Obviously he has Rondo on his fantasy team and needs to buff up his scores.

Meh I understand boosting stats is a little nice, but risking injury is too horrible, especially considering Rondo was injured just a few days ago.

15+ Year Old Account
    Darko might be leaving the Celtics to move back to Europe to tend to his sick mother and play on a team where he would actually play.

....Why do they never show the good games on TV.

Apparently Ron Artest hit Lin last night. Here's a link but I'm embedding the video anyway:

Looks like he planned it to me lol.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    ....Why do they never show the good games on TV.

Apparently Ron Artest hit Lin last night. Here's a

Looks like he planned it to me lol.
    Nah no way did he spin around arm extended for no reason on purpose. Total accident bro.

:O Memphis best team in League got taken out by Denver.

Washington remains winless.

Bucks, rank 1 in Central division got taken out by Bobcats.

Looks like LAC is about to knock down Spurs for a second time this season.

15+ Year Old Account
    :O Memphis best team in League got taken out by Denver.

Washington remains winless.

Bucks, rank 1 in Central division got taken out by Bobcats.

Looks like LAC is about to knock down Spurs for a second time this season.
    I watched a good chunk of the Cats/Bucks game yesterday. That was a pretty entertaining game. The Cats are now TWO wins short of their entire total from last season. That is nuts.

Knicks should be 8-1 tonight.

---------- Post added 2012-11-20 at 08:51 AM ----------

Cavs lost Kyrie last night for at least 4 weeks. Yoikes. They are going to be terrible by the time he gets back. If anything I think this means they might move Sideshow now who they were possibly moving anyways by the trade deadline and go into tank mode (more than they were already playing in tank mode because their team is bad). The Cavs are okay when Irving is in, but they are terrible without him. Their points per 100 possession with Kyrie is 108.3. Without him it is 81. 81.
    Last edited by conscript; 2012-11-20 at 01:56 PM.

Not to mention James Harden is already injured from his little time as the go-to guy of a team.

Not really injured, he's having "respiratory distress." No word on how long he'll sit or if he's even gonna be out at all.

---------- Post added 2012-11-20 at 01:31 PM ----------

Forgot to mention, yeah Conscript should be Knicks win tonight @ New Orleans.

Nets @ LAL. Hmmmmmmmmmmmm. I think Lakers will win. I mean...Yeah I think Lakers will win. Nets aren't gonna stop one of the best offense with their terrible defense.

15+ Year Old Account
    A kid at Grinell College scored 138 points yesterday. He had 0 assists and took 79% of his teams shots in a 70 point win. Not impressed

Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    A kid at Grinell College scored 138 points yesterday. He had 0 assists and took 79% of his teams shots in a 70 point win. Not impressed
    I heard a statistic that he took a shot, on average, once every 20 seconds. Yeah...

Herald of the Titans Skarsguard's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah I saw that stat yesterday on my facebook posted by sportscenter I just didn't care enough to post it here. What was the point of that really besides having both teams watch you play.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by skarsguard View Post
    Yeah I saw that stat yesterday on my facebook posted by sportscenter I just didn't care enough to post it here. What was the point of that really besides having both teams watch you play.
    Apparently they play a system where literally they just run up the court and shoot a three (good basketball skills lol). The other team never even cared enough to double team the guy more than a few times. There is a point where basketball stops being enjoyable and I think a team that just chucks up threes with no regard is pretty far across that line. Even 2005 Kobe would shake his head at that level of selfish and terrible basketball.

I'd love to see this happen in the NBA just once. Say the Wizards who are basically already out of playoff contention and have Wall injured. Just send Brad Beal out there and tell him to just shoot the ball every possession even if it is like 8 feet behind the arc. Do it til his arms are too tired to shoot. Why not? They got nothing else to play for and at least maybe that would keep their fans entertained for a game. The only thing that would be more entertaining to Wiz fans would probably be a live beheading of Randy Whitman at midcourt.
    Last edited by conscript; 2012-11-21 at 12:53 PM.

Apparently a surgeon told Bynum he'd has some crazy lesions an might be surgery that would take him a year to rehabilitate.

Brook Lopez 2nd best center in NBA?

Not to mention James Harden is already injured from his little time as the go-to guy of a team.

Not really injured, he's having "respiratory distress." No word on how long he'll sit or if he's even gonna be out at all.
    If only someone had said he wasn't ready to be a number one option, and he'd come back to earth pretty quickly...

Also, Bynum is still hurt? You don't say. Stop the presses, this is big!

15+ Year Old Account
    Apparently a surgeon told Bynum he'd has some crazy lesions an might be surgery that would take him a year to rehabilitate.

Brook Lopez 2nd best center in NBA?
    Are you drunk? Brook Lopez can't pass, can't defend, and can't rebound. He is averaging 1 assist per game to go with 6 rebounds. SIX REBOUNDS. Centers better than Brook Lopez, not in order:
    1) Greg Monroe. Plays decent defense. 16.8 points, 3.4 assists, 9.8 rebounds
    2) Marc Gasol. Plays decent defense. Is a much, much better passer and is arguably the best passing big man in the game. 15.2/7.1/4.6
    3) Chris Bosh. Been the 5 for the Heat this year. 19.6/7.3/1.5
    4) Anderson Varejo. 14.3/13.1/3.3
    5) Joakim Noah 14.8/10/4

I'd even throw in Glen Davis who is having a good year, Kevin Garnett, and maybe Omar Asik who has lower scoring but way higher rebounds and defense. So no, Brook Lopez isn't the 2nd best center in the NBA. He isn't the second best center in the East. He is barely the 2nd best center in his division depending on where you rank Chandler. Honestly, I'd have Lopez at somewhere between 8 and 10 right now because he is a defensive sieve at the most important defensive position and he can't rebound at the most important rebounding position. I'm sorry, but there is no way in hell the 2nd best center in the NBA is FIFTY FOURTH in rebounding. 54th!

---------- Post added 2012-11-21 at 08:42 PM ----------

The Magic started the third quarter on a 17-0 run. Thanks Pistons for giving me a reason to switch to the Minnesota game and not exit my Xbox to go back to your game.

They've now out scored the Pistons 21-0 in the third.

---------- Post added 2012-11-21 at 08:46 PM ----------

Oh ya and mother fucking Kevin Love is back! 16 points in the first half with a wrapped hand. OMG I love Kevin Love.

---------- Post added 2012-11-21 at 08:47 PM ----------

Detroit scores! Two free throws and zero field goals in the third, 22-2

---------- Post added 2012-11-21 at 08:57 PM ----------

Kevin Love, AK47, Pek, Shvedder, and Ridnour. Toss Rubio in there and trade Derrick Williams for an upgrade at the two and this team is going to be fucking incredible. If you can't tell, I am stupidly pumped that Kevin Love is back out of nowhere and looking as good as ever.

pistons were outscored 26-8 in the third. Thank god Love is healthy again.

---------- Post added 2012-11-21 at 09:05 PM ----------

Wolves drop 58 on Denver. Kevin Love has 22 and 8 in 16 minutes.

---------- Post added 2012-11-21 at 09:11 PM ----------

Detroit is being even WORSE in the fourth quarter. 5 minutes to go and they now have TWO fourth quarter points. The NBA record for fewest points in a half is 16. The Pistons have 10 with five minute to go.

---------- Post added 2012-11-21 at 09:27 PM ----------

The Pistons scored 26 second half points against the Magic tonight. 16 of those points came in the final 4:30 of the 4th when Orlando just stopped playing defense and literally stood around. If Larry Frank is employed by the time the Pistons tip off their next game Friday I am officially done with the Pistons.
    Last edited by conscript; 2012-11-22 at 01:59 AM.

KNICKS ARE GONNA LOSE OMG.

And LAC lost to OKC, I wanted LA to win.

Yeah I heard about Kevin Love, super nice.

---------- Post added 2012-11-21 at 10:59 PM ----------

................ Of course Knicks make a come back and refs fuck them over with offensive foul and no calls. Fucking refs. Knicks are now only 8-2.

i think Woodson just gave up arguing the calls at the end.. you could tell it wasn't going to really help. 3 offensive fouls by Melo.. i'll give them 2 of them.. the 3rd was horseshit

Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    Kevin Love, AK47, Pek, Shvedder, and Ridnour. Toss Rubio in there and trade Derrick Williams for an upgrade at the two and this team is going to be fucking incredible. If you can't tell, I am stupidly pumped that Kevin Love is back out of nowhere and looking as good as ever.
    I still dont know where this idea the Wolves are gonna be great is coming from. Ridnour is a barely starting PG, he'd be a backup on probably 90% of the teams in the NBA. Kirilenko is probably one of the most unreliable, off and on players in the league, Derrick Williams so far into his career looks to be a bust and I have no clue who their starting SG even is its that bad. Where is this playoff potential people are talking about. 7 seed at best, and that's optimistic.

Also Id say Marcin Gortat is up there as one of the better centers, he just gets overlooked a lot because he plays for such a crap team.

Dear lord the Bulls need Rose back, we are letting Nate frickin Robinson take 22 shots because nobody else wants to. Its so hard to be excited about this season until he is playing again, knowing how good they could and should be.

Hate to see the T-wolves blow a 17 point lead like that, but at least it was to my Nuggets xO

If the right players just get played and they actually play they have in the past then I foresee much gloating and flashing of teeth as the season continues for me

With you on the Marcin Gortat thing, the dude is beastly it's just unfortunate that the Suns became completely irrelevant =(
    The earth is not a cold dead place

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jibjabb View Post
    I still dont know where this idea the Wolves are gonna be great is coming from. Ridnour is a barely starting PG, he'd be a backup on probably 90% of the teams in the NBA. Kirilenko is probably one of the most unreliable, off and on players in the league, Derrick Williams so far into his career looks to be a bust and I have no clue who their starting SG even is its that bad. Where is this playoff potential people are talking about. 7 seed at best, and that's optimistic.
    Their current starting 2 is Malcolm Lee. Ya, not really a good thing lol. It looked better when it was potentially Roy if he could maintain any of his former self which looks doubtful at this point. Shved looks decent though, especially when he is on the court with Barea. Ridinour will be back on the bench in a few weeks and even right now Barea outplays him most nights. Being great is probably optimism born out of my complete dearth of confidence in the Pistons at this point, again they threatened the fewest points in a half record last night until Orlando stopped playing and literally let Detroit score, but when they get Rubio back, their starting five is damn good, especially their 4/5 which I would take against any 4/5 combo in the league outside of Howard/Gasol and LeBron/Bosh.

---------- Post added 2012-11-22 at 11:18 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Aristeia View Post
    Hate to see the T-wolves blow a 17 point lead like that, but at least it was to my Nuggets (
    This has to be said, the officiating in the second half was pure bullshit. Terrible technicals on both teams. The refs swallowed their whistles for the Nugs and refused to call anything on them even as guys were getting literally pushed to the floor while calling all sorts of horrible dives by Gally. The one where Love had his hand on Gally's back and he jumps like 4 feet forward flailing his arms and legs then falling to the floor for no reason was comical. If that doesn't justify a call from the league I don't know what flop does.

Manimal though, jesus christ. That dude is just awesome. If wouldn't have went to Morehead he would have been a top 10 pick. The Wolves should have been pounding it inside to Love all second half after Faried got in foul trouble to get him out of there. He was killing the Wolves on both ends. That dunk he had where he just took off through the paint was awesome.
    Last edited by conscript; 2012-11-22 at 04:18 PM.

I just want to say....Kobe is playing amazingly so far this season, it's really because of him that the Lakers are even doing as well as they are this season.
    The earth is not a cold dead place