15+ Year Old Account
    So its been like three weeks now without any Dwight Howard updates. Kind of nice.

The Kings are looking for a new arena name partner after their last one, Power Balance, filed bankruptcy after it was revealed their product was 100% fake and they were getting sued like crazy. Reportedly Sleep Train is in talks for the arena to be name the Sleep Train Mattress Center. Hilarious. The Maloofs are the worst.

Quote Originally Posted by VaporX View Post
    All I can see in NBA news is this DH12 drama.
    http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nba--la...d-to-l-a-.html

Just had to say something didnt you

Ive never seen someone more overrated than dwight and i live in orlando. 2foot range and cant hit free throws. He cost us in the finals against the lakers, biggest choke job since nick andersons two missed free throws vs chicago.

Hmm in that deal Lakers would lose both Bynum and Gasol... interesting. Harrington can play but hes really sketchy at this point of his career. Assuming Orlando is still getting a bunch of picks that deal isnt that terrible for a player you are going to lose anyways
    Quote Originally Posted by chadwix View Post
    Ive never seen someone more overrated than dwight and i live in orlando. 2foot range and cant hit free throws. He cost us in the finals against the lakers, biggest choke job since nick andersons two missed free throws vs chicago.
    I firmly remember that one guy missing an easy layup that wouldve won one of the games. To me that was more of a choke than anything. And starting Jameer after he was out whole time was a poor decision to me
    Last edited by Jibjabb; 2012-08-09 at 07:28 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nba--la...d-to-l-a-.html

Just had to say something didnt you

Ya but he is the premiere defensive and rebounding big man in the league which helps cancel out his complete offensive deficiency from outside 5 feet lol.

I am not happy at all I jinxed this news by posting its been three weeks since we heard anything. Fucking Dwightmare.

---------- Post added 2012-08-09 at 09:00 PM ----------

Howard trade is now imminent according to sources. The deal may or may not send Gasol and Bynum to Philly or Orlando (who gets who was still up in the air at last report but Orlando wanted Gasol to flip for more assets).

For those keeping score at home, this is the fourth reported imminent Howard trade of the offseason according to various media sources. A trade was imminent to Brooklyn, Houston, and now LA twice. So grains of salt the size of boulders should be taken with this right now.

---------- Post added 2012-08-09 at 09:55 PM ----------

Oh boy folks, according to league sources, the teams have scheduled a trade call for tomorrow morning to process the 4 team trade. The Dwightmare is almost over.

---------- Post added 2012-08-09 at 10:22 PM ----------

According to Spears the deal is loosely:
    Orlando gets: Afflalo, Harringto, Vucevic, and three 1st (one from each team)
    Philly gets: Jason Richardson and Andrew Bynum
    Denver gets: Iggy
    LA gets: Howard

Expect more pieces to fall into that deal as well. The deal that is being submitted tomorrow will not include Pau Gasol.

DWIGHT TO LAKERS, Bynum to 76ers, IGuadala to Nuggets.

My phone app said so.

WHYYYYYY? Dwight will never get to Brooklyn anymore.

15+ Year Old Account
    I don't get this deal at all as reported. Denver is saving $15 million next couple years with the deal and loses basically nothing crucial. Philly gets Bynum where he has said he will sign long term. The Lakers get Howard. The Magic get jack shit. How is this better than:
    Brooklyn deal: Lopez, Hump, Brooks, like 4 firsts plus salary relief
    Houston deal: Houston's entire team including Scola and Martin, their three first round picks this offseason and 3-4 more firsts plus they unload every single contract they didn't like.
    Houston/LA three team deal: Gasol or Bynum, salary relief, multiple picks.

This doesn't make any fucking sense at all. Orlando gets worse picks than the Brooklyn deal. They get less salary relief than the Houston deal. If they seriously dragged this out for three fucking months and then make this trade I might snap.

Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post

[/COLOR]According to Spears the deal is loosely:
    Orlando gets: Afflalo, Harringto, Vucevic, and three 1st (one from each team)
    Philly gets: Jason Richardson and Andrew Bynum
    Denver gets: Iggy
    LA gets: Howard

Expect more pieces to fall into that deal as well. The deal that is being submitted tomorrow will not include Pau Gasol.
    Looks like that deal is confirmed. Kind of surprising as I thought the Magic had better deals earlier. Both Dwight and Bynum have no extended in this deal. Both Philly and LA believe they can entice their new centers to resign next year, but Dwight to the Nets was kind of over as soon as they resigned Lopez to max...

---------- Post added 2012-08-09 at 07:59 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    I don't get this deal at all as reported. Denver is saving $15 million next couple years with the deal and loses basically nothing crucial. Philly gets Bynum where he has said he will sign long term. The Lakers get Howard. The Magic get jack shit. How is this better than:
    Brooklyn deal: Lopez, Hump, Brooks, like 4 firsts plus salary relief
    Houston deal: Houston's entire team including Scola and Martin, their three first round picks this offseason and 3-4 more firsts plus they unload every single contract they didn't like.
    Houston/LA three team deal: Gasol or Bynum, salary relief, multiple picks.

This doesn't make any fucking sense at all. Orlando gets worse picks than the Brooklyn deal. They get less salary relief than the Houston deal. If they seriously dragged this out for three fucking months and then make this trade I might snap.
    I think the Magic are dumb for turning down those earlier deals, and then the window on those deals closed... and they started to get a little more desperate, so they took this deal. Cause the offers would probably only get worse and worse.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Windry View Post
    I think the Magic are dumb for turning down those earlier deals, and then the window on those deals closed... and they started to get a little more desperate, so they took this deal. Cause the offers would probably only get worse and worse.
    Dwight has stated today that he won't extend in LA after this deal and wants to test free agency. I expect that that will end up being bullshit (unless the Nets move Lopez and have salary room for him) and he ends up extending with the Lakers prior to the trade deadline. Bynum reportedly will extend in Philly if I remember correctly from Twitter an hour or so ago. But man, for Orlando to get zero stars in the deal is shocking. No Bynum, no Gasol, no Iggy, no Hawes, no anything. At this point they had nothing to lose holding him until the trade deadline or at least into the season. I never use this term, but SMH. Just SMH.

Also, the Lakers are going to be nutso good. Their starting five is Nash, Bryant, Artest, Gasol, Howard. Thats insane. Howard is a massive upgrade defensively in the lane which is going to greatly help cover the deficiencies of Nash and Bryant on defense. Barring injuries, the inevitable Heat/Lakers final is going to be fucking insane.

Quote Originally Posted by Jibjabb View Post
    I firmly remember that one guy missing an easy layup that wouldve won one of the games. To me that was more of a choke than anything. And starting Jameer after he was out whole time was a poor decision to me
    Jameer was a bad choice, should of came off the bench to get the flow back.

Cortney lee's missed layup was goaltending, you can see gasols hand bending the rim down but its not a call you make when the game is on the line. We should of won that game.

La still would of won the series even with richard lewis on the juice. No one was complaining about his contract that playoff run

As a magic fan i wish the worse for dwight, he faked a season ending back injury (1hour non evasive back out patient surgery *massage*) because he got embarassed in the interview with stan. Not sure why stan took so much heat, it was a day old local story on our local news by david pingalore, stan acknowledged it was true, something no one is debating at this point.

Now we got some new guy they are paying peanuts, we are gonna suck for the next 5 years but at least we got that arena built. Would also like to thank the nba for sitting on richard's failed drug test vs clevland, couldnt of got the new arena without you =p
    Last edited by chadwix; 2012-08-10 at 03:17 AM.

Deleted
    The deal is done. Dwight heading to LA. LA keeps Gasol. What a line-up next season: Nash, Gasol, Kobe, Howard, Metta.

Goes to LA on fake back surgery, never leaves (for his kid camp twice) and miraculously ends up a laker after three months of bs? LA Faker indeed

Orlando gets nothing out of this deal. No longer a fan after seeing us bend over for other teams time after time, we are a farming team. Only big markets win in the nba statistically, more hype than sport.

I cant wait to see kobe yell at him for missing free throws
    Last edited by chadwix; 2012-08-10 at 03:50 AM.

Deleted
    Goes to LA on fake back surgery, never leaves (for his kid camp twice) and miraculously ends up a laker after three months of bs? LA Faker indeed

Orlando gets nothing out of this deal. No longer a fan after seeing us bend over for other teams time after time, we are a farming team. Only big markets win in the nba statistically, more hype than sport.

I cant wait to see kobe yell at him for missing free throws
    What are you talking about?

Orlando got a good deal as well, all four teams did. Orlando got some neat picks and a lot of young talents to build around.

Lakers got the best deal by far though. Howard is way more consistent compared to Bynum. Lakers looks very intimidating now, they're definitely the favorites to win the west, whether they can beat the Heat in the final or not only time will tell. I'd say those two teams are about equal on paper with OKC, Spurs and Clippers being the outsiders who could cause an upset.

The reason Orlando didnt do the Nets deal is cause they didnt want to overpay Humphries to a long term deal in order to make it work, they are trying to get rid of big long contracts for mediocre players not take more on. In this deal they get 1st round picks from each team, a rookie who could be solid, Afflalo + Harrington and some no name. Its not a great deal but in the end they get decent pieces and lots of picks from diff teams for a player that was guaranteed leaving. Earlier they still had hopes he might change his mind with the new regime.

But ya idc what some people say Howard >>>>> Bynum. Bynum is so wildly inconsistent and may never live up to his flashes of potential. He cant be counted on. West playoffs should once again be very entertaining.

The Lakers entire starting roster has made the all star team before. Possibly the 1st team that can say that other than that joke year where the NBA wanted to send all the Pistons just cause they were a good team (although Tayshaun didnt make iirc)
    Last edited by Jibjabb; 2012-08-10 at 05:17 AM.

No one is going to stop the Lakers now. Their bench may seem weaker than heats/thunders/spurs but just look at that starting lineup. Justice league indeed.

Kobe Bryant -
    Pau Gasol - Jordan Hill backup
    Steve Nash - Steve black backup
    Howard
    Metta world peace - Jamison Backup

I doubt the thunder will survive this time. Nor would the heat (consider thunder a bigger threat than heat for the lakers)

If only the lakers can add a couple shooters on their bench like the heat and it would probably be a 70 win season.

Lakers is strongest team zzz. And here I was hoping Knicks would work some shit out between Melo and Amare and make it to top 4 East, or Nets would miraculously be pro.

O. G. Fucking M.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Werrezer View Post
    Orlando got a good deal as well, all four teams did. Orlando got some neat picks and a lot of young talents to build around.
    Lol no they didn't. Orlando got nothing in this deal. They received worse picks than they would have received from Houston which would have included a lottery pick from the Raptors. They got worse players than the Houston or Nets deals. They got garbage. Not a single guy they got is someone you build a team around, they are all complimentary pieces to an established roster.

---------- Post added 2012-08-10 at 08:19 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Jibjabb View Post
    The reason Orlando didnt do the Nets deal is cause they didnt want to overpay Humphries to a long term deal in order to make it work, they are trying to get rid of big long contracts for mediocre players not take more on.
    Except they DIDN'T unload their bad contracts in this deal. Hedo is still on the Magic and he is by far their worst deal. Instead they unloaded Richardson who isn't on a bad deal. Its $6 million for three years. Hedo's pays him $25 million over the next two seasons. Plus Richardson is absolutely worth that contract, Hedo isn't even close to worth his. The Duhon and Clark contracts are nothing as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Werrezer View Post
    What are you talking about?

Lakers got the best deal by far though. Howard is way more consistent compared to Bynum. Lakers looks very intimidating now, they're definitely the favorites to win the west, whether they can beat the Heat in the final or not only time will tell. I'd say those two teams are about equal on paper with OKC, Spurs and Clippers being the outsiders who could cause an upset.
    Ive never heard of the guys we got. Our best player in now jameer, lol, wont go to a game if tickets are free. What a joke the magic organization is. Time to fire the new gm, this kid is a moron.

15+ Year Old Account
    Ive never heard of the guys we got. Our best player in now jameer, lol, wont go to a game if tickets are free. What a joke the magic organization is. Time to fire the new gm, this kid is a moron.
    Afflalo is a solid perimeter defensive player. Probably top 10-15 in the NBA. That is about all he does though. Still bitter Joe Dumars shipped him out of Detroit in the Allen Iverson for Billups trade.
    Al Harrington is an aging, once good player who has a fairly awful contract for his production. Its a worse contract than the Richardson one they are shipping out.
    Vucevic is wildly mediocre and doesn't do anything well except rebound.

So the Magic are getting three guys who are at best bench or role players and three firsts and a second for the best center in the NBA. Instead of getting a great rebounder/defender, a top 5 offensive center, a young, good wing player, and 3-4 picks from the Nets they get this crap. Oh ya, and all the picks are lottery protected in this deal.

Orlando got protected 1st round picks from each of the teams involved but I didn't see when those picks would be. Anyone know what exactly is meant by "protected 1st round pick"?
    My hunter is the genetic love child of Liam Neeson, the Dos Equis guy and Chuck Norris. You lose.

<broken image snip>

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nuadu View Post
    Orlando got protected 1st round picks from each of the teams involved but I didn't see when those picks would be. Anyone know what exactly is meant by "protected 1st round pick"?

If someone trades a protected draft pick, they may get to keep it and use it if they have a high enough pick (if they finish poorly enough or win the lottery). If this happens, then their next year's draft pick would be the one traded. An unprotected pick goes to the other team no matter what.

Also Concript: Magic had a goal to clear up a lot of cap space and they did that in form of Jason Richardson. I do agree that they could've got a better deal but it was no where a bad deal for them by any stretch of imagination. They had to make a move or they might've got nothing.