1. #1961
    Orlando magic need to die.

    ---------- Post added 2012-11-13 at 09:25 PM ----------

    5-0 all in double digit leads motha fuckas. Knicks rank 1.

    Thursday night is gonna be crazy @ Spurs. Spurs are fucking good, I think Knicks will lose.

    ---------- Post added 2012-11-13 at 09:38 PM ----------


  2. #1962
    Fluffy Kitten conscript's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Jonesville, Michigan
    Posts
    10,443
    This might sound crazy, but Charlotte somehow isn't awful. I don't want to put too much credit on him, but it certainly looks like MKGs bust ass constantly playstyle has rubbed off on guys, especially Kemba Walker who looks like a completely different guy.

    And yes, I have no clue why I was watching that game over the Knicks or Nets last night.

    ---------- Post added 2012-11-14 at 12:49 PM ----------

    Larry Frank's, the Pistons coach, last three starts to a season as a head coach:
    New Jersey Nets 2009: 0-16
    Detroit Pistons 2011: 4-20
    Detroit Pistons 2012: 0-8

    Why does he have a job?

  3. #1963
    This is the for the person trying to compare Kobe and James Harden based off just shooting percentages. I hope you can now see how drastically different percentages are for players who are "role players" and those that are expected to carry an offense.

    Even despite Harden's amazing 2 game start his FG% is now down to 43.2 and his 3PT are 25.6. In his last 5 games he shot 35.3, 42.9, 22.2, 33.3, 33.3 from the field. Did he suddenly become worse? No this is just the effects of having to be the focal point of an offense, taking the tough shots and having to create solely for yourself a large majority of the time. Being the person the defense focuses in on. This is why Kobe's percentages arent as good as Hardens were last season. Harden was able to play off of 2 greater and better players to get open looks while Kobe was the person that was drawing double teams. Anyways point is comparing percentage numbers for FG and 3PT arent always effective at showing who is a better shooter or scorer, have to look at the entire picture. Hell I think people like Tyson Chandler led the league in FG% in the past and thats cause all he did was tip ins and dunks, if you ever ran your offense through him god help your team.

  4. #1964
    Lol at Jibb expanding on what I already said.

    All Star voting started, so you can select the people you want to represent your Conference.

    http://allstarballot.nba.com/?referr...&cid=asb12_reg

    If you vote, at the end they ask you for some information to enter in a sweepstakes to win a free trip to the All Star game. (In Houston so all of us get a vacation from our home state.) I think you can enter daily.

    Miami @ LAC tonight. This is gonna be interesting lol. And Memphis @ OKC but meh compared to Heat v. Clips.

    ---------- Post added 2012-11-14 at 04:58 PM ----------

    Oh just to stir the pot a little, here's how I voted:

    West:
    Chris Paul
    Kobe Bryant
    Dwight Howard
    Kevin Durant
    Kevin Love

    East:
    Rajon Rondo
    Dwayne Wade
    Lebron James
    Carmelo Anthony
    Tyson Chandler

    Okay let me explain. I don't want to vote for that injury prone Andrew Bynum who isn't supposed to make a comeback until like mid January. Who knows how well he will even play. Although Tyson Chandler isn't super level (really no one is after Dwight and slightly Bynum) he's consistent. And I'm like 20% biased since he's a Knick. Just 20%.

  5. #1965
    Moderator Skarsguard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Ravenloft usually
    Posts
    2,537
    How do you put Kevin Love over Tim Duncan he is playing like he is 27 again.

  6. #1966
    Pandaren Monk skatblast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    1,949
    Lebrons getting another one. I love seeing the lakers struggle!!

  7. #1967
    Getting what? Another Samsung Galaxy? (Those commercials are fucking annoying.)

    ---------- Post added 2012-11-14 at 06:50 PM ----------

    Oh and for Conscript:

    Clark (Santa Cruz, Calif.): Lawrence Frank’s last two seasons as a head coach have had pretty horrendous starts and this one – although still early – is headed in that direction. Is this just a coincidence or something we should be worried about?

    Langlois: I’m sure he’d resist excuses, but there were some pretty compelling reasons for the 2009 start in New Jersey (a roster stripped of future liabilities in advance of the sale of the franchise) and the 2011 start with the Pistons (new coach, lockout). This year, I think any team that was in the lottery the preceding season and faced with seven of its first eight games on the road would be challenged. Of their first five games, they’ve put themselves in position to win all but Sunday’s loss to the Lakers. Nobody’s happy to be 0-5, but road games are always tough for young teams and the Pistons have played four of their five on the road so far.
    Detroit needs LAL mentality. 5 games in and you're not doing a satisfactory job? Get the fuck out of here.

  8. #1968
    Fluffy Kitten conscript's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Jonesville, Michigan
    Posts
    10,443
    Quote Originally Posted by skarsguard View Post
    How do you put Kevin Love over Tim Duncan he is playing like he is 27 again.
    Also Kevin Love has played zero games this year. I think this is the first time I ever did an All Star ballot
    My picks:
    West:
    Tim Duncan
    Nikola Pekovic (quite possibly my favorite NBA player now)
    AK47 (yes this should have been Zach Randolph or Kevin Durant but AK47 rules)
    Tony Parker
    Chris Paul

    East:
    Melo
    LeBron
    Sideshow Andy (who is having a ridiculous year)
    Kyrie Irving
    Kemba Walker because come on the Cats need something positive

    Also, can someone tell me what the hell the thing on the right is in this capatcha:


    ---------- Post added 2012-11-14 at 06:55 PM ----------

    I wanted to vote in Tayshaun on the off chance he gets in and tears his ACL, MCL, LCL, ZCL, XCL, and 9CL during the game.

    ---------- Post added 2012-11-14 at 08:30 PM ----------

    I might be getting ahead of myself, but the Pistons are going to be 1-8 after tonight. WOOOOOOOO! No repeat of the Lions 0-16 season. 15 point lead with 8 minutes left in the third. They got this!
    Last edited by conscript; 2012-11-14 at 11:56 PM.

  9. #1969
    How anyone can vote for the All star game this early is beyond me.

  10. #1970
    Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    I might be getting ahead of myself, but the Pistons are going to be 1-8 after tonight. WOOOOOOOO! No repeat of the Lions 0-16 season. 15 point lead with 8 minutes left in the third. They got this!
    Pistons officially won a game! Congrats!

    Objectively, do you think they're the worst team in the league? I don't follow them, nor many teams, to be honest.

  11. #1971
    Fluffy Kitten conscript's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Jonesville, Michigan
    Posts
    10,443
    Quote Originally Posted by icedwarrior View Post
    Pistons officially won a game! Congrats!

    Objectively, do you think they're the worst team in the league? I don't follow them, nor many teams, to be honest.
    WOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. Victory!!

    Honestly, no I don't think they are the worst team. That team lives in Washington DC. The Wizards roster is a joke and has been a joke for years. I think the Pistons are horribly coached. I think they need serious work on their rotations of who is playing (Singler started last night at the 2 and went off). Playing Drummond 6 minutes one night, 20 the next, 11 the next, is fucking retarded when he is playing as good as he is, but again a coaching issue. The Pistons have the talent to not be a bad team. Monroe is a top 3 center in the East. Drummond is going to be great. Outside of their horribly designed roster (they have 4-5 tweener SF/PFs in Tayshaun, Magette, Singler, Middleton, Daye, Villaneuva) and they make horrible choices of who to keep in the offseason (like not amnestying Charlie who doesn't play or letting Vernon Macklin walk instead of having him add depth at the 4/5 with his ridiculous rebounding). They played like the worst team the first two weeks, but they have the on court talent not to be that bad. I think coaching is the biggest issue in Detroit. Aside from Tayshaun. Fuck Tayshaun (and he wasn't even horrible last night, but still I hate that guy).

    Minnesota nearly came back against the Cats last night. I watched a good chunk of that game and god was it brutal. Minnesota can't score when AK47 goes off. They just can't and here is why:
    Kevin Love out 2-3 weeks
    Ricky Rubio out 1-1.5 months
    JJ Barea Day to Day
    Nikola Pekovic Day to Day
    Brandon Roy Day to Day
    Chase Buddinger out 2-3 months

    That is 6 of their top 7 players out with injury last night lol.

    Also, good lord the Pacers are horrible right now. That Hibbert contract is totally paying off right now lol.

  12. #1972
    Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    Honestly, no I don't think they are the worst team. That team lives in Washington DC. The Wizards roster is a joke and has been a joke for years. I think the Pistons are horribly coached. I think they need serious work on their rotations of who is playing (Singler started last night at the 2 and went off). Playing Drummond 6 minutes one night, 20 the next, 11 the next, is fucking retarded when he is playing as good as he is, but again a coaching issue. The Pistons have the talent to not be a bad team. Monroe is a top 3 center in the East. Drummond is going to be great. Outside of their horribly designed roster (they have 4-5 tweener SF/PFs in Tayshaun, Magette, Singler, Middleton, Daye, Villaneuva) and they make horrible choices of who to keep in the offseason (like not amnestying Charlie who doesn't play or letting Vernon Macklin walk instead of having him add depth at the 4/5 with his ridiculous rebounding). They played like the worst team the first two weeks, but they have the on court talent not to be that bad. I think coaching is the biggest issue in Detroit. Aside from Tayshaun. Fuck Tayshaun (and he wasn't even horrible last night, but still I hate that guy).
    I hate saying this, because I'm no coach, but...why aren't they playing Drummond more? Does he have health problems or something? Why wouldn't you play your first round pick more than 10 minutes a game? That's baffling.

    Also, what happened to the Bobcats? I remember them being like...9-70, and they're what, 4-5 right now? Pretty decent.

  13. #1973
    Fluffy Kitten conscript's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Jonesville, Michigan
    Posts
    10,443
    Quote Originally Posted by icedwarrior View Post
    I hate saying this, because I'm no coach, but...why aren't they playing Drummond more? Does he have health problems or something? Why wouldn't you play your first round pick more than 10 minutes a game? That's baffling.

    Also, what happened to the Bobcats? I remember them being like...9-70, and they're what, 4-5 right now? Pretty decent.
    Its just a coaching thing or a stupid minutes limit. He doesn't have health concerns at all and he looks fantastic when he is in there. Frank is just a bad coach and has been literally his entire career as a head coach.

    The Cats play hard now. Their new coach and MKG have completely changed the atmosphere of that team.

  14. #1974
    Forward Josh Howard to Minnesota.

  15. #1975
    how about those bobcats
    4-3

    bet MJ's head got 8% larger

  16. #1976
    Hmmmmmm. Spurs aren't unbeatable, but they're pretty fucking monstrous. I don't think Knicks will win tonight. I hope they do but it's unlikely.

    And then Boston @ Brooklyn I wanted to watch. Rondo is injured but Boston has made a comeback In win record and is trying to get that Atlantic Division rank 1 so I gotta watch them.

    Oh btw, I threw the link to All Star ballot in my signature so we don't have to constantly come back to this page.

    And Jibb, just enter for a chance to win the trip. It takes like 3 mins to make an account and like 1.5 mins per day to vote.

  17. #1977
    http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-ba...7316--nba.html

    Tickets for 10 cents and they arent selling. Hopefully the next commissioner can fix the league, well, fix it in a different way than stern.

  18. #1978
    Lol bro I wish I had some 10 cent fucking seats. You can't even find a Knicks ticket for less than $200/tick for a good game and those are for only single seaters.

    But the other thing is that those are stubhub prices. I like to buy first hand off ticketmaster/the team website itself.

    Still, small market teams are small market money. I would probably have season tickets if I could get them cheap. Philadelphia isn't even a half bad team.

  19. #1979
    Fluffy Kitten conscript's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Jonesville, Michigan
    Posts
    10,443
    Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Forward Josh Howard to Minnesota.
    I read that as Josh Smith and about lost my shit. Josh Howard? Meh. Should function as a decent scoring option for awhile. I honestly expect them to move Derrick Williams in the not to distant future for an athletic wing scorer. Williams has too much potential to be trapped behind Kevin Love for the rest of forever.

    ---------- Post added 2012-11-15 at 08:53 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Lol bro I wish I had some 10 cent fucking seats. You can't even find a Knicks ticket for less than $200/tick for a good game and those are for only single seaters.

    But the other thing is that those are stubhub prices. I like to buy first hand off ticketmaster/the team website itself.

    Still, small market teams are small market money. I would probably have season tickets if I could get them cheap. Philadelphia isn't even a half bad team.
    Supply and demand bro. Philly, Detroit, Indiana, etc. No one wants to go see these teams play. Speaking of which, Pistons tickets behind the bench a couple rows for tomorrow against the Magic are $18. If I didn't live three hours from the fucking Palace I would so buy those and then move directly down to the first or second row because no one is ever there. I seriously need to move to a real city with a basketball team (and get a job that pays me enough to go to a ton of games). I would love to live in Charlotte right now. I don't care if that team is shit, two years of season tickets for their dirt cheap price of one? Yes freaking please.

  20. #1980
    I just wanted input for this, because I simply don't agree with Blueobelisk.

    Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Uhm. Don't you see a problem with a team like the Lakers then who have 4.5 superstars.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Yeah Ron Artest is like half of a superstar.
    I don't see Ron Artes...err, Metta World Peace...as "half a superstar". He's a good defender, and averages 11 points a night. I wouldn't call that half a superstar.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •