Should procs be nerfed?

Hey PvE Hero's. Naragar here.

Now as you know this patch brought some extremely sick proc trinkets and weapons. PvP players all shout in choir, "THEY NEED TO BE NERFED!"

But now I am wondering, what do you people think about it? Do you think its fine that it does 10%+ of your total DPS in raids and such? Do you think the procs need to be nerfed?

Please respond.

Quote Originally Posted by Naraga View Post
    Hey PvE Hero's. Naragar here.

Now as you know this patch brought some extremely sick proc trinkets and weapons. PvP players all shout in choir, "THEY NEED TO BE NERFED!"

But now I am wondering, what do you people think about it? Do you think its fine that it does 10%+ of your total DPS in raids and such? Do you think the procs need to be nerfed?

Please respond.
    So far, I have seen only the 2h sword in action and its brutal. Needs to be nerfed? Honestly, after they nerfed the legendary staff, I dont see how would they justify NOT to nerf this one or probably even the others.

I see it as nice incentive to upgrade, even items that have survived tier after tier (mirror for instance) looks replaceable now. I don't PvP, and my only thought has been that the PvE content is balanced around the upgrades that drop in the raid. So no, I don't think they should be nerfed, at least without a content nerf. And I really don't want to see a content nerf.

Do you have a source for your claims on the >10% dps?

Quote Originally Posted by Raphtheone View Post
    I see it as nice incentive to upgrade, even items that have survived tier after tier (mirror for instance) looks replaceable now. I don't PvP, and my only thought has been that the PvE content is balanced around the upgrades that drop in the raid. So no, I don't think they should be nerfed, at least without a content nerf. And I really don't want to see a content nerf.

http://worldoflogs.com/reports/l6dh1...e/?s=203&e=409

we had LFR fun, but our retri pala just destroyed everyone with the proc, 967k from the proc out of 7,6M HP is about 12,5% of damage

edit: other one from Yor, after we killed HC morchok, http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-4c...=11445&e=11732 15% of his dmg

How do they balance bosses around these weapons at all?
    Last edited by Sarevokcz; 2011-12-09 at 03:39 PM.

Deleted
    I am both against and for procs, its awsome for a guild trying to progress to get a weapon that helps them by increasing DPS for a member however when a PVE proc item is used in PVP such as the legendary axe I get annoyed. Because I do PVP just to be casual, I never wanted to PVE and have never done a single dungeon. Yet I am forced to interact with people that has more powerfull items than I would ever reach because I dont have the time to spend 4-5 hours a week ingame.

On the one hand, it can be annoying that part of your DPS has to rely on a proc.
    On the other hand it can be fun to see a sudden boost in your DPS because of a proc.

In the end I have to say I personally enjoy procs more than I would having steady (boring?) DPS without procs.
    Then again, I do play a Fire Mage so it's to be expected that I like procs. 8-)

I think it makes playing more fun. But I can imagine PvP players don't like it because it's unexpected damage.

In conclusion, I like them and do not think they need to be nerfed.

That sucks. My hunter only gets ~2% from the ranged weapon proc. Didn't realize other classes was so underpowered compared to hunters they received 5-8 times stronger proc.

Thanks for the sources.

That sucks. My hunter only gets ~2% from the ranged weapon proc. Didn't realize other classes was so underpowered compared to hunters they received 5-8 times stronger proc.

Thanks for the sources.
    Polearm is a much better proc weapon for hunter than the bow.

Quote Originally Posted by PBitt View Post
    Polearm is a much better proc weapon for hunter than the bow.
    I've unsuccessfully tried to find math on polearm + Bow procs, but I'm under the impression it still won't boost the DPS by 10% or more.