Deleted

Priest hit cap. (discipline pvp)

Hello,

I have one small problem...
    I do wonder why should i spell cap on disc... esp for pvp purpose...
    I know the miss chance is 4% so i need around 400hit to cap...
    Why should i spend 400 points to hit.cap rather than chose mastery or spirit ?
    Is it worth it ? ...
    If i use fear/mc 100 times 4% will be missed... so it's no so important... on the other hand ooming is a problem.
    I wait for your opinions.

Thanks & have a good day !

Most folks at Arena Junkies swear by it. I can attest that having a Fear or Mind Control be resisted can make or break a game for you.

The point is, bysorynyos, you don't cast Fear 100 times in a game. You cast it a few. And those few times you cast it, you need it to work. Otherwise, you lose.

Hit Cap removes one random chance out of the equation, and lets you regain control of that element so it's only down to your skill versus theirs, without the computer playing against you too. This is why it's also important to reach Spell Penetration cap for the same reason.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti View Post
    The point is, bysorynyos, you don't cast Fear 100 times in a game. You cast it a few. And those few times you cast it, you need it to work. Otherwise, you lose.

Hit Cap removes one random chance out of the equation, and lets you regain control of that element so it's only down to your skill versus theirs, without the computer playing against you too. This is why it's also important to reach Spell Penetration cap for the same reason.
    Alongside the fact that sometimes, you need to dispell, say a HoP... you really need it to work the first time.

In about any type of activity (wow, soccer, handball, swimming etc. etc.) it's the small details that determines the outcome of a game. The hit and spell pen cap are a detail in wow pvp.

Deleted
    I understand that, but i feel like i'm losing more games by ooming rather than from a missed fear.
    I will try some games without hit and chose then if it's worth it or not.
    Thanks for inputs.

Yes, you need the hit and spell pen. Missing on a fear, MD, MC, etc at just the wrong time is far far worse than the little bit of stats you miss out on.
    Profanity is the inevitable linguistic crutch of the inarticulate mother%$#@er.
    -
    Jamboro: 110 SPriest, Jamb: 110 Blood DK, Jambori: 110 Prot. Warrior,Jambro: 110 Frost Mage, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by bysorynyos View Post
    I understand that, but i feel like i'm losing more games by ooming rather than from a missed fear.
    I will try some games without hit and chose then if it's worth it or not.
    Thanks for inputs.
    I really ought you to get those caps. If you're ooming alot, then it's more a question about lack of game knowledge/communication with your team mates rather than that ekstra 400 something.
    If you watch the pro healers play, you will notice alot of them takes every opportunity to drink, alongside their incredible knowledge of mana preserving and choosing the right spell to cast. They communicate whenever they're running low on mana so the other two know they're gonna play defensive/disruptive to create a drink opportunity. You can watch alot of good healing games at Blizzard tournament sites for free if you want to learn more

Deleted
    Yes, was a good decision to cap hit :d i hate so much to miss a mc.

As people have said, hit and Spen effects Fears and MCs, and you don't want those missing or being resisted.

On a somewhat related note; seems a lot of DKs didn't get the memo on Spen, the first Death Grip I resisted was hilarious, but after the 50th time it's just gotten sad.
    Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament
    You would think that after all these years people would have realized that the people at Blizzard aren't sorcerors and are hindered by technology just like the rest of us mortals.
    Quote Originally Posted by stormcall
    I will never understand why so many people who quit can't just QUIT and move on, and instead feel the need to come tell everyone about it, as if they just won the $100 million jackpot.

Definitely cap it, I swear by it on my warlock. That 100th cast when you get a resist and lose cause of it sucks.