Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ...
    Improved Sprint still works, for what it's worth.

I'm going to make myself some enemies here, but this is what I think:

Obiously it is an exploit. You should be affected by the debuff as soon as your immunities wear off.

But does it count as "clever use of game mechanics" or is it "ban-worthy"?

A lot of us abuse bugs in this game, sometimes without even knowing it. Is it an exploit to be able to pass water areas on a ground mount with full speed? Yes it is. Is it ban-worthy? No, it proves to be an advantage, that does not trivialize the game (i.e. a pvp battleground).
    What about stun-jumping? Is it an exploit? Yes it is, because you are not supposed to move away from the enemy while stunned, negating the oponent's benefit from using that particular stun skill. Is it ban-worthy? No, it is not. Instead it became a central part of pvp until it got fixed with 4.3. It did not trivialize beating oponents with stun skills whatsoever.

Now look at the LFR exploit. The rules stated explicitly, that you were not supposed to get loot off a boss more than once a week. Using the exploit you COULD actually get hands on the powerful 4 set bonuses, which would made the race to world firsts in HC modes unfair to those who didn't exploit.

It is important what level the exploit is, in order to measure the degree of advantage one may receive by abusing it.

So has it been figured out if this is a bannable offense? I'm able to do it on my hunter by casting cobra shot while running into the bubble, but my GM was bitching at me and threatened to kick me if I did it again.
    <Decidedly Uncouth> Horde Mal'Ganis

Quote Originally Posted by Blada View Post
    So has it been figured out if this is a bannable offense? I'm able to do it on my hunter by casting cobra shot while running into the bubble, but my GM was bitching at me and threatened to kick me if I did it again.
    Considering it's been a known bug since the PTR [Inside loop + GM's], and even more known from numerous kills on Heroic, I'd imagine that you won't be banned for using it. Otherwise blizzard will be banning a lot of people. :|
    Druid | UI | Youtube
    R1 & 14x Glad PvPer
    Honestly US 2nd / Ally World 1st

Kind of like how a Paladin can use Divine Shield right before Seeds on Domo, and then use Hand of Protection on a friendly player before seeds, and neither player will get a seed or take damage?

Quote Originally Posted by Kalx View Post
    forgive my ignorance, but how does that help in the fight?
    If you are doing HC your hpala can just run underthere and spam heal / dispell. 1 less to run around and fuck up with frostflakes

Quote Originally Posted by Blada View Post
    Of course it isn't bannable. You're doing things that:
    a) could be done completely accidentally
    and b) are often using abilities that are designed to remove debuffs to... remove a debuff.

The idea that Blizzard would ban someone for using Divine Shield to remove a slowing effect with a damage component is ridiculous. That's exactly what the ability is meant to do. It's Blizzard's fault that the debuff doesn't re-apply after DS wears off, not yours as a player. Exploiting is the intentional abuse of a loophole in the game for an advantage.

Quote Originally Posted by Gondlem View Post
    Of course it isn't bannable. You're doing things that:
    a) could be done completely accidentally
    and b) are often using abilities that are designed to remove debuffs to... remove a debuff.

The idea that Blizzard would ban someone for using Divine Shield to remove a slowing effect with a damage component is ridiculous. That's exactly what the ability is meant to do. It's Blizzard's fault that the debuff doesn't re-apply after DS wears off, not yours as a player. Exploiting is the intentional abuse of a loophole in the game for an advantage.
    You might want to read the thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Defines View Post
    Considering it's been a known bug since the PTR [Inside loop + GM's], and even more known from numerous kills on Heroic, I'd imagine that you won't be banned for using it. Otherwise blizzard will be banning a lot of people. :|
    Just like the LFR exploit!

Quote Originally Posted by DetectiveJohnKimble View Post
    What are you talking about? Both bugs are very similar.

In frost phase of Hagara, you can run inside the bubble, take a few ticks of damage, and then use various effects to break the damage so you're immune for the duration of the frost phase, which is about a minute.

In phase 4 of Rag, you take a few ticks of Superheated damage, the stack up in a manner such that you're immune from Superheated damage unless you decide to move to another Breadth, which may be a minute or even more (if ever) into the fight.

In both cases, you're using design flaws to trivialize a major component of the damage of that part of the fight. Phase 4 had shit for damage because of this flaw, which allowed guilds to 3 heal an encounter that was not meant to be 3-healed. Yet, Blizzard didn't fix this problem, and they explained why. You can read about it in one of the news posts on mmo-champ a week ago. Whether or not you agree with that philosophy is another story, but the main point here is that it applies to this encounter.

It's even less likely they'll change anything for some boss that any hardmode guild will easily go 2 or 3/8H on. Like people said, it's an easy boss anyway, so who cares?
    What are you on about? What does Rag have to do with anything? I was merely saying if you're in water you're supposed to keep drowning after your immunity expires.

Breadth was supposed to be IMMUNITY and the only difference was that you didn't rotate 2 groups at a time in it, you had all 3 (if they meant to only have 1 group inside at a time then they made a really big mess, which I doubt). Even with that, 2 people kiting meteors, 2 people knocking from possibly outside for better direction/line of sight, a healer or 2 following the tank, 2 camps wouldn't have been that much harder, like you said, maybe 1 healer more.

I heard Paladins are pro ranged dps.

---------- Post added 2011-12-16 at 12:25 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Simca View Post
    However, this 'exploit' is something that occurs in almost every boss fight that applies a debuff in the entire game. It's basically considered a part of Divine Shield and AMS by higher skilled players. I use it in ZG, so I guess they should ban me too.
    That's a bit of a silly argument though.. Thats like saying once a Shaman has used Ghostwolf its no bug if he's immune to slow anymore.
    After a rogue uses Cloak of Shadows he retains the 90% resist chance or w/e it is.

Of course you're not supposed to retain your immunties after the buff expires, it's a obvious bug, just because it's unfixed in less "High profile" encounters does certainly not mean it's intended mechanics.

Quote Originally Posted by whatthefudge View Post
    You might want to read the thread.
    I've read the thread. Doesn't alter the fact that using an ability for the intended function isn't a bannable offence and never will be. You use Divine Shield to remove the slow and reduce incoming damage. That's what the ability is used for. You really think Blizzard is going to ban someone because the debuff doesn't reapply afterwards? How is it in any way the responsibility of the player to ensure that occurs?

Similarly, if you cast while moving and don't get a debuff, how exactly is that your fault?

It may be an exploit (arguably) do intentionally try and make this happen, but there's no real way to tell the intent in a case like this. It's totally different from a completely random thing with no connection to the intended function of the ability like rebuilding the LK platform.

Think about it this way: if you could Hammer of Justice Deathwing on heroic to interrupt the Cataclysm cast, would that be an exploit? Obviously not, since HoJ is meant to stun things, it would be Blizzard's fault for not making Deathwing immune to stuns. The same thing applies here. Nobody will ever be banned for using DS to remove a debuff.
    Last edited by Gondlem; 2011-12-16 at 11:32 AM.

Deleted
    does this still work??

Quote Originally Posted by Timoxi View Post
    does this still work??
    No......................

Deleted
    No one got banned for it...
    People stilll did it...
    This game is orsome.

Lets see how long before they fix the Warload and spine exp ^_^

It's like no reason to not go into the bubble anyway, multidot all the spike things, outheal the damage, easy.