10+ Year Old Account
    If he can get Cleveland a title, then I'm all for it. At this point ,he better, or he's not as great as they say.

I realize LeBron is the best player in the league, and him going to X location is both ''juicy'' and has big ramifications on not only himself, but other signings as well, but...

If we could discuss the NBA without having to discuss LeBron, I would be so happy. I still ''don't like LeBron'', but I've just had enough hearing about it. There's more to talk about.

So, Lakers lost Gasol. So now we're even more irrelevant than last season. I don't like it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think there's a lot of athletes worth hating, but Lebron isn't one of them. I think what he did was brilliant. I just wish he'd have choose Chicago for his "college trip". heh heh heh. Unfortunately the Cavs are division rivals, so i'll probablly be liking him a little less than I have been once the season gets started.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think him going to CLE is great, but it does not excuse his past douche moves. I mean people still rip on Jordan for leaving basketball for a year, and for being a douche to his teamates, and yet Lebron is untouchable?

I am sick of this touchy feely NBA. Where are the rivalries anymore? after a "hard fought" game, they all hug and fist bump and smile and joke. No animosity at all. I miss IND/DET! (Though I could have done without the "malice at the palace")
    You're a towel.

10+ Year Old Account
    Micheal Jordan is a saint, stop spitting those lies!!!!! Heh. Anyway, so long as he doesn't murder anyone, he can do no wrong in my book. Although I do feel like he tried to poison the well when he retired the second time, but I understand why he did it.

Bulls Heat was a nice rivalry, probably will be in the future along with Bulls and Cavs. Bulls and Celtics have had their moments too. I think there are plenty of rivalrys to speak of in the nba.
    Last edited by SL1200; 2014-07-13 at 01:57 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    those are team rivalries, not players. The players are all chummy. Using Bill Simmons argument again, its all just so hunky dory, they are all way to good of friends to have a real rivalry.
    You're a towel.

Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    I think him going to CLE is great, but it does not excuse his past douche moves. I mean people still rip on Jordan for leaving basketball for a year, and for being a douche to his teamates, and yet Lebron is untouchable?
    So, on one hand, you think the WWE-stylized entrance ceremony, which was essentially a pep rally for the Heat fans (you ever been to one of those for high school or post-sec?), is laughably bad. Fine. That's your opinion. Then you say this kind of shit? I am sick of this touchy feely NBA. Where are the rivalries anymore? Animosity? For what reason? For compelling story lines? Gee, sounds like WWE-stylized bullshit to me.

I'm not gonna hold anything against if you love drama in sports. How you enjoy something is up to you, but you can't possibly have said these things in such close time proximity without at least feeling embarrassed how horrendously hypocritical you are being.

And for what it's worth, Jordan is still pretty much treated like a saint so can the victim complex.

Quote Originally Posted by icedwarrior View Post
    I realize LeBron is the best player in the league, and him going to X location is both ''juicy'' and has big ramifications on not only himself, but other signings as well, but...

If we could discuss the NBA without having to discuss LeBron, I would be so happy. I still ''don't like LeBron'', but I've just had enough hearing about it. There's more to talk about.

So, Lakers lost Gasol. So now we're even more irrelevant than last season. I don't like it.
    Lebron is the most polarizing figure in the NBA. When he retires I don't know who else we'd talk about.

And lol I don't think you'd want Gasol. Bad knees and he's old now. Idk what his deal is with Chicago but I hope they didn't overpay for him.

Speaking of which, I think $120 mil for Melo seems low. I thought he could have gotten more. I guess that's his pay cut.

those are team rivalries, not players. The players are all chummy. Using Bill Simmons argument again, its all just so hunky dory, they are all way to good of friends to have a real rivalry.
    Because at any second they might become teammates or want to team up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jreg View Post
    So, on one hand, you think the WWE-stylized entrance ceremony, which was essentially a pep rally for the Heat fans (you ever been to one of those for high school or post-sec?), is laughably bad. Fine. That's your opinion. Then you say this kind of shit? I am sick of this touchy feely NBA. Where are the rivalries anymore? Animosity? For what reason? For compelling story lines? Gee, sounds like WWE-stylized bullshit to me.

I'm not gonna hold anything against if you love drama in sports. How you enjoy something is up to you, but you can't possibly have said these things in such close time proximity without at least feeling embarrassed how horrendously hypocritical you are being.

And for what it's worth, Jordan is still pretty much treated like a saint so can the victim complex.

It is NOWHERE NEAR THE SAME THING. And if you think this phony crap letter "Lebron wrote" is good, or if you think the "Decision' was good, or if you liked that welcoming video...perhaps the WWF would be better for you.

High school is completely different then a professional league, sorry.

You think players disliking each other and wanting to tear each others throats out on the court is fake drama, comparable to that crap? Please..

Jordan treated like a saint? Look at the hate he gets in this very thread. The same people applauding James for being a complete douche are the ones ripping on Jordan, probably because they know there hero will never be even within close distance of as good as Jordan was.

- - - Updated - - -

Melo basically saying "I value the money more then ever winning a title" which is his perogative so no point ripping on him for that...as an NBA fan I'd rather see him going to a team that could compete, but what can you do.

- - - Updated - - -

I forgot, for every negative thing you say about Lebron James you have to say 20 "Hail Lebron's" I better get on that.
    You're a towel.

Waittress asked how many bottles. I said 23.

God damn why aren't you guys following songs these days and not getting these references.

10+ Year Old Account
    I never ONCE said I liked Lebron. I just said I didn't hate him, huge difference. Do you REALLY think that Lebron wrote that? If so I weep for the state of our educational system.

- - - Updated - - -

"not going to do any press conferences, straight to work!"

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=espn:11208587

oopsiedoopsies! Such a good strong letter from such a good, truth telling man!

- - - Updated - - -

Paul Pierce to Wizards for 2 years 11m..interesting decision there. Could be nice to have veteran leadership on that team.
    You're a towel.

NOOOOO WE LOST PP?!

That's not even a bad contract. Only $5.5 a year.

- - - Updated - - -

Actually I'm not gonna lie. PP had a little too much confidence for game winning shots. However, I do feel bad that him and KG had to play so many minutes for the Nets since others were injured. That wasn't nice.

It is NOWHERE NEAR THE SAME THING. And if you think this phony crap letter "Lebron wrote" is good, or if you think the "Decision' was good, or if you liked that welcoming video...perhaps the WWF would be better for you.
    Did I say any of these things? No. Drop your infantile sense of superiority.

High school is completely different then a professional league, sorry.
    You realize teams hold pep rallies for fans all the time right? The Heat did the same thing when Shaq showed up. They did the same thing after they won in 2006. 2012. 2013. It's their thing. Toronto held pep rallies during this past season's playoffs. Not sure why this is such a sticking point for you. I'm done talking about this.

You think players disliking each other and wanting to tear each others throats out on the court is fake drama, comparable to that crap? Please..
    Does it matter if it's "fake" or "real"? It's still drama. It still sells. People sure as hell didn't watch games between intense rivals because it was a reflection of their own lives, or a matter of coming of age.

I think I know quite a bit about the sour bitterness of rivalry, the putrid taste of defeat that comes with it. The Heat couldn't buy a god damn win against the Knicks in the 90s when it came to the post-season. This despite our higher (sometimes significantly so) seeding. These teams hated each other passionately. Where has that led them ultimately? None of these players hate each other anymore. Hell, these teams don't even hate each other anymore.

The only place where this bitter 90s rivalry resonates is amongst the fans who witnessed it. Is it real because it was cursory? Does it matter? The outcome was still WWE spectacle. I don't care for it.

Jordan treated like a saint? Look at the hate he gets in this very thread. The same people applauding James for being a complete douche are the ones ripping on Jordan, probably because they know there hero will never be even within close distance of as good as Jordan was.
    This is really desperately grasping at straws... Jordan from the overwhelming majority is treated like a saint. What some random dudes say on what is effectively an irrelevant forum does not reflect the public discourse in the slightest. I have made it a point not to compare the two, or many other players for that matter. You end up losing sight of why you love the game. You've made this mistake before but you seem to apply what other people have said while regarding me. Stop.

I forgot, for every negative thing you say about Lebron James you have to say 20 "Hail Lebron's" I better get on that.
    There's a difference between dickriding a player, and engaging with someone who is apparently incapable of holding rational discourse.

10+ Year Old Account
    Last warning, drop the petty insults.

Quote Originally Posted by jreg View Post
    You realize teams hold pep rallies for fans all the time right?
    I wonder how you get invited to the pep rallies. Clearly only LBJ's 7 rings one was famous but hmmmm.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    I wonder how you get invited to the pep rallies. Clearly only LBJ's 7 rings one was famous but hmmmm.
    I would imagine money is involved.
    You're a towel.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Packers01 View Post
    Remember folks, this guy likes lebron! Also you seem to think people care if you like Lebron, I doubt anyone does. I find people respond when someone post opinion as fact, like most of your post. For example to have any sort of proof that someone else wrote the letter?

- - - Updated - - -

So do they plan on playing Gibson at the 3? Otherwise the Pau signing seems strange to me. You have Noah at center, taj and pau at PF and they are tringing to bring that kid over from Spain. who I thought was a PF. Where do all the minutes go?
    I think the Idea is not to have to ride Noah so hard. He has a history of injuries, plantar fasciitis in particular. If they're not going to pay him what the Lakers offered it's not a bad deal. If they're paying him what the Lakers were willing to, then it's a bad deal for the Bulls. I think Gibson will be starting Pf Noah is starting center, with Mirotic backing up Gibson, and Gasol backing up Noah. I don't know much about Mirotic but he may be able to play at the 3.

I'm still expecting them to attempt a trade this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Packers01 View Post
    Remember folks, this guy likes lebron! Also you seem to think people care if you like Lebron, I doubt anyone does. I find people respond when someone post opinion as fact, like most of your post. For example to have any sort of proof that someone else wrote the letter?

- - - Updated - - -

So do they plan on playing Gibson at the 3? Otherwise the Pau signing seems strange to me. You have Noah at center, taj and pau at PF and they are tringing to bring that kid over from Spain. who I thought was a PF. Where do all the minutes go?
    I started reading this quote, and half way through I was like "I bet Gumboy wrote this". Sure enough I was right. How sad is that?

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    You cared enough to post.

10+ Year Old Account
    Starting to wonder if the Bulls wont just keep Boozer on the roster. His expiring contract could be valuable in a trade later this year.