Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalx View Post
    forgive my ignorance, but how does that help in the fight?
    I don't understand either, someone posted you don't take damange and you can nuke the crystals.. but won't you be out of range from them? So you are basically gimping the dps if I understand it correctly.

Deleted
    So let me get this straight - do you have to have the Magic Immunity up BEFORE you enter the bubble or can you enter, get the debuff, immunity, remove immunity and have the same effect?

Quote Originally Posted by XeroFour View Post
    It's funny because if we used this to kill the boss you would all be screaming bloody murder, and if we got banned it would be deserved right?

We new it was an exploit we deserved the punishment!

No, it's funny because you really don't earn your guild / yourself any sympathy or friends with comments like this. Just a word to the wise.

(Btw, I didn't really agree with the bans - it's understandable why it was done, but even so with hindsight it's easy to say it shouldn't have been. Personally I think they should have fixed it and just removed the loot... but hey ho, my forum posts aren't in Blue.)
    Last edited by mmoc4daf775212; 2011-12-09 at 05:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by slinx View Post
    I don't understand either, someone posted you don't take damange and you can nuke the crystals.. but won't you be out of range from them? So you are basically gimping the dps if I understand it correctly.
    This is where I'm confused, what dps classes can use this? Pallies and DKs have been mentioned, unless the crystals are closer to the inside of the area than i remember neither could do much but judge/exo or throw coils/howling blasts....
    Only see it being useful for Mages/Holy Paladins(assuming mages can pull it off/the mechanics are the same)
    Correct me if I'm wrong.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinivus View Post
    This is where I'm confused, what dps classes can use this? Pallies and DKs have been mentioned, unless the crystals are closer to the inside of the area than i remember neither could do much but judge/exo or throw coils/howling blasts....
    Only see it being useful for Mages/Holy Paladins(assuming mages can pull it off/the mechanics are the same)
    Correct me if I'm wrong.
    If it is like ZG, when you move it will be reapplied, so it would be of limited use even to Mages.
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines

Quote Originally Posted by Repefe View Post
    LFR is hardly gamebreaking for top guilds decked in 391+ ilvl gear either yet they got banned to the ground. Double standards much.
    hmmmkay... sure.

Ever heard of 4piece bonus, extra gems slots and perfect socket bonuses? i gues you havent.

And to anyone who says its a "clever use of game mechanics" you're just blind or dumb. When the effect of the immunity runs out, the damage should start hitting the player, yet it inst, it is unintented, and no matter how "usefull or not" it is, it's still giving an unitended advantage (No matter how small it is) and people might not get banned, but it should be fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by Simca View Post
    If it is like ZG, when you move it will be reapplied, so it would be of limited use even to Mages.
    Hmm so basically useless and only in certain situations would help a holy paladin be stationary and heal better during the ice phase(assuming the raid wasn't all clumped, haven't done heroic/seen the strat)
    Unless they can reach the outside all around from the very middle.

Was mainly curious because OP stated it helped DPS down the pillars which it wouldn't o_O

void Hagara_Frost_Phase ()
    {
    int num_crystals = 4;
    while (num_crystals > 0)
    {
    if (player.IceBubbleStatus == TRUE)
    {
    apply_debuff_and_tick();
    if ((player.IceBubbleStatus == TRUE) && (player.MessageReturned == "Immune"))
    {
    do
    {
    apply_debuff_and_tick(); // constantly attempt to apply the debuff even if not shown on players UI
    while (player.MessageReturned == "Immune");
    }}}}

I'm betting this clever chap with 1 post is actually trollin'

You'd still take damage I bet, and she takes 100% less damage anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by T Man View Post
    Like DK spell copy on Sinestra..
    Druids bleed on Nef
    Warlocks on Yogg

Report to blizz take a screen shot of the reply crack on!
    People still dont understand that the druid bleed thing wasnt a bug or exploit? Astounding.

On Topic:
    Report it to blizzard ... theres not much else you can do.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Simca View Post
    However, this 'exploit' is something that occurs in almost every boss fight that applies a debuff in the entire game. It's basically considered a part of Divine Shield and AMS by higher skilled players. I use it in ZG, so I guess they should ban me too.
    that's not an excuse, irrespective of how many "higher skilled" players consider it to be a legitimate part of the game. if the debuff is meant to refresh immediately after the immunity falls off, it's not clever use of game mechanics, it's an exploit, and though i wouldn't crucify people for using it, i still think it needs fixing, and some small punishment being doled out.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wonder if I can do that with Cloak of Shadows on my rogue...

15+ Year Old Account
    I think you're all missing the point here.

Melee classes exploiting to take no damage on a phase where killing things far away is the point.
    Melee classes.

Feel free to take no damage. I'll be over here initiating vote kick for not contributing.

---------- Post added 2011-12-09 at 10:39 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by conjorer View Post
    void Hagara_Frost_Phase ()
    {
    int num_crystals = 4;
    while (num_crystals > 0)
    {
    if (player.IceBubbleStatus == TRUE)
    {
    apply_debuff_and_tick();
    if ((player.IceBubbleStatus == TRUE) && (player.MessageReturned == "Immune"))
    {
    do
    {
    apply_debuff_and_tick(); // constantly attempt to apply the debuff even if not shown on players UI
    while (player.MessageReturned == "Immune");
    }}}}
    Congratulations, you just broke the server with an unconstrained loop that's now creating a DOS attack against the raid. Interesting new boss mechanic tho.
    Last edited by gherkin; 2011-12-09 at 06:40 PM.

R.I.P. YARG

Likely is an exploit.

It's obvious that blizz was aware of this exploit and banned Method/Paragon so they couldn't abuse it and their paperboys Vodka/BL could. Otherwise there is no way BL/Vodka could compete with Pargaon/Method.

Discuss.

Infracted for trolling - Wilderness
    Last edited by Wilderness; 2011-12-10 at 05:54 PM.

At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ahhhhhhhh its like Vodka smoke-bombing Magma traps on their Heroic Ragnaros kill ahhhhhhhhhhhhh ban them all!

Edit: For people thinking I'm serious, I'm not. All Blizzard will mostly likely due just like the smokebomb Magma trap bug is hotfix it and thats all.
    Last edited by Sinnermighty; 2011-12-09 at 08:56 PM.

Classic Herod: Sinnermighty - Blood Legion (Unretired)

Deleted
    I smell the Banhammer inc for all those big American Guilds

Deleted
    I have seen other people go inside that bubble and just heal through it, so I dont see why you all moan so much about it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by XeroFour View Post
    It's funny because if we used this to kill the boss you would all be screaming bloody murder, and if we got banned it would be deserved right?

We new it was an exploit we deserved the punishment!
    Their precious hard earned loot wasn't touched, they care only when loot is involved

Quote Originally Posted by Najom View Post
    that's not an excuse, irrespective of how many "higher skilled" players consider it to be a legitimate part of the game. if the debuff is meant to refresh immediately after the immunity falls off, it's not clever use of game mechanics, it's an exploit, and though i wouldn't crucify people for using it, i still think it needs fixing, and some small punishment being doled out.
    Bombardment was bugged for most of Cataclysm, causing all multi-shots cast in the next 6 seconds to benefit instead of only the next multi-shot. They fixed the bug with 4.3, then reverted it because they decided it was too much of a dps loss to fix the bug, and they're instead going to make the bug the official mechanic, and change the wording of the talent to match.

The point being, there is precedent for Blizzard deliberately choosing not to fix bugs related to class abilities doing something slightly different than the wording implies, either because they like the bugged version better or because they're testing to see which might be better.

I'm honestly not sure whether I'd consider this an exploit or not. I wouldn't do it myself, certainly... but there is precedent for bugged versions of abilities being permitted without punishment (and honestly, given how long some of those bugs have lasted, it's hard to know after a while if it even *is* a bug), as well as for using specific class abilities to circumvent portions of raid fights.

I'm slightly inclined toward exploit, but it's a close call either way... and I don't expect to see any bans, because I don't expect guilds to be inentionally exploiting this, for the reasons outlined by gherkin.

Mages can use it to DPS all 4 crystals without needing to run from ice wall. So can Spriests. So can any class just by equipping a pvp trinket.

Just sayin'