Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dtere1 View Post
    Maybe it is? Can anyone confirm this? The selections are there to queue for other raids. Just in the main windows of LFR you only have selections for DS.
    You're queuing with the old "Raid Finder" function that was implemented in Wrath of the Lich King. The new LFR is only for Dragon Soul and can be found by pressing Ctrl+I or the button on your UI.

The system works well enough, although the loot system needs some drastic changes if it's going to work harmoniously. That str users can roll on agi bits and bobs is just plain silly, as well as agi on str. We had a hunter d/c before we pulled Madness. Needless to say, I cannot understand why, when he logged back on a minute or so after we defeated the boss, he was able to roll on (and win) both the bow and the polearm.

Anyway, it can be frustrating at times, but Blizzard was very clever in their creation of this system. They knew the more serious raiders would jump at a shot for extra gear while progressing. Or would queue on alts out of boredom. Already knowing the fights, the average guild raider is perfectly capable of carrying even the baddest of the solely-LFR raiders. So everyone gets what they want (hopefully), and everyone wins.

The Raid Finder is useless - always has been. Don't bother with it, just find a local server PUG and do it that way. It isn't a part of the new LFR system. LFR for Dragon Soul, however, works well at the moment.

I've done Dragon Soul LFR both weeks. I went 4/4 the first week (took 2 tries, as I did the last two in the first run, then picked up the first two on a later run). I think there were 4 wipes total while killing all the bosses. Each time, it's been a solo queue for me.

This week, I did a quick 4/4 on the first half - one run, 1-shot all the bosses. 2nd run, I'm 2/4 - no Deathwing kills yet. Ultrix and the boat were pretty easy - 1 wipe on the ship and that's it. Spine and Madness are quite a bit harder for LFR to handle - we had a couple of decent Madness runs, but didn't get a kill before i had to bail for guild raids. Spine I only took one shot, and a gogogogo idiot kicked the fight off before we were ready - no strategy discussion, not even a full raid.

It can be annoying - see gogogogo guy or the guy doing 10k dps complaining (loudly) that people don't know how to play, but at this point it's actually a pretty painless way to do the fights. That may change, because right now it's mostly raiders (because of the 372 gear requirement) - as they fade out and nonraiders gear up it may get a little more challenging.

my que its like 2 min i am healer

Sad that this is for DS only. Hard for people to do BH or FL when they log in. I am still working towards my P3 of the caster legendary, and it is a real pain in the ass to find a group that wants to run FL now that DS is released.

So... LFR + DS = good. Raid system + Any other raid = bad.
    Also, considering you can't progress on the Rogue legendary in the LFR version, I doubt you'd have been able to progress your Dragonwrath staff had they implemented a Firelands version as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiing View Post
    Good but i notice people jumping from lfr into normal raiding and failing terribly =/

You can almost surive standing in anything in lfr but in the normal dungeons you die. i guess people don't really know that
    Ultraxian is a good example, in LFR although it's not advisable to do it, you can just never ever push your button, especially people who have an interface that hides the button, they can go in there and not even know about the button, they'd just think it was a stand still and dps fight.

And on Morchok on my DK I didn't have to run out of the slime when he puts down the shards I just AMS and even though its not for full duration my health didn't drop much.

Quote Originally Posted by Judge Malthred View Post
    I thought LFR was only active for DS?

I have enjoyed in thoroughly so far as I seem to be a set piece magnet.

YOU ARE CORRECT SIR!

but yeah.. only available for DS... the LFR you were in was for your server only and even then it's only listing you as wanting to do the instance, it doesn't automatically queue you.

Deleted
    Yeah it's a nice tool, but I think I'll be bored with it quite quickly. I don't care that much about alts and my main has cleared normal. The annual pass makes a lot more sense now

Quote Originally Posted by wildtouch View Post
    my que its like 2 min i am healer
    eh, i pretty much get instaqueued as healer, and then don't even have to heal 90% of the time.

I have done LFR for 2 weeks now on my druid main and shaman alt. I do it on the shamy only to get 500 vps so I can get my druid the boes. However I have won only a ring on the druid whereas the sham has already the 2pc set and a belt....rng hates my druid...I see people with weapons and 4pc already...it's ridiculous.

In terms of que time, same for both +/- 2-3 min. I do it on the druid mostly for the weapons and trinkets as I am the caster number 3 in my 10 man group to receive them...

Tbh its a good thing the raid finder isnt for other tiers, can u imagine how hard it would be to organise some of the aspects of the firelands fights. Just imagine turning on ryolith or spreading/stacking on majordomo with 24 randoms. *shudder*

10+ Year Old Account
    First day of LFR when 4.3 was released, one shot all the bosses, had a good RL who explained tacs to those who didnt know it. Second week when Fall of Deathwing was available, one shot the first 2 bosses and wiped 3-5 times on spine for people to learn tacs, then one shot deathwing.

So yeah, ive had a great experience with it.

I made a point to only get into LFR runs with no bosses down. As a healer with an instant queue at peak time, I can do this.
    My first run of siege started 0/4, and ended 4/4 within about an hour and fifteen minutes, with one wipe only.
    My run of the second part started 0/4, and ended 4/4 within about an hour and some as well, with two wipes on madness.

I didn't get any gear, but other than that, it seems fine.

Its been fairly random as DPS. I've queued and it saying avg wait time 10 mins and it INSTANTLY pops. Other times it's been a little bit longer than instant but i've NEVER gone over the avg wait time.

Deleted
    LFR is good., untill you have idiot tanks on ultraxion,, BYE 2 HOURS OF MY LIFE.

Deleted
    Sad that this is for DS only. Hard for people to do BH or FL when they log in. I am still working towards my P3 of the caster legendary, and it is a real pain in the ass to find a group that wants to run FL now that DS is released.

So... LFR + DS = good. Raid system + Any other raid = bad.
    Surely you're in a guild if you're at that stage of the Legendary and I'd be amazed if 9 other people wouldn't be willing to help get you a massive boost to the raid DPS. Heck even if you aren't in a guild its surely a worthwhile thing to mention on your application if you can actually complete a Dragonwrath soon.

As for LFR, last week was good, at most really 1-2 wipes per boss and most people listened and did as told. Only ran through Fall of Deathwing on 1 character so far, but that's more because it took about 12 different queue ins to actually get Loot Ship down as either people wouldn't stack, tanks would stack and point the mobs in a way that they hit the entire group, melees would focus the drakes instead of the dudes so we would have 4+ of those up at a time.

Ultraxion was kinda alright, like the main issue for him is that unfortunately you do need people to pay attention to what they're doing and its probably a good thing you can sorta survive Hour if you screw up and are pressing the button just a fraction too late.

So far on all my Spine runs, seems people either don't want to roll Deathwing or don't have a clue about it and every first roll strips 5 people out of the raid who then rage and quit to get another 5 who can't understand stacking on the marked player.

Mind you I'm not surprised, I didn't get the BH boss down in first couple of tries because stacking in melee was hard for 10 people in the 25 man.
    Last edited by mmocb13cc3eacd; 2011-12-09 at 05:37 PM.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    I queud up as dps on my combat rogue and joined a group at Madness of DW. The raid lead was awesome, called out everything with a raid warning and we finished the encounter with everyone alive. I was third in dps and the main hand axe dropped http://www.wowhead.com/item=78481. I rolled 100 plus the bonus won it for me. Not bad for 10 minutes of raiding.

Working quite nicely imo.
    Tried it for the first time today as DPS, within 5 minutes I got a raid group with 1/8 down which I joined, cleared the remaining 3 bosses of the raid without a problem (or well, 2 wipes on trash to Yor'sahj because some people were retarded and pulled the boss while we were killing trash but they got vote-kicked and we proceeded) and got some loot from it as well.
    Signed up again and waited 8 more minutes and got a raid with 0/8 so I could do the first boss as well, cleared this within minutes and got some more loot
    Signed up for the remaining part and one-shotted everything except for boss 7 because people were unsure what to do.

Sure this is a bit too easy, but then again it's a great way for people who normally don't raid and just want to see what all the fuss is about while still getting some reward for it.
    I'd love to raid the harder encounters again (haven't done any serious raiding since my guild beat Illidan well before nerfs) but my working hours simply won't allow that unless I can find a guild with other that normal hours.

1 wipe on madness, but thats it. so pretty good!

LFR is foolproof enough that I haven't had much trouble with it. I was in ONE fail group on DW's spine, but other than that it's been fairly smooth sailing, even if there were a couple wipes...we eventually got it down. As people do it more and learn the fights it won't be a problem at all.