Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I like how this is the only thing we know about Titan.

You ask for more? Then come, traveler, to the Whispering Deep, where only the mad walk.
    Raid Idea: The Whispering Deep and Ny'alotha

Quote Originally Posted by Ihnasir View Post
    Umbra - you are a god.

15+ Year Old Account
    In-game advertising could suggest a futuristic or modern theme, which would play into the rumours that this game is going to be like Sims but in an MMO format, there is an MMO like that but I can't remember it's name (has life, perfect or something in it along those lines).

Deleted
    I suggest anyone interested in the inner working of Blizzard etc should go read this blog and all the older blog posts also. Really good stuff.

http://daeity.blogspot.com/

10+ Year Old Account
    It depends on how it's done. If it takes place in a modern/futuristic city I certainly wouldn't mind seeing ads the same way we see them in a real city. Anything else, not so much.

Deleted
    So Basically Amazon and Ebay hiding behind a Game.

It's just product placement, which we experience on a day to day basis in TV shows and movies; doesn't bother me a whole lot, if I'm honest... I can't think of a single time when I saw a product placement that swayed me to buy said product, I like to base my purchases on preference (which is based on my experience using the product) rather than advertising (of course, they could be affecting me subconsciously and I don't even know it! O.O)....
    Last edited by noteworthynerd; 2011-12-09 at 01:33 PM.

If it were something like a pop-up telling me to drink Coke'Cola, then I would raise some hell and go drink a Pepsi because f*** pop-ups.
    So long as it's an in-game poster on a wall of the city and that sort of s***, I'm totally fine with it. In fact I prefer / like it.

If any of you have played pikmin 2 with all the OH LOOK A GIANT DURACELL BATTERY, then yeah, it's a bit extreme, but I honestly found it funny and increased my enjoyment of the game.

edit: I guess I'm being a bit too much with the cursing. Guess I should numb that down a bit, as suggested by my better half.
    Last edited by Theoron; 2011-12-09 at 01:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kasere View Post
    I suggest anyone interested in the inner working of Blizzard etc should go read this blog and all the older blog posts also. Really good stuff.

http://daeity.blogspot.com/
    Except Daeity is full o' lies, cleverly covered up by just enough back-dated truth to make it believable. I believe Boubouille made a nice post explaining how he's essentially full of shit.

This so reminds me of the Futurama ep when Fry' gets commercials broadcasted in his dreams:

"Leela: Didn't you have ads in the 20th century?

Fry: Well, sure, but not in our dreams. Only on TV and radio. And in magazines and movies and at ball games and on buses and milk cartons and T-shirts and written in the sky. But not in dreams. No, sir-ee! "

Its inveitable really, if it *fits* its gonna get plastered with ads. And IMO its not to bad.

Blizz hasnt failed a game ever so I'm sure they'll do this the right way.

Quote Originally Posted by Kisho View Post
    Except Daeity is full o' lies, cleverly covered up by just enough back-dated truth to make it believable. I believe Boubouille made a nice post explaining how he's essentially full of shit.
    thats why i didnt put a link in the post,since there is this emity between boob and that guy.

Anyway,my problem here is that you pay for a game and they might force you a commercial,Now if that commercial is like in FPS which is normal to have in modern urban scenery it ok BUT anything else will be problematic,at least for me.

The bad thing is that i keep seeing moves like this from blizz which i dont really like much
    And since blizz is a big mover in the MMO genre if they do it right and made money(which will probably happen)other companies might try to do it too and the landscape of MMOs might not be as it is today(think about MMOs today and about 2 years ago)

Thakfully there are single player games too.

I think in game advertising would be great if done correctly. Imagine making a futuristic MMO or an MMO set in present times with billboards or tv screens in the main cities that advertised for pepsi or doritos. I would hope they do it intelligently, as in, don't put them in dungeons and sparsely in the open world. I don't see a reason why not to place them in major city hubs though. Most players hang out there, why not remind them that redbull is a product.

Deleted
    Activision-Blizzard
    the biggest money whores since 2004, contending with EA.

Edit: Let me clarify: When a company invents something not to improve the product but only to earn money, they shouldn't be allowed to. Money should come from improvement, not just... whatever it is Blizzard has been doing the past years, trying to take as much additional money from its customers as humanly possible while still charging full price for their products while adding little to no value to the end product. Simply put: Bad, bad, bad behaviour towards its customers.
    Last edited by mmoc64e39b9c60; 2011-12-09 at 05:19 PM.

In a futuristic or modern day based videogame i expect to see advertisements everywhere, I dont care if there for real products or fake ones its just more realistic

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by georgevonfranken View Post
    In a futuristic or modern day based videogame i expect to see advertisements everywhere, I dont care if there for real products or fake ones its just more realistic
    I agree with that, but chances ar Blizzard is just making a modern/near-modern game because
    1. Lots of people will play it because they are making it
    2. They can have advertisement in it
    Obviously we know nothing yet, but the fact that we do now that there are adverts in the game just makes it look like another way to grub money out of their already overgrubbed products. WoW? Oh sorry your purchase of the game and monthly subscription fee isn't enough, we'll also add stores for everything humanly possible. Diablo 3? Oh sorry your purchase of the game isn't enough, we'll also add a real-money AH and we'll take a cut out of it. Starcraft 2? Oh your purchase isn't enough, we'll also make it possible to sell custom maps and we'll ake a cut out of it.

See the pattern? Blizzard is at the forefront of adding "features" that don't add any value to the gameplay experience and makes sure that they can rake in more and more money, while still charging full price. As I said that is just disrespecting your customer. Blizzard is just prying away at customer integrity until they can add real-money auction-houses and sell gear for real money in say WoW. Or TITAN. Does it matter which game they eventually put it in? No, because the only thing it does is make us customers pay more for the same or worse, less.

And no I am not against mapmakers in SC2 getting some money out of their work, I am against Blizzard taking cuts out of it as that is litterally them printing money for zero effort and that is not how it should work. You increase your revenue for improving your products, that's it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sounds intriguing...

Deleted
    I think the first company that makes a F2P MMO without a cash shop is going to be huge and i think blizzard might just be able to pull it off.

Quote Originally Posted by Nielah View Post
    Quest text reads

"Find ten cans of Coca Cola in the nearby Burger King-mansion.
    Then write at least five positive points about Coca Cola and one suggestion to how Coca Cola™ could improve future advertisements.
    All rights reserved The Coca Cola Company© and Burger King Company©."

Post constructively. -3clipse
    I think that was a witty post mod. I disagree with you singling the cynical and humorous gentleman/lady out.

Quote Originally Posted by igame View Post
    I think that was a witty post mod. I disagree with you singling the cynical and humorous gentleman/lady out.
    Indeed. I don't agree with his conclusions, but stomping down on well written satire like that seems a bit heavy-handed.

As people mentioned, that just indicates that this game wont have a WoW/fantasy setting where adds wouldnt make any sense.
    Current world/futuristic will make sense for that though. Maybe it will be something like second life and a game without the typical MMORPG kind of things
    like dungeons and raids, who knows. Did Blizz mentioned somewhere that Titan gonna be an RPG or just MMO?

Deleted
    I read an article recently that said that in-game advertising has been a big flop. So I really don't understand why Blizzard would do it.

I think they're just desperate for more money. They're become quite a crappy company lately.