Dagger drops in Dragon Soul

Why are does deathwing drop agility daggers? Is it not a complete waste of a loot spot, given how easy the rogue baby-legendaries are to get?

Does anyone else see this as an issue? Not to mention the one that drops from Hagara, oh and the throwing weapon that drops from Morchok. It just really seems like this loot table was not thought out. I can understand a rogue heavy loot table, but this seems way over the top. Any thoughts.

(PS yes I am mad that both of our deathwing kills have dropped that stupid ass dagger that no body needs.)
    Highly skilled sharpshooter, effective against air units. Can gain the Long Rifles upgrade.

Not everyone has the 10k to buy daggers I guess. Relax man. The gear isn't the problem. the RNG is.

They needed to accommodate the LFR people as well, who dont have access to the legendary daggers.

Had two of them drop from Deathwing on our first kill.

Then there is another Agility Dagger dropping from Hagara the Stormbinder.

I suppose the Heroic version of those will see some use for the Rogues who are not first in line for their set.

Hunter loot!

I don't even care so much about my own loot, I would just like to see things drop that can be used by the group.

On a side note that dagger looks like absolute crap, you couldn't stab anything with that, should be reclassified as a mace.

But yeah I can understand raidfinder loot needed, but doesn't the 2 piece set over rule any heroic pieces?
    Last edited by siegemaster; 2011-12-09 at 04:12 AM.
    Highly skilled sharpshooter, effective against air units. Can gain the Long Rifles upgrade.

10+ Year Old Account
    Weird. I, as a rogue with the first stage of the Legendaries, killed Madness of Deathwing last night and two of the daggers. Both of the other rogues legitimately needed them as an upgrade. But, then again, they were objectively awful.
    Steve Irwin died the same way he lived. With animals in his heart.

Wouldn't the other rogues be getting their pre-legendaries over the next 2 weeks though? Sure it would help slightly on the short run, but would you rather have seen healer mace or tanking weapons?

Deleted
    It would have been great if they had made a strength one-hander with haste and a cool mechanic so that DKs would leave my souldrinker alone =P

They're obviously for enhancement shamans and hunters.

>>

Quote Originally Posted by siegemaster View Post
    Wouldn't the other rogues be getting their pre-legendaries over the next 2 weeks though? Sure it would help slightly on the short run, but would you rather have seen healer mace or tanking weapons?
    we just spent half an hour while everyone enchanted/gemmed loot from the first three bosses and took a small break to get all three of our rogues the stage one daggers resetting hagara a few times. no need to wait almost a month to get six free 397 weapons for our rogues >.>

Quote Originally Posted by StationaryHawk View Post
    They're obviously for enhancement shamans and hunters.

>>
    I dont know if this is a joke, but aren't enhancement shaman never supposed to use daggers?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by siegemaster View Post
    Why are does deathwing drop agility daggers? Is it not a complete waste of a loot spot, given how easy the rogue baby-legendaries are to get?

Does anyone else see this as an issue? Not to mention the one that drops from Hagara, oh and the throwing weapon that drops from Morchok. It just really seems like this loot table was not thought out. I can understand a rogue heavy loot table, but this seems way over the top. Any thoughts.

(PS yes I am mad that both of our deathwing kills have dropped that stupid ass dagger that no body needs.)
    These daggers have to drop, for the rogues who don't have access to the 1st stage of their Legendaries.

It's similar to holy pally loot, only used by a small percentile of raiders, but it has to be there for them.

Also, what does morchok's throwning weapon have to do with it?

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Not everyone can randomly pay 10k OP.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alcatraz_ View Post
    Not everyone can randomly pay 10k OP.
    This. also rogues who are in a 25 man group with another rogue who is getting the legendary first, hagara's heroic dagger is an upgrade over Vengeance until you can obtain stage 2 daggers.

There had to be some piece of loot to fill the painfully obvious hole created by not having a standard 1h tanking weapon anywhere in this tier. The removal of said weapons to screw pallies and warriors left a hole that was filled with LOLroguefest daggers.

Ok, fine. let hagara drop a dagger (I still do not understand how, in this day and age, someone cannot find 10k gold to spend to get their BiS for a good year, seriously, if you don't have 10k gold to spend on the single strongest item your class has gotten to date you are doing something wrong with your money). But why should Deathwing - the final boss of an expansion, which generally drops all BiS weapons, have a terribly itemized rogue dagger that is not even close to BiS, and if your average guild has the capabilities to down heroic hagara then you should have the weapons already, or be damn close to it.

The throwing weapon just seems like a complete waste of a spot - put it in the Valor or in trash drops or something. Let hard earned kills reward actual "fun" drops.

I am over it now obviously, it just seems like there could be better uses of weapon slots then these daggers, as daggers and ranged weapons and ranged weapons are generally divided into 1-pre final boss, 1 BiS, and 1 trash drop. If the daggers were set up like this it would be a moot point. Any rate, I am tired and rambling.