Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Australia and Swtor

So apparently Oceania and Asia aren't included in worldwide release.
    -is this true?
    -will i be able to purchase a US copy play on US server on 20th December if its not released in Aus
    -when is the likely release date if its not 20th dec for oceania and Asia

thanks in advance

Quote Originally Posted by BuffaloSoldier View Post
    So apparently Oceania and Asia aren't included in worldwide release.
    -is this true?
    -will i be able to purchase a US copy play on US server on 20th December if its not released in Aus
    -when is the likely release date if its not 20th dec for oceania and Asia

thanks in advance
    Yes
    Yes but you probably need to order online (or use amazon, dunno if there are any copies left)
    Unknown, hopefully early spring.

Deleted
    - yes
    - yes
    - has not been announced yet

another question, will i experience >9k lag and other lame side effects for playing on US server

Deleted
    game is region free. that means you can play on european/us server with same key. no restrictions.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ping a random US/EU server (i don't know where BW servers are, Texas probablyin NA) and see what you get. then you'll know how bad your lag is going to be.
    Last edited by Shamburger; 2011-12-09 at 02:33 PM.

another question, will i experience >9k lag and other lame side effects for playing on US server
    If you have ever played WoW... then it'll be pretty much the same latency. Oceanic "servers" in WoW are US-based.
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

so amazon apparently only has 2 copies left, a group of about 8 friends and i were planning to play, but if we have to wait that long after release, we will probs cbf, espeically since its posponed release looks like being at the start of our uni semester

anywhere else selling copies online (other than swotor website which wont let me pre-order due to my region)

so amazon apparently only has 2 copies left, a group of about 8 friends and i were planning to play, but if we have to wait that long after release, we will probs cbf, espeically since its posponed release looks like being at the start of our uni semester

anywhere else selling copies online (other than swotor website which wont let me pre-order due to my region)
    Yes, the origin store online. One of you can download the client and just whore that USB out to move the client on all your computers. Now, I think you need a VPN or something for the online order. I had a friend use my credit card in Canada for mine.

I think if you check, amazon is only listing 2 due to it still being a preorder and the copies not being released yet. Should be 2 sellers, amazon and another that each list one due to the preorder thing.

Might be wrong on that, but i'm betting you can all order it just fine from them.

I talked to a couple aussie/NZ beta testers, and they reported very little problems, with lag around 200ms.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    If you have ever played WoW... then it'll be pretty much the same latency. Oceanic "servers" in WoW are US-based.
    I never knew that, that really sucks for them.

Quote Originally Posted by iggie View Post
    Yes, the origin store online. One of you can download the client and just whore that USB out to move the client on all your computers. Now, I think you need a VPN or something for the online order. I had a friend use my credit card in Canada for mine.
    ill see if anyone in my group of mates knows somone in US/Canada that could purchase our copies for US thanks for all the help guys

Be glad they aren't IP blocking oceanic players (I wish they were).
    Be glad you're not dying in a fire (I wish you were).

Be glad they aren't IP blocking oceanic players (I wish they were).
    Why would you wish that? Aren't you in China? If they blocked Oceanic players they would block you too.

I just don't understand why you would wish needless ill on others.

---------- Post added 2011-12-10 at 10:34 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Toralin View Post
    I never knew that, that really sucks for them.
    We get 200-400ms playing from Asia/Australia. It's not as bad as people think it is, you can still PvP/PvE at a high level. It only really matters when you're doing 2400+ PvP, and we can pay for a tunnel that'll drop it down to 150-200ms.
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    Why would you wish that? Aren't you in China? If they blocked Oceanic players they would block you too.

I just don't understand why you would wish needless ill on others.

---------- Post added 2011-12-10 at 10:34 AM ----------

We get 200-400ms playing from Asia/Australia. It's not as bad as people think it is, you can still PvP/PvE at a high level. It only really matters when you're doing 2400+ PvP, and we can pay for a tunnel that'll drop it down to 150-200ms.
    Just wishing my fate onto others is all. 150-200 with a tunneling service is about what I got in WoW.

ill see if anyone in my group of mates knows somone in US/Canada that could purchase our copies for US thanks for all the help guys
    I have a Canadian CC which I used to order mine, but I imagine sending money to a Chinese bank would be painstakingly awful. I'm sure one of your friends has a contact. You can just paypal or wire transfer said friend's bank (if trustworthy!)

Just be careful, cause BioWare is limiting the number of copies for launch (to ensure there is no overloading of servers, like WoW for example, that had to like double server count at launch in a week), so the sooner you can work it out, the better, especially with launch being just over a week away.

As to whoring it out on a USB drive.... that is a 37GB install. It's the size of WoW with all expansions right now.

order off amazon, its where i got mine

---------- Post added 2011-12-10 at 02:50 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroEdgeir View Post
    Just be careful, cause BioWare is limiting the number of copies for launch (to ensure there is no overloading of servers, like WoW for example, that had to like double server count at launch in a week), so the sooner you can work it out, the better, especially with launch being just over a week away.

As to whoring it out on a USB drive.... that is a 37GB install. It's the size of WoW with all expansions right now.
    its more like 20 gigs now, 37 was the beta

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroEdgeir View Post

Ok so an external drive then. One out of the 7 must have one.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluey111 View Post
    order off amazon, its where i got mine
    ok ill see what my mates think, surely amazon wont hage a region specific requirement for purchase