Quote Originally Posted by jreg View Post

Asked Dwyane Wade if he worked on his 3-point shot this summer. Answer was basically, "Nah."
    I think the Heat will play out a bit like Bosh's Raptors. 45-47 wins.

Well that's what I'm telling myself.
    Last year, Wade played in 54 games. I can't find the exact numbers, but I know they lost at least 15 of those games. Last year, you had Ray Allen filling in for Wade. This year, you have Shannon Brown/Reggie Williams.

If(when) Wade misses a game, the Heat will be starting Shannon Brown.

Of course, we can count on a solid 12pts/6reb out of McRoberts, right? Splashy signing, that.

Who knows- maybe Granger will give them 20/5/5, right?

Replacing Lebron with Luol Deng is going to cost more than 7-9 wins.

Feel free to mock me when they start out hot, but I have Miami being terrible this year.
    Life: bergmannity.com/ | Gaming: indignantgoat.com/
    XBL: Indignant Goat | BattleTag: IndiGoat#1288 | SteamID: Indignant Goat

Disagree. The only way you can really value a player for regular season wins is by checking their win share last year compared to their role in their old team, in my opinion.

Even if Lebron is the best player in the world, take him away from the team and fill his salary with other people, and have 1.25 All Stars on your team with a decent coach, you can be a playoff team.

Haven't you heard of Patrick Ewing effect? You already made me cry when you laughed at Knicks before.

Even though I think if you take KD off OKC, they go from top 2 seed to 6-8 seed. But that's a different team.

- - - Updated - - -

Btw guys I wanted to kill myself before watching these noobs on Shark Tank make it rich. Oh god. :/

Looking for graphic artists and one sound composer. PM me for details. (No pressure. Despite what the above post is like, I'm actually a nice guy.)

20/5/5 from Granger? IT seems more likely that an alien being will come down to the planet, join the Miami Heat, and use one of his six tentacle arms to dunk 14 times a game then that.

- - - Updated - - -

To defend Wade, why change something this late in your career, Kobe managed it a bit before his injury, a different playstyle that is, but adding something as drastic as a three pointer would take a ton of change and would really strain the rest of his game.
    Signatures are for squares! Oh wait...

Wade can't throw that far anyway. Most he can do is take it to hoop and crash underneath after a layup, furthering his knee damage.

Actually with Melo and Lebron losing weight, Wade probably should have focused on weight loss himself. But it's like Chris Kaman said after Dwight Howard revealed he ate like 3 pounds of candy a day: 90% of the NBA doesn't care about their bodies.

Looking for graphic artists and one sound composer. PM me for details. (No pressure. Despite what the above post is like, I'm actually a nice guy.)

Well I would say this would be the season not to need a 3 pointer since he will likely be the focal point of the offense (when healthy)

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Wade can't throw that far anyway. Most he can do is take it to hoop and crash underneath after a layup, furthering his knee damage.

Actually with Melo and Lebron losing weight, Wade probably should have focused on weight loss himself. But it's like Chris Kaman said after Dwight Howard revealed he ate like 3 pounds of candy a day: 90% of the NBA doesn't care about their bodies.
    Wade did the diet thing as well and I guess is down 15 pounds.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jibjabb View Post
    Well I would say this would be the season not to need a 3 pointer since he will likely be the focal point of the offense (when healthy)
    Would not surprise me if they centered the offense around Bosh, with Wade taking over late in the game/shot clock.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    20/5/5 from Granger? IT seems more likely that an alien being will come down to the planet, join the Miami Heat, and use one of his six tentacle arms to dunk 14 times a game then that.

- - - Updated - - -

To defend Wade, why change something this late in your career, Kobe managed it a bit before his injury, a different playstyle that is, but adding something as drastic as a three pointer would take a ton of change and would really strain the rest of his game.
    I never understood why he did no work on three more, at least the corner three. Wade is one of my favorite players but I just cant see that knee holding up for a full year anymore, hope I'm wrong.
    Everyone's an atheist, some people just take it one god further.

You can't kill a debt collector and you shouldn't kill a child-Mall Security

Mechagnome
    Quote Originally Posted by bergmann620 View Post
    Last year, Wade played in 54 games... Feel free to mock me when they start out hot, but I have Miami being terrible this year.
    Damn it dude, let me delude myself.

The point is less about developing a 3 point shot out of the blue now but more that he's been in the league how many years and hasn't bothered to develop at least one that would mildly be a threat? Yeah, it was really fun watching him attack the basket fearlessly and hit some ridiculous circus shots but that playstyle is catching up to him in a big way.

The other thing that is disappointing is that he has a pretty decent long-mid range game. It's not a stretch to say he could've extended it out to the 3 point line.

You guys gotta check out what they said on media day.

I mean. It's just a little bit interesting. They have Spurs, uhm. Cavs, Heat, and Nets. Oh and Kings too but I stopped reading then. They were last.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...nba-media-days

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/11...st-point-guard

Are they lying, stupid, or just delusional? YOU DECIDE!!
    Signatures are for squares! Oh wait...