Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by BuffaloSoldier View Post
    ok ill see what my mates think, surely amazon wont hage a region specific requirement for purchase
    Do you have any friends/relatives in the US? I'm having amazon ship my box to my sister in the US so that she can just email me the code in the box.
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

10+ Year Old Account
    ok ill see what my mates think, surely amazon wont hage a region specific requirement for purchase
    Nope, Aussie here and I pre-ordered a copy myself. I'm hoping Bioware is working with Amazon to get them shipped earlier though, makes pre-order seem pointless, though I think their Community Manager for SWTOR said they're in talks with Amazon..

---------- Post added 2011-12-10 at 02:49 PM ----------

Great news *I think* Quote from Community Manager below:

OmegaJinjo
    @Rockjaw Thanks for staying in touch with us, you've definitely helped keep this controlled, but... any eta on amazon.com?
    3 hours ago Favorite Retweet Reply

Stephen Reid
    @OmegaJinjo Oops. I have been told they're shipping 'in time' for launch day.
    Doesn't give much, but I'm hoping my priority shipping makes the delivery fast.
    Last edited by NatePsy; 2011-12-10 at 03:50 AM.

In the event shipping is not a viable option i hear of people using proxy's to order from australian IP's, giving us permission to DL the client. Can we start DL early and have the client passed around on my portable hardrive so we are ready to roll on release? or is DL only available from release onwards

In the event shipping is not a viable option i hear of people using proxy's to order from australian IP's, giving us permission to DL the client. Can we start DL early and have the client passed around on my portable hardrive so we are ready to roll on release? or is DL only available from release onwards
    Anyone with a pre-order key can preload the client now. Doesn't matter where you're loading the client from. Mine is fully loaded up ready to go from Australia, with my pre-order key from amazon.

Quote Originally Posted by Deke View Post
    Anyone with a pre-order key can preload the client now. Doesn't matter where you're loading the client from. Mine is fully loaded up ready to go from Australia, with my pre-order key from amazon.
    they send you a key via e-mail on amazon? you didnt have to use any vpn or proxy to get with australian IP

if so woooot

Quote Originally Posted by Deke View Post
    FALSE. China is still blocked. Not sure about other red zoned countries.

i've played in 3 beta events now, from melbourne australia with telstra ADSL 2+ i was getting 176 - 190ms lag depending on server load.. in WoW i get about 250ms without tunneling, so the game is pretty solid from australia

Quote Originally Posted by mbrodie0 View Post
    i've played in 3 beta events now, from melbourne australia with telstra ADSL 2+ i was getting 176 - 190ms lag depending on server load.. in WoW i get about 250ms without tunneling, so the game is pretty solid from australia
    With a crappy web browsing VPN I got 400 ping, using a west coast VPN from China connecting to east coast servers. Pretty good all things considered.

Quote Originally Posted by iggie View Post
    FALSE. China is still blocked. Not sure about other red zoned countries.
    I can do it in the Philippines. I think it's just China that's giving you problems.
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

there is no blocking from australia, i got an email the other day telling me to preload my client which i could have with no issue... except i already had it installed... you dont need to VPN at all... if you preordered and have early access you can download and install the client witout any need to VPN or Proxies... i havent used any tunnels, VPN's or proxies in any of the beta events or to download the client.. it's all fine

Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    I can do it in the Philippines. I think it's just China that's giving you problems.
    The website isn't blocked, only the patch/login server. Probably a preemptive strike by Bioware

so amazon apparently only has 2 copies left, a group of about 8 friends and i were planning to play, but if we have to wait that long after release, we will probs cbf, espeically since its posponed release looks like being at the start of our uni semester

anywhere else selling copies online (other than swotor website which wont let me pre-order due to my region)
    hehehe i brought 1 of them just before when they said 3 =D

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by iggie View Post
    The website isn't blocked, only the patch/login server. Probably a preemptive strike by Bioware
    I think it's just China. Bioware being scared that China may be offended with certain things in the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    OP I'm Australian and have purchased 2 copies (myself and my partner) from Amazon with my aussie card /address and no i wont get it before the 20th but i did choose the 2-5 day courier option ($25 mind you lol) so we maybe get before xmas if lucky (doubt it tho)... if not bad luck, but we have also downloaded and installed the client with no problems, once pre order key was applied to account.

Hope that helps P.S BW have stated they have no issue with ppl importing the game to play , just that we may get some high latency so buy at your own risk kind of thing, (we are on fibre so wont be an issue for us) but something for you to think about - if your ping in wow is fine you should be fine for Tor.

Quote Originally Posted by Cherrysoul View Post
    OP I'm Australian and have purchased 2 copies (myself and my partner) from Amazon with my aussie card /address and no i wont get it before the 20th but i did choose the 2-5 day courier option ($25 mind you lol) so we maybe get before xmas if lucky (doubt it tho)... if not bad luck, but we have also downloaded and installed the client with no problems, once pre order key was applied to account.

Hope that helps P.S BW have stated they have no issue with ppl importing the game to play , just that we may get some high latency so buy at your own risk kind of thing, (we are on fibre so wont be an issue for us) but something for you to think about - if your ping in wow is fine you should be fine for Tor.
    did you get a CD key or something to allow you to DL it though?

Quote Originally Posted by NatePsychotic View Post
    I think it's just China. Bioware being scared that China may be offended with certain things in the game.
    There are multiple copies online still in China, and the website isn't blocked. Blaming China is a standard knee jerk reaction.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Marvel View Post
    I talked to a couple aussie/NZ beta testers, and they reported very little problems, with lag around 200ms.
    I can confirm this, having played in beta and getting about 250 or so. Sometimes it would spike but otherwise I found it very playable.

---------- Post added 2011-12-11 at 04:25 PM ----------

did you get a CD key or something to allow you to DL it though?
    My understanding is you preorder to get the code to allow you to download the retail client for the early access. Then, to continue playing after it launches you need a cd key.

Yet another reason why Australia sucks and America is #1

No nation bashing. -3clipse
    Last edited by 3clipse; 2011-12-11 at 09:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Requiem4aDr3am View Post
    Yet another reason why Australia sucks and America is #1
    Bioware is Canadian...

To OP: Yes if you order from Amazon, you get the pre-order key via email. Like someone else said, even with the best shipping (which is 25$) you probably won't get the game until (if you're lucky) a few days after launch, but it's not the end of the world.

To Iggie: Seriously, stop trolling this thread. This thread is about Australia, yes its so terribly sad that your thirdworld country can't play the game, but its not relevant to this thread, please go away now. Seriously, you've posted about 6 times in this thread, and each one has been look at me look at me, I'm a special snowflake because I have so much more hardship than everyone else wah wah wah. We don't care.
    Last edited by Deke; 2011-12-11 at 05:34 AM.

To OP: Yes if you order from Amazon, you get the pre-order key via email. Like someone else said, even with the best shipping (which is 25$) you probably won't get the game until (if you're lucky) a few days after launch, but it's not the end of the world.
    but not getting the actual box doesn't matter if I have a pre-order key does it? like i will be able to play until i get the box wont i?