Page 1 of 2
LastLast

how payment work

Has anyone payed anything regarding monthly fees. Other games like rift even if u had one month free you would need to give some kind of payment details to be able to play. Cant find it anywhere or is it still unavailable?

you have to add some kind of payment to get the free month. other than that you can still cancel before the month is up and add a different payment or something if you want.

same as WoW was to start.

first month wouldn't go through till after the free 30 days.

You have to either:

*enter a game time card
    or
    *enter credit card number

to be able to use your 1 free month. I'm personally buying this: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...SIN=B0067G55XS
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

I have looked everywhere for the link in the website to put in the information about credit card.. i got the game already online and payed.. just dont know where i can buy the gameplay time.

and tks for the answers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Had there been any word on whether they'll take Paypal (without a credit card)? I don't plan on doing that but I'm curious.

I have looked everywhere for the link in the website to put in the information about credit card.. i got the game already online and payed.. just dont know where i can buy the gameplay time.

and tks for the answers.

Quote Originally Posted by Shamburger View Post
    Had there been any word on whether they'll take Paypal (without a credit card)? I don't plan on doing that but I'm curious.
    Someone linked a really good site yesterday:

https://www.3v.ie/

Get a Visa # and just use your Paypal. I don't know about your question, though.
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    You have to either:

*enter a game time card
    or
    *enter credit card number

to be able to use your 1 free month. I'm personally buying this: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...SIN=B0067G55XS
    Since when do you need to enter a payment method for a free month? I doubt that.

cant find any link on the website to buy game time, has anyone found it yet?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by iggie View Post
    Since when do you need to enter a payment method for a free month? I doubt that.
    This has been the case for every MMO I've ever played including Rift, WoW and Aion. This will be the case for TOR as well.

Subscription link is not active yet. You will be able to soon. Most likely during EGA.

Had to when i tried out Rift a few months back.
    Yub Yub

Deleted
    You need to enter the payment method so the company can charge you as soon as the free month ends.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    Someone linked a really good site yesterday:

https://www.3v.ie/

Get a Visa # and just use your Paypal. I don't know about your question, though.
    That was me

Quote Originally Posted by iancurtis_draenor View Post
    Has anyone payed anything regarding monthly fees. Other games like rift even if u had one month free you would need to give some kind of payment details to be able to play. Cant find it anywhere or is it still unavailable?
    Massives don't come with free months... If you think they do, I have some things to sell you : )

As for SWTOR... Just logged into my account, and I'm not even seeing a subscription link anywhere... Maybe the information isn't out yet. They don't have my CC info yet, and I'll be in the early access stuff.

I imagine they won't ask for payment info until the time included with the game is up however.

-Alamar

According to the official FAQ (which I am not allowed to provide a link to due to my lack of posts here):

If I pre-order Star Wars: The Old Republic but don’t purchase or obtain the full version of the Game, may I continue to play past the Early Game Access period?

The Game officially launches on December 20th, 2011 at 12:01AM EST (Pacific: December 19th, 9:01PM PST; European: December 20th, 05:01AM GMT, 06:01AM CET). There will be no ‘grace period’ post launch in which those who are in Early Game Access will be able to continue to play the Game without completing the following required steps for launch:

1. Fill out your contact information
    2. Set up minimum 3 - maximum 5 security questions to protect your SWTOR account
    3. Redeem a Product Registration Code (This is different from your Pre-Order Code. Your Product Registration Code is the code tied to the official Game.)
    4. Sign up for a recurring subscription or enter a Pre-Paid Game Time Code

You will have the option of completing these steps during the Early Game Access period so that you are ready to play upon the Game’s official launch.
    swtor DOT com/preorder/faq#q209656

no it's been stated you have to put a valid credit card or game card in before starting the free 30 days. as others have said it's the same with other mmo's don't act surprised.

again you have the option to cancel or change payment method during the free month.

It was like that for Earth and Beyond, Lineage 2, CoH/CoV, and WoW Vanilla(the few P2P MMO's I've played). CC or Time Card number was required to activate the account but the free month took priority over the other payment.

Quote Originally Posted by AlamarAtMMOC View Post
    Massives don't come with free months... If you think they do, I have some things to sell you : )

As for SWTOR... Just logged into my account, and I'm not even seeing a subscription link anywhere... Maybe the information isn't out yet. They don't have my CC info yet, and I'll be in the early access stuff.

I imagine they won't ask for payment info until the time included with the game is up however.

-Alamar
    They've already stated in their FAQ that you have to set up payment options (credit card, paypal, gamecard) prior to being able to log in on the 20th and beyond. Nothing will be charged to your account until the end of the included 30 days.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dedweight View Post
    It was like that for Earth and Beyond, Lineage 2, CoH/CoV, and WoW Vanilla(the few P2P MMO's I've played). CC or Time Card number was required to activate the account but the free month took priority over the other payment.
    I remember that wow needed a credit card to create a trial when i first wanted to try it, mind you i skipped until tbc went out.