Kind of beside the point actually. The conversation we were having was "how good are the Bulls without Rose". They beat the Knicks, but without Melo. So it's not a very good evaluation of how good the Bulls are without Rose. That's all we're saying.

I, personally, took it a step further to talk about their playoff chances. Since Rose is likely going to be rusty and less than 100% and they still don't have a quality number two option, I'm going to say it's very possible they lose in the second round of the playoffs. I don't know if they will, it depends on the match, but I wouldn't be that confident either. Who on the Bulls will take advantage of that soft interior of Brooklyn? How are they scoring point to run with the Knicks? How are they breaking down the defense of the Heat? I have no answers to those questions.

Oh and recent history says don't sleep on Boston. I have no actual basketball reasons to back this up, I just know it's not a good idea.
    Last edited by buck008; 2012-12-15 at 10:23 PM.

Well ya if they are the 3rd best team then they should lose in the 2nd round to either the 1st or 2nd best, I dont expect them to make the Conference finals this year, Id expect them to win their 1st round matchup assuming they arent playing New York or Miami. If you wanna do ranks assuming that Rose will never play than Id probably put the Bulls at 7th or 8th depending on what Philadelphia can manage to do.

I like Bargnanis honesty in saying his team sucks. Its refreshing after every single player says their team is good at ready to win the championship, even when everybody knows they arent. Im still waiting for the player to come out and just brutally honest about everything, theyd be my insta-favorite player.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jibjabb View Post
    I like Bargnanis honesty in saying his team sucks. Its refreshing after every single player says their team is good at ready to win the championship, even when everybody knows they arent. Im still waiting for the player to come out and just brutally honest about everything, theyd be my insta-favorite player.
    Its shocking how completely awful the Raptors are. They should have 5-6 more wins but they can't close games down the stretch. Barg has been either great or completely freaking terrible depending on the night. He seriously needs a change of scenery. That organization is so terribly run though. Hell terribly coached too. The other day as they collapsed in the fourth quarter again Casey just left Lowry sitting there on the bench rather than putting their best player back in the game. Just look at what they did in the offseason. They drafted Terrance Ross, a SG, 8thish overall and stuck him behind DeRozan who they just signed to a huge extension. What the hell? They did that stupid Fields deal to try and keep New York from getting Nash which is dumb. I mean wow was that dumb. They need to deal Barg even iif it is for $.60 on the dollar. They need to rebuild and he still have some value. They need to deal Calderon's expiring for a 1st as soon as someone's PG gets hurt or to a team that could use an upgrade for a playoff push. And they should probably trade Terrance Ross too. Burning a top 10 pick on a guy who is essentially going to be stuck behind a superior starter until his deal is up is phenomenally stupid, just look at what the Wolves did to Derrick Williams the fucking #2 pick that they marooned behind Love (although wasting a #2 pick is so much worse its laughable).

Speaking of the Wolves, if they want all this Kevin Love is angry hubbub to go away it will only take one fucking move. Fire David Kahn, the most inept GM in the NBA. He has such a history of terrible fucking moves. Derrick Williams like I mentioned was picked when the Wolves had huge holes at SG and SF. They took essentially a bench PF at #2 overall. Could you imagine if they traded down, or even drafted him there, and drafted Klay Thompson? The Wolves worst spot is their complete inability to shoot 3s from the SG and it isn't exactly a new issue for them. Then in the 20s they traded Montejunas for Nikola Mirotić from Houston with Kyle Singler on the board a guy who is blowing it up for the Pistons right now. Hindsight is 20/20, but no one bungles more drafts than David Kahn which is why the team is basically devoid of home grown talent outside of Love and Rubio. In the Rubio draft Kahn took two PGs. Back to fucking back. In the top 10. Neither of which had any shot of being a SG. Explain that. Their draft history is hilarious:
    2012-No pick. They traded it to the Clippers for Marko Jarić and Lionel Chalmers (ya that happened). the Clippers traded it to the Hornets in the Paul deal. It turned into Austin Rivers.
    2011- Derrick Williams #2 overall. Bench player. Nikola Mirotic #26. Never played an NBA minute. No indication he ever will.
    2010- Wesley Johnson #4 overall. Now a member of the Suns
    2009- Ricky Rubio #5 didn't come over until 2011. Johnny Flynn #6. Awful. Been on like six teams. Cut from all of them. Awful
    2008- OJ Mayo #3. Traded for Kevin Love #5 and a couple other players. Zero of the additional players are on the Wolves or ever played significant time.
    2007- Corey Brewer #7. Now on the Knicks, his fourth team.

So when Love was bitching about the organizations shit building and how it made no fucking sense at all for Kahn to then stiff him on the 5 year max, that is what he is talking about. Fucking terrible. Glad I'm just a bandwagon fan of the team and not a lifer, I'd probably kill something. Oh wait, the Pistons are just as bad over that time frame. FML...

Ricky Rubio is mother fucking back. In the last minute he made a drive to the hoop with a behind the back pass to an open Derrick Williams (who bricked a three). Two trips later he makes just the filthiest no look, through the legs pass you will ever see to Stiesma for a layup. It will be a top 10 play tomorrow. It was incredible. And then Rubio makes a sweet lob pass to Derrick Williams who then bricks the dunk in the most hilarious way imaginable. He dunked it so hard right off the rim that the ball went literally 10-15 feet straight up completely off screen it was so bad.
    Here is the Derrick Williams ally-fail

And here is Rubio's play of the night. A no look between the legs pass right to Stiemsma for the easy layup. It simply does not get better than this.
    Last edited by conscript; 2012-12-16 at 02:23 AM.

Yeah since league pass is free trial this weekend I'm checking it out, Wolves look fun. Except that Kevin Love ISN'T PLAYING!

Knicks apparently beat Cleveland by 1. Because Varejao missed his last free throw and let the clock expire as a result lols. Seriously thou, Kyrie Irving is a fucking beast.

Nets lost to Bulls lols by 1.

---------- Post added 2012-12-15 at 10:45 PM ----------

AND both Wolves and Magic won. Interesting preface buildup.

15+ Year Old Account
    Rubio's per 36 stats tonight: 16 points, 18 assists, 6 steals, 8 rebounds. He only played 18 minutes and he was fucking fantastic. Derrick Williams left 3-4 assists out on the floor for Rubio also or the stats would have been even better. Watching Rubio is just like watching Pavel Datsyuk, you never know what is going to happen next.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    lol Derrick Williams missed dunk, most likely going to end up being a Shaqtin a Fool moment.

Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    That Prigioni guy is damn entertaining. It is a shame he didn't come into the NBA years ago. He seems to be the premiere inbound ball hawk in the NBA.
    He certainly is. I have been watching him when he was playing in the Euroleague. I remember the 2005 squad of Tau Ceramica ( Now Caja Laboral ) with a roster including Pablo Prigioni, Jose Calderon, Luis Scola and Thiago Splitter.

I have also been watching NBA for good 10 years now. What I noticed this year is that the East seems to be weaker than ever, if you exclude the Knicks and Heat ( a team that I don't like how is playing this year ) and perhaps the Bulls if and when they get D. Rose back, it's going to be a suprise for me if any other team challenges those 3 come playoff time.

15+ Year Old Account
    Holy shit Batum had a 5x5 game yesterday (11 points, 5 rebounds, 10 assists, 5 steals, 5 blocks). I was hoping he would come up with one block to give my fantasy team the win for the week and he had that sort of stat line. 5x5 games are nuts.

Meh lakers beat 76ers. "Wooo lakers are unstoppable."

Tonight is the night. Rocky Rubio's ACL is better and he's already been in for a game to warm up. And Kevin Love should have a fixed thumb and also hopefully his flu like symptoms are gone.

And hopefully Magic's star player Glen Davis is hea-...oh wait. Who gives a fuck.

Idk if I mentioned this but I'd have considered upgrading to court side seats, but even thou the view is closer it still sucks that the folding metal chairs are uncomfortable, and there's no leg room (I can't the real court side lol, I mean court side 2nd row) and the seats are close together and no armrests.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Idk if I mentioned this but I'd have considered upgrading to court side seats, but even thou the view is closer it still sucks that the folding metal chairs are uncomfortable, and there's no leg room (I can't the real court side lol, I mean court side 2nd row) and the seats are close together and no armrests.
    Mad jelly that you are watching the Wolves in person today. If it is anything like the other day, enjoy, because it is going to be fantastic.

Love will be back for the Wolves tonight Blue, so thats good. You lucked out too. Rubio is playing tonight but more than likely not playing tomorrow against the Heat. Speaking of the Wolves, Roy is set to start practicing Thursday and should be back next week. The Wolves will be as close to full power as they have been all season. Buds will be their only significant injured player once Roy is back.

A Ersan Ilyasova trade to the Nets might be in the works. Well, Ilyasova can't be moved until Jan 15th so it isn't imminent by any means. Marshawn Brooks would be headed back to Milwaukee for sure along with who knows what else.

Batum's 5x5 makes him the 8th player to ever record that stat line. You'd think it would be more guys despite how rare that is. The other 7? Hakeem, Ak47, David Robinson, Vladi Divac, Marcus Camby, Derrick Coleman, and Jamal Tinsley.

Gasol to practice tomorrow and could play tomorrow night.

---------- Post added 2012-12-17 at 04:45 PM ----------

Its mystery NBA player quote time!!! Which NBA player said the following:
    I wouldn’t say I’m a ball hog. I’m a shooter. I definitely much rather shoot it than pass it. That’s just how I am. I’m a scorer, man. You don’t get [hiding points hint] points without knowing how to put yourself in positions to shoot it. The ball just finds scorers and I can always, no matter what system you’re in, you can always find a way. Getting up 30 shots ain’t easy. A lot of people don’t know how to do that. That’s what I do. It’s like superheroes. Superman can fly. Spider-Man has webs. Steve [Nash] can pass. I shoot. … I get ‘em up! I make no bones about it. That’s what I do. That’s what I do. Some nights they fall, some nights they don’t.
    Last edited by conscript; 2012-12-17 at 09:46 PM.

Herald of the Titans Skarsguard's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    [/COLOR]Its mystery NBA player quote time!!! Which NBA player said the following:[/QUOTE]

I think the Steve Nash reference gives it away that its Kobe.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by skarsguard View Post
    I think the Steve Nash reference gives it away that its Kobe.
    Hey man, lots of people played with Steve Nash over the years. Could have been anyone from Dallas or Phoenix. Kobe has only played 1.5 games with Nash.

But ya, its Kobe.

Dirk is the only player on Dallas that is still around from when Nash played. And theres no way Dirk would ever say that about himself.

Deleted
    By the end of the first line i was sure that that was Kobe quote.
    And i only know like 15 players by name ...
    Last edited by mmoc14553d1068; 2012-12-18 at 12:19 AM.

Those dicks didn't show my seat in the highlights. I'll prob post pictures later. Love scored and did a lot but it was kind of quiet, especially since magic won. Actually I remember seeing him do stuff and was like "damn Kevin Love is monster."

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Those dicks didn't show my seat in the highlights. I'll prob post pictures later. Love scored and did a lot but it was kind of quiet, especially since magic won. Actually I remember seeing him do stuff and was like "damn Kevin Love is monster."
    I don't even know what the hell happened in that game yesterday. The Wolves managed to score 32 points in the second half. 32! Once they got up to a 15-17 point lead or whatever it was they just totally fell apart and couldn't hit shots at all. Weird game.

The game was mad short at the end too, it only lasted 2 hours and 10 minutes or so. That's because they didn't call a lot of fouls nor did each teach use a lot of their timeouts. I think Wolves had 3 Mahic had 2 left.

Mad close seats:

The magic dancers stood right next to me the whole game. Also like when they threw stuff out in the crowd they handed some to us. We got those inflatable balloons you bang together and a couple of cracker tennis rackets.

15+ Year Old Account

Blue's reaction all game.

I tried to watch for you in the stands when the Wolves were shooting free throws at that end. I'll have to take a look again and see if I can grab a screenshot.

---------- Post added 2012-12-19 at 07:00 AM ----------

I think Minnesota (and Memphis) are pretty much the model of the team to beat Miami in the playoffs. They were in that game last night for the whole thing despite Love and Shved shooting a combined 3 for 17 and Rubio not playing to shut down Wade. They destroyed Miami on the boards and by destroyed I mean they more than doubled them up 53-24. If Miami was to somehow play either Minnesota or Memphis in the Finals, just yikes. I don't see how Miami could keep up with either of those teams when healthy with their just laughably superior rebounding. They really, really need to find another rebounder. If I was the Heat I would move heaven and earth (aka Bosh) to try and either steal Love from Minnesota if he is truly disgruntled or Varejao from Cleveland. Still think the Heat were fucking stupid as hell for trading their last first round pick for essentially nothingness rather than taking Draymond Green a guy who could come off the bench and do everything LeBron does for them at a lower level, especially rebound which they desperately need.

Grats Cats on loss #12 in a row and this time you only led by 18 in the third against the Lakers and still blew it.
    Last edited by conscript; 2012-12-19 at 12:01 PM.

Herald of the Titans Skarsguard's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Whats with the Spurs they are like 1-3 or something the last 4 games ehh.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by skarsguard View Post
    Whats with the Spurs they are like 1-3 or something the last 4 games ehh.
    They probably just stopped caring for a week. They'll run off another 10-12 game streak here soon enough.