Deleted

Elwynn Trees-neverending joke

So wow is like 7 years old, 7 years of improvements, bug corrections, reduced errors, etc. Still, trees in elwynn forest can be shot and casted through; this may sound like a stupid detail but hey, how many of us spend a while dueling there and that bug just makes your day. After such a long time of living with it, my guess they just left it like that on purpose. C'mon casters point a gun at me.

Deleted
    With all the problems the game has, I'm pretty sure fixing Elwynn Forest trees is pretty low on the list. I actually find it pretty strange that such a thing wasn't fixed with the old world reworking in Cataclysm.

Also just duel outside Ironforge if it's a problem or even better come join the Horde. We welcome all as long as you have a brain and are over the age of 12.

10+ Year Old Account
    Are the Elwynn Forest trees the only trees a character is able to shoot through?
    "When there is an evil justice cannot defeat, what would you do? Would you taint your hands with evil to defeat evil? Or would you carry out your own justice and succumb to that evil?". - Code Geass

Also, here is a link to my Döppelganger ^_^

10+ Year Old Account
    What if the trees AREN'T REALLY THERE!? There's an Old God under Elwynn, and he's making you believe that there are trees EVERYWHERE.

For seriousness, I'm guessing they'll never fix it if they didn't with Cataclysm.

Deleted
    careful suggesting the old god under elwynn idea, they might just take it seriously

Deleted
    Yep it's a problem. Melee's have very hard time against frost mages 1v1 without the LoS. In Arena's where you have LoS-poles its much easier.

Deleted
    To my knowledge all trees and tree-like object in this game don't cause LoS.

Deleted
    I thought they were fixed so u could shoot through them in 4.1 or something? if not, I dont care. the LoS would be incredibly unfair in duels. if they would LoS, we would all have to move to the IF dueling ground. I wouldnt really care tbh.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wiep View Post
    Yep it's a problem. Melee's have very hard time against frost mages 1v1 without the LoS. In Arena's where you have LoS-poles its much easier.
    I heard Blizzard balances PvP around 1v1 duels in Elwynn Forest

In all seriousness, I like storming Elwynn Forest with some guildies and messing up people's duels and RP. HOWLING BLAST through trees is awesome.

Deleted
    Do not try to shoot through the trees because there are no tree's

Deleted
    try to walk through the trees which are not there and you wont be able :O

10+ Year Old Account
    Same can be said about the trees in warsong gulch.
    People take stupidity to a whole new level when they sit in front of a computer.

www.poepra2.com.br Um blog para quem prefere jogos multiplayer.

If you're melee you don't have a chance against a frost mage anyways! Silly melee.

All joking aside, it's obviously a bug that I think needs to be fixed.

15+ Year Old Account
    I mean, I'd like to see it no doubt - it would be fantastic to duel outside Elwynn and be able to put Line of Sight to use since as a Shadowpriest I'm kind of balanced around not taking every arrow and interrupt to my face if I want to win.

With that said given Ghostcrawler uses the "if we had the art team make trees solid we'd have to not make a new expansion and also turn off the hot water to your house all winter, which would you rather have - solid trees or new content and hot water?" excuse for far lesser things, you won't ever see it happen I don't think.
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

imo, bigger problem is that you can get shot trough about every object in WSG (trees stumps etc). trees in that forest are lesser problem.

Have they fixed the giant stumps in WSG? If not, work on that first... bit stupid you can't LoS in a BG.
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.