Waiters/bennett/2 picks is trash need Wiggins included. Bennet is a fat bust. "Trying to showcase him in the summer league" is silly; hes playing against mostly garbo players that will be deep bench players.
    You're a towel.

10+ Year Old Account
    Waiters/bennett/2 picks is trash need Wiggins included. Bennet is a fat bust. "Trying to showcase him in the summer league" is silly; hes playing against mostly garbo players that will be deep bench players.
    I agree it would be trash- that's why it would need to happen in February- when panic sets in
    indignantgoat.com/

I agree Bergman. I'm kind of hoping Minnesota gets fucked over for taking their sweet time on this. Like Orlando with Dwight.

I'm not talking about his playstyle at all to be honest, just his general attitude. I just think he comes off as kind of a laid back dude, which isn ta problem usually, but when you are used to KG...

Used to KG? He played there how many years ago? 8?

10+ Year Old Account
    Used to KG? He played there how many years ago? 8?
    IT FEELS LIKE IT WAS YESTERDAY! /cry

- - - Updated - - -

I agree it would be trash- that's why it would need to happen in February- when panic sets in
    Panic would more likely set in in teams looking to get to the next level. MN has a proud history of stupid decisions, like thinking Love would possibly stay.
    You're a towel.

Some of these fucking writers have some fucking nerve. The title on this bleacherreport article is "LeBron James Says Farewell to Miami for the Place He Never Left." It gets also seen as "Lebron Was Always On Loan To Miami" (before you click the article).

Those pieces of shit. What would have happened if Lebron didn't go back to Cleveland? Would their titles have been "Lebron is truly committed to his friends in new home of South Beach" or stupid shit like that? Despicable.
    The best thing, is when it was found out that he had only signed a 2 year contract, with a 1 year out, everyone was saying "It's so he can sign an even bigger contract when the new CBA comes in! More TV money!!" when really, if he really cared about going home and "redeeming" himself etc, money would not be an issue. Clearly, it is not.

Miami is a pretty violent place, and he wants his kids to go to the same school etc as he did and being away from them for a good chunk of their school year just does not work for him. He's a big softy when it comes to family, he just had the misfortune of being born in such an awful state.

- - - Updated - - -

I agree Bergman. I'm kind of hoping Minnesota gets fucked over for taking their sweet time on this. Like Orlando with Dwight.
    Another half season injury for Love, you mean? I like Waiters, I'd rather trade Wiggins than him. That's only if the Cavs don't get Miller and Jesus. I like Love purely for his stat padding rebounding ability. Bosh could never do that for us, and that's what was needed the most. Not this stretch 4 shit.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

10+ Year Old Account
    Panic would more likely set in in teams looking to get to the next level. MN has a proud history of stupid decisions, like thinking Love would possibly stay.
    Those other teams that might be in the mix aren't even looking at him right now. Unlikely that they have enough to give something up without gutting their rosters.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post
    Another half season injury for Love, you mean? I like Waiters, I'd rather trade Wiggins than him. That's only if the Cavs don't get Miller and Jesus. I like Love purely for his stat padding rebounding ability. Bosh could never do that for us, and that's what was needed the most. Not this stretch 4 shit.
    I thought when they drafted him that Waiters was a poor mans' D-Wade. Better three-point shot, worse everything else.

Wiggins' floor is likely to be Waiters' ceiling.
    indignantgoat.com/

Im surprised Minnesota is hesitant if Wiggins and a combo of some other solid players/picks to match salaries were ever on the table. Your getting a young projected superstar player for a player you are 95% likely not be going to keep around after this season. Could Wiggins be a bust? Sure its always possible, but his talent is so high its hard to miss with a player like that barring horrible injury. Usually the bigs are the ones who get missevaluated (Oden, Olowokandi, Darko, Bargnani, etc), the top talent guards have more or less panned out.

I dont want the trade to happen for personal reasons, but Im still surprised it hasnt

10+ Year Old Account
    Im surprised Minnesota is hesitant if Wiggins and a combo of some other solid players/picks to match salaries were ever on the table. Your getting a young projected superstar player for a player you are 95% likely not be going to keep around after this season. Could Wiggins be a bust? Sure its always possible, but his talent is so high its hard to miss with a player like that barring horrible injury. Usually the bigs are the ones who get missevaluated (Oden, Olowokandi, Darko, Bargnani, etc), the top talent guards have more or less panned out.

I dont want the trade to happen for personal reasons, but Im still surprised it hasnt
    Three factors here:

1) The owner still likes Love.

2) The GM and the Coach are the same person, even though there is a conflict of interest. The GM should have pull the trigger two weeks ago, blown it up to add youth, talent and flexibility. The Coach wants to win now, and knows they had just about the best non-playoff team ever last year.

3) All three sides in this Love Triangle[tm] realize they still have time. Wolves want grown-up talent (Klay/David Lee) or the farm (Wiggins, Bennett, 2-3 picks), while Cleveland and GS both want to still have a team let after the trade.

There was a story on The Onion yesterday about how the Cavs wanted to finish the trade, so they went with Lebron/Wiggins/picks for Love
    indignantgoat.com/

Reports are now the Bulls are making a hard push for Love again but only offering up Gibson, Butler, and picks. If that somehow went down the Bulls might have one of the best combo of bigs in NBA history (Love, Noah, Gasol). I highly doubt the Wolves would take that trade unless they are brain dead or Cleveland/GS are being so stubborn they say ok screw you guys, giving him to the Bulls.

10+ Year Old Account
    Reports are now the Bulls are making a hard push for Love again but only offering up Gibson, Butler, and picks. If that somehow went down the Bulls might have one of the best combo of bigs in NBA history (Love, Noah, Gasol). I highly doubt the Wolves would take that trade unless they are brain dead or Cleveland/GS are being so stubborn they say ok screw you guys, giving him to the Bulls.
    They'd have great bigs, but they'd get ran past by every team in the league.
    indignantgoat.com/

They'd have great bigs, but they'd get ran past by every team in the league.
    You wouldnt throw all 3 out there at once unless you could get away with it, like against teams who's SF is a complete nonfactor on offense. Especially with Thibs as the coach, he'd rather score 60 points a game if it meant the defense would be good. Gasol would be the 6th man