1. #7841
    Pit Lord Packers01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Midwest
    Posts
    2,250
    Everyone's an atheist, some people just take it one god further.

    What has America come to where you get suspended from your job for simply stating your belief that all member of a minority group should be eradicated while addressing employees during a work meeting? Political correctness has run amok.

  2. #7842
    Herald of the Titans Gumboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    2,936
    Is that showing the friendlies as well? Because I thought they had a game at west point coming up?
    Signatures are for squares! Oh wait...

  3. #7843
    Legendary! Blueobelisk's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    6,592
    Oh thanks Lakers01.

    2014 USA Basketball Men’s National Team Tour Schedule

    Date Game Venue Location Time TV
    Aug. 20 USA-Dominican Republic Madison Square Garden New York, NY 7 p.m. NBA TV
    Aug. 22 USA-Puerto Rico Madison Square Garden New York, NY 7 p.m. ESPN2
    Aug. 26 USA-Slovenia Gran Canaria Arena Gran Canaria, Spain 2 p.m. ESPN2
    2014 FIBA Basketball World Cup Schedule
    Date Game Venue Location Time TV
    Aug. 30 USA-Finland Bizkaia Arena Bilbao, Spain 3:30 p.m. ESPN
    Aug. 31 Turkey-USA Bizkaia Arena Bilbao, Spain 3:30 p.m. ESPN
    Sept. 2 USA-New Zealand Bizkaia Arena Bilbao, Spain 11:30 a.m. ESPN
    Sept. 3 Dominican Republic-USA Bizkaia Arena Bilbao, Spain 3:30 p.m. ESPN
    Sept. 4 Ukraine-USA Bizkaia Arena Bilbao, Spain 11:30 a.m. ESPN
    Round of 16 – Sept. 6-7

    Quarterfinals -- Sept. 9-10

    Semifinals -- Sept. 11—12

    Bronze Medal Game – Sept. 13

    Gold Medal Game – Sept. 14

    All times Eastern

    ---------------------------------------------------

    Wait what the fuck is with that stuff being at Madison Square Garden. Should I be going to see this shit?

    - - - Updated - - -

    The scumbag seats cost $62. The pretty solid seats are like $226.

    I don't really care that much lol. I actually think I'd only pay big $$ to see a game is for a social occasion now (like to bond with grandpa or something). Going for the sake of supporting a team seems stupid unless you get season ticket savings.

    I wish I could get someone to share buying season tickets with. Like at least a 4 way. Wouldn't mind splitting only seeing 4 games (from baller seats) with 10 other people. 'Was checking Orlando Magic Loge (private 4 box premium seating) prices and its like $40-60k. $40k/11 people sharing (since you have to buy whole season) = $3636. It's like $909 per game ($227 per seat) but you get like waiters that come over to you + pro seats + I think you go to the Amway Arena's restaurant. Probably shitty food but if I had 3 family member's we'd stuff our faces.

    Speaking of which, my peasant self has to check Orlando single game prices. I might defer 6 months of school and spend some time with grandparents in FL while working on company, so I'll be free lols...

    Looking for graphic artist to draw simple pictures. PM me for details. (For now the position is filled. You can still PM me.)

  4. #7844
    If Matrix has anything left in the tank, that could be a real nice pickup.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

  5. #7845
    Herald of the Titans Gumboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    2,936
    Anyone else see that naked kobe statue some guy made with a big ol snake wrapped around it? I want to order that bitch for my front yard! Thing looked fly as hell.
    Signatures are for squares! Oh wait...

  6. #7846
    The Lightbringer bergmann620's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Stow, Ohio
    Posts
    3,541
    Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post
    If Matrix has anything left in the tank, that could be a real nice pickup.
    He's almost gotta have 15 minutes a night of corner-3's-and-D left in the tank.

    Shit, by minutes played, Ray Allen was the starting two-guard for the Heat last year, and he's like 3 years older?
    Life: bergmannity.com/ | Gaming: indignantgoat.com/
    XBL: Indignant Goat | BattleTag: IndiGoat#1288 | SteamID: Indignant Goat

  7. #7847
    Legendary! Blueobelisk's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    6,592
    7 PM NBATV. It's kind of Jepoardy time but I'll try to be there.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Just caught the game. It's actually pretty boring. Low intensity. But it's held in New York so...not a shocker there.

    - - - Updated - - -

    DRose sat out because his knee was sore. I very honestly don't think it's anything, but I bring it up because there's nothing else to talk about ZZZZ.

    Looking for graphic artist to draw simple pictures. PM me for details. (For now the position is filled. You can still PM me.)

  8. #7848
    Herald of the Titans Gumboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    2,936
    I thought he specifically said it was NOT his knee that was sore, that it was just fatigue in general?

    Also complete blowout :P
    Signatures are for squares! Oh wait...

  9. #7849
    Quote Originally Posted by bergmann620 View Post
    He's almost gotta have 15 minutes a night of corner-3's-and-D left in the tank.

    Shit, by minutes played, Ray Allen was the starting two-guard for the Heat last year, and he's like 3 years older?
    "Well, you won't be a "starter", but come on, you're Ray Allen."
    "I guess I'm taking my talents to South Beach"

    Who on the Cavs is going to be Bron's enforcer? He left Bird and UD, brotha like Bron needs his henchmen.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

  10. #7850
    The Lightbringer bergmann620's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Stow, Ohio
    Posts
    3,541
    Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post
    "Well, you won't be a "starter", but come on, you're Ray Allen."
    "I guess I'm taking my talents to South Beach"

    Who on the Cavs is going to be Bron's enforcer? He left Bird and UD, brotha like Bron needs his henchmen.
    Enforcer was a lot more important 25 years ago. None of the teams that are contenders employ those tactics that now that the Pacers have descended back into the bucket. In any case, any large bench player will do if needed
    Life: bergmannity.com/ | Gaming: indignantgoat.com/
    XBL: Indignant Goat | BattleTag: IndiGoat#1288 | SteamID: Indignant Goat

  11. #7851
    Herald of the Titans Gumboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    2,936
    http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/11...cavaliers-deal

    Minnesota expected to get Thaddeous Young, Wiggins, and Bennett in the trade, dayum thats quite a haul.

    "Mbah A Moute and Shved" and the cavs first rounder (will be a late pick anyway) for Thaddeous Young.
    Signatures are for squares! Oh wait...

  12. #7852
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/11...cavaliers-deal

    Minnesota expected to get Thaddeous Young, Wiggins, and Bennett in the trade, dayum thats quite a haul.

    "Mbah A Moute and Shved" and the cavs first rounder (will be a late pick anyway) for Thaddeous Young.
    That's an amazing haul for the Timberwolves. Thaddeus Young for essentially a 1st round pick. That pick might be Memphis or Miami's that Cleveland owns (Probably Miami's). Cleveland gave up their own 1st to Boston on that Jarret Jack deal last month.

  13. #7853
    Herald of the Titans Gumboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    2,936
    Also thaddeus is a super cool name, reminds me of like a frankenstein movie or something for some reason.
    Signatures are for squares! Oh wait...

  14. #7854
    Pit Lord Packers01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Midwest
    Posts
    2,250
    Quote Originally Posted by daltron View Post
    That's an amazing haul for the Timberwolves. Thaddeus Young for essentially a 1st round pick. That pick might be Memphis or Miami's that Cleveland owns (Probably Miami's). Cleveland gave up their own 1st to Boston on that Jarret Jack deal last month.
    As @JerryZgoda 1st reported, Minny's Luc Mbah a Moute, Alexey Shved and Heat '15 1st-rounder go to 76ers for Thad Young. Deal done Saturday.
    Everyone's an atheist, some people just take it one god further.

    What has America come to where you get suspended from your job for simply stating your belief that all member of a minority group should be eradicated while addressing employees during a work meeting? Political correctness has run amok.

  15. #7855
    Quote Originally Posted by bergmann620 View Post
    Enforcer was a lot more important 25 years ago. None of the teams that are contenders employ those tactics that now that the Pacers have descended back into the bucket. In any case, any large bench player will do if needed
    I dunno, UD (and Pittman) did some work the past few years. Bird ran Hansborough out of Indy cuz Hansman didn't want any part of that stuff.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

  16. #7856
    Herald of the Titans SL1200's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois.
    Posts
    2,893
    New rumors have Phoenix making a new bid for Kevin Love with Eric Bledsoe being offered up. Love to Cleveland may not be a done deal after all.

  17. #7857
    Herald of the Titans Gumboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    2,936
    Quote Originally Posted by SL1200 View Post
    New rumors have Phoenix making a new bid for Kevin Love with Eric Bledsoe being offered up. Love to Cleveland may not be a done deal after all.
    Not going to happen.


    So I've watched every minute of the exhibition games so far, and my awards go as follows:

    Most Important Player: Steph Curry.

    Most dissapointing player that will make the team anyway: Demarcus Cousins (how much is just injury and style of internation play, I don't know)

    Player that I personally found most fun to watch: Tie between Curry and Faried

    Player that I did not think would make the team but played there way on: Plumlee (Extremely good minutes from him for a big man in international play)

    Biggest enigma: Rose. Probably going to catch heat for saying this here, but he has been outplayed by both curry and irving. I keep hearing people saying he is looking great, but I just don't see it yet. Maybe its the limited minutes/time I get to see him, he has looked good in flashes..but nothing like curry.



    Curry just looks so damn smooth playing. Everyone talks about his scoring, but when he does pass it is so damn smooth.


    Also I heard a story that he got carded while eating out at a restaraunt with liquor while out on the town last week.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Well the team was cut down to 12; no real surprises. The fact that people are bitching about plumlee making it because he is white on ESPN just tells me those people were not watching the games.

    Seriously, go to the ESPN article about the cuts and see the comments about how they are just taking plumlee because he is white. It is so blatantly racist "Guess they needed the token white boy!"....when anybody who watched the games knew full well he was playing more then good enough to make the team.
    Last edited by Gumboy; Today at 04:45 AM.
    Signatures are for squares! Oh wait...

  18. #7858
    Legendary! Blueobelisk's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    6,592
    They cut it down even further lol? I thought there were 16. 12 seems small.

    Not like I care about any of the guys cut. Damian Lillard maybe, but...

    Looking for graphic artist to draw simple pictures. PM me for details. (For now the position is filled. You can still PM me.)

  19. #7859
    Herald of the Titans Gumboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    2,936
    12 is the number they need to be at by next friday. They are at 12 now, so this is the final roster. I really like Lillard, but...curry/irving/rose all are better, they have a glut of good 3 pt shooters as well.
    Signatures are for squares! Oh wait...

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •