Quote Originally Posted by bergmann620 View Post
    Enforcer was a lot more important 25 years ago. None of the teams that are contenders employ those tactics that now that the Pacers have descended back into the bucket. In any case, any large bench player will do if needed
    I dunno, UD (and Pittman) did some work the past few years. Bird ran Hansborough out of Indy cuz Hansman didn't want any part of that stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.

10+ Year Old Account
    New rumors have Phoenix making a new bid for Kevin Love with Eric Bledsoe being offered up. Love to Cleveland may not be a done deal after all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SL1200 View Post
    New rumors have Phoenix making a new bid for Kevin Love with Eric Bledsoe being offered up. Love to Cleveland may not be a done deal after all.
    Not going to happen.

So I've watched every minute of the exhibition games so far, and my awards go as follows:

Most Important Player: Steph Curry.

Most dissapointing player that will make the team anyway: Demarcus Cousins (how much is just injury and style of internation play, I don't know)

Player that I personally found most fun to watch: Tie between Curry and Faried

Player that I did not think would make the team but played there way on: Plumlee (Extremely good minutes from him for a big man in international play)

Biggest enigma: Rose. Probably going to catch heat for saying this here, but he has been outplayed by both curry and irving. I keep hearing people saying he is looking great, but I just don't see it yet. Maybe its the limited minutes/time I get to see him, he has looked good in flashes..but nothing like curry.

Curry just looks so damn smooth playing. Everyone talks about his scoring, but when he does pass it is so damn smooth.

Also I heard a story that he got carded while eating out at a restaraunt with liquor while out on the town last week.

- - - Updated - - -

Well the team was cut down to 12; no real surprises. The fact that people are bitching about plumlee making it because he is white on ESPN just tells me those people were not watching the games.

Seriously, go to the ESPN article about the cuts and see the comments about how they are just taking plumlee because he is white. It is so blatantly racist "Guess they needed the token white boy!"....when anybody who watched the games knew full well he was playing more then good enough to make the team.
    Last edited by Gumboy; 2014-08-23 at 04:45 AM.
    You're a towel.

They cut it down even further lol? I thought there were 16. 12 seems small.

Not like I care about any of the guys cut. Damian Lillard maybe, but...

10+ Year Old Account
    12 is the number they need to be at by next friday. They are at 12 now, so this is the final roster. I really like Lillard, but...curry/irving/rose all are better, they have a glut of good 3 pt shooters as well.
    You're a towel.

Dame is my guy, but plays no defense. For Rip City to make a run, they'll need him to be able to d up that plethora of hot notch PGs out west.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    12 is the number they need to be at by next friday. They are at 12 now, so this is the final roster. I really like Lillard, but...curry/irving/rose all are better, they have a glut of good 3 pt shooters as well.
    Looks like Irving is going to be the starter. Someone even said he's been spotted on the defensive end
    indignantgoat.com/
    XBL: Indignant Goat | BattleTag: IndiGoat#1288 | SteamID: Indignant Goat[/B]

10+ Year Old Account
    Irving has been playing fine as well. I would prefer Curry because he is a flat out better player, but whatevers.
    You're a towel.

Team USA FIBA 2014 vs. 2014 Spurs (or the predicted 2015 Cavs) in NBA Finals. Who wins?

Seems like obvious answer is Team USA starpower but lol these guys aren't super coordinated with each other and its not like they have the biggest baddest people NBA has to offer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Um its a completely different game. The international 3 point line is different, goaltending is mostly legal. Can't really say, its like saying "Who would win an NFL football game, the best arena football team or the worst NFL team?!" (Except the NFL team would still win obviously in this case)
    You're a towel.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    It doesn't matter, team USA wins easily whether it's International rules or NBA rules.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hm, not so sure about that. Are we saying they have all season to mesh as well? Or just thrown together and put them out there? Not much defense on that team.
    You're a towel.

Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    Um its a completely different game. The international 3 point line is different, goaltending is mostly legal. Can't really say, its like saying "Who would win an NFL football game, the best arena football team or the worst NFL team?!" (Except the NFL team would still win obviously in this case)
    I love that debate. People like to always ask if this years college champ could be the Jags etc. And the answer always ends up being no, the NFL team considers of the best players from all schools, and the college champ might only play against a few each game that only sniff a combine.

All, except, my 2001 Canes that would have probably beaten half of the NFL.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would take the Nba champions over an all-star team or team USA.

Well, if you're choose the current team USA, the spurs would probably end up winning, due to chemistry and better coaching. Hypothetically though, team USA would beat any NBA team if allowed to field the best roster possible though.

Quote Originally Posted by Packers01 View Post
    They would have been lucky to beat 1 tam with ken Dorsey at QB.
    Dilfer, Flacco, Mark Rypien, Doug Williams, Troy Aikman, etc etc quite Mediocre QBs that have rings.

Quote Originally Posted by Valq View Post
    Well, if you're choose the current team USA, the spurs would probably end up winning, due to chemistry and better coaching. Hypothetically though, team USA would beat any NBA team if allowed to field the best roster possible though.
    Well obviously best possible roster is different. But this team Usa is getting chosen from people who want to join (AKA "im not risking my ass for some stupid ass not-as-popular-as-soccer world tournament. That ain't gone get me no rings. If you need me I'll be at the club or maybe at my mansion @ Hawaii. Enjoy your fucked up European rules fags.").

But it is interesting to have like some of the first and second tier marquee NBA names, who only come together for like 2 months vs. The champs who have played together all season and playoffs.

For a 7 game series I think I'd take the Spurs.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Well obviously best possible roster is different. But this team Usa is getting chosen from people who want to join (AKA "im not risking my ass for some stupid ass not-as-popular-as-soccer world tournament. That ain't gone get me no rings. If you need me I'll be at the club or maybe at my mansion @ Hawaii. Enjoy your fucked up European rules fags.").

But it is interesting to have like some of the first and second tier marquee NBA names, who only come together for like 2 months vs. The champs who have played together all season and playoffs.

For a 7 game series I think I'd take the Spurs.
    In a 7 game series, with the current teams, the Spurs win, probably in 5-6 games, their offense and coaching is on a whole different level.

Although an MVP form Derrick Rose (f*ck the NBA, D-Rose has and MVP and D-Wade won't ever sniff one) and Anthony Davis could make it very interesting.

10+ Year Old Account
    Rose is def not in his MVP form, and never will be again most likely. Coming back from two leg injuries does not happen very often, and watching the game earlier...Lillard would have been a better choice. But Rose is a bigger name I guess soooo..
    You're a towel.

Rose could very much return to MVP form, he's as athletic as ever, he just needs practice, and his problems are not chronic, so no reason for him not to restore his form, although arguably, he was never worthy of that MVP, I could think of about 6 players that season that deserved the MVP more than he did, but oh well, just like LBJ and Kobe finished ahead of D-Wade in the '08-'09 season where he was beasting.