Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    OP is using the old "Raid Browser" feature that has been in the game for years and never used.
    /facepalm

First week did LFR Dragon Soul on all three of my toons and went4/4. No wipes, had pretty good raid leaders in each group. This week in Fall of Deathwings things went pretty goofy. Even though the raid leaders were solid and had pretty good information for the raid a number of players didn't listen that caused hug issues and a number of wipes. YES, LFR version is easier than normal and heroic, but in the Deathwing fights it's not a cake walk. Would be easy if people would listen. All in all I enjoyed the last two weeks in Dragon Soul. Even got my priest the two set bonus last week off some drops, my DK tier pants and a ring, and my mage tier shoulders and some boots. Even did normal mode on my priest and got the mace drop off the first boss in normal 10-man.

10+ Year Old Account
    As an enhance shammy I have never been in queue longer than 7 minutes, which makes me a happy camper. Also getting shoulders, legs and boots from LFR makes me think it worked out fairly well

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Worked great for me so far, cleared both raids within 2 hours, only problem i ran into was a tank warrior needing on the same item and winning them both, but according to Blizz they working on a fix.

I did my first random group LFR this morning on my hunter. In less than a minute I got matched to an in progress group getting ready to pull Madness of Deathwing (which I was fine with since I was already 2/4 on Part 2 from a guild run on tuesday). There were several people in the group already familiar with the encounter. No "Go-guys" to interrupt the strategy discussion. The raid leader actually did know the fights and made instructive /rw macros. i.e. /rw KILL THE THING BEHIND US /rw KILL THE BOLT/rw KILL TENTACLES etc.

A few people derped on the last tentacle and died but we had enough breses to put us back in the game. Final phase the tank went down about half way through but the big adds didn't eat the raid alive, so presumably there were some smart plate dpses that turned their threat on to save us and despite being down a tank and a couple of dpsers we exploded his face a good 30 seconds before enrage.

I learned from the dynamics of the buffs on the fight that with the bronze buff I'll clip global with aimed shot with rapid fire on so I know I should forge down my haste on that encounter for normal and save rapid fires for when we don't have the bronze buff. Even with the mad global clipping I did I still finished #6 dps despite being disappointed with my performance.

So bottom line:

If you get a raid leader that actually knows the fights, and people listen to their instructions, you can 1 shot everything. Nobody was put off by the fact that I hadn't done it before, and anybody who was knowledgeable was helpful in answering any questions I had. I came away with a potential idea on how to improve my performance for when I do the normal mode with my guild and a basic understanding of how things will look. 2 of the enhance shammy/combat rogue weapons dropped and I rolled greed because I'm not one of THOSE hunters. So no loot for me, but 250 valors for 1 boss pull is a pretty sweet deal.

So if people follow these steps:
    -Be polite
    -Know your own loot and don't roll on other peoples
    -Only click Raid Leader on the que if you know the fights.
    -Listen to the raid leader if you are not.

It can be a quick and easy experience. It was a little too faceroll for my liking, but what I learned will atleast reduce the facesmash when I do it on normal.

It has been well for me on all my toons because I know how to lead spine/madness on them. Spine especially is an absolute joke - leave all corruptions up, kill one when you need an amalgamation, completely ignore barrel rolls. It's almost impossible to wipe because there's nothing that can kill anyone aside from jumping off the edge lol. Type in all caps in raid warnings and people listen for the most part. It really comes down to having someone capable of telling people what to do and people listening. I think that once people have cleared it a few weeks that the leading will become less and less necessary and everyone's experiences much smoother.

Personally, the groups i got werent full of fails, so it went great.

First week, cleared first 4 bosses in like 90 min. didnt win anything but oh well.
    Seconds week, full cleared in 2h30 got 2 items. Stupid shaman tokens refuse to drop >.<

Done it soloon an alt... and twice now on my main with my guild (about 8-10 of us) seems to work fine, if extremely forgiving, never been in a queue longer than 5 minutes as dps or healer.

We had many laughs doing it as a guild group, we try and "lead" the group so it goes very smoothly - with one hilarious incident involving us dispairing of getting people to coordinate on spine and deliberately forcing a barrel roll, all the people dancing about like headless chickens aoeing bloods got punted off. Leaving our guild and about 2 other randoms to do the encounter (11 manned it basically). Might have been slightly douchey - but it got the job done and didn't affect anyones ability to roll for loot except a couple of rage quitters.

Deleted
    LFR is only available for DS. You're just putting your name up in a que for your server and not the across server platform that LFR is.
    Usually takes 5-8 min. Done both parts of DS. Got into a few bumps along the way with people thinking they can lead the raid without being raid leader and confusing some people from what to do and because of that wiping the raid. Also some ninjas taking gear they cant use or shouldnt use. Had a frost DK nick a agi trinket. But when I looked through his/her armoury I noticed other agi stuff mixed with tank stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Patchee View Post
    LFR is good., untill you have idiot tanks on ultraxion,, BYE 2 HOURS OF MY LIFE.
    I wonder if we were in the same group... good 10-15 attempts before we got 2 non-downs tanks. Seriously, about 6 or 7 wipes in one of them (who was yelling about knowing the tactics and it was the other tank's fault for the wipes) goes "oh, bartender is making it so my button doesn't appear lololol."

So I have queued for LFR 4 times in the past two lockouts:

Tuesday, Nov. 29
    Siege of Wyrmrest (0/4): one shot Morchok, Zon'ozz and Hagara. Wiped twice due to sucking at killing Yor'sahj's slimes/adds and not learning how to stack, cleared out half the bads in the group with a combination of ragequitting and votekicks (why isn't anyone praising how well this works in LFR?), one shot it easily after that.

Wednesday, Dec. 7
    Siege of Wyrmrest (0/4): one shot all bosses. Wiped not once but twice on Yor'sahj trash thanks to trollololol ninja pulling huntard.

Fall of Deathwing (1/4): previous group had wiped once on Blackhorn, one shot the attempt after I joined. Wiped 5 times on spine because bads don't know how to play when the tactics are clearly stated for them and ignore raid warnings telling them to stack and stop killing tentacles/amalgamations/wait for 9 stacks/etc. Oh, awful tanks that didn't know how to drag and place mobs too, had to clean house and downed it after 2 attempts (1st we failed because DW barrell rolled as we charged to kill the last armor plate, wiping all but me and 2-3 others, was pretty lulzy. One shot madness but BARELY.

Fall of Deathwing (0/4): as stated above, wiped so many times on Ultraxion because bads will be bads. Healers not picking up the power ups, tanks not switching, NO ONE using the button... I think I spent more time in this fail raid to down 1 boss for the achievement than in the other 3 combined. At least I won a tier chest token for my patience and tenacity.

Oh, and my queue time was never more than about 4-5 minutes. First week it was nearly instant, I kept declining 2/4 raids until I got a fresh one.
    Last edited by Drakhar; 2011-12-09 at 06:53 PM.

Absolutely great. I have queued in with my brother last week for Siege, and this week for both Siege and Fall.

Double DPS queue, we got in around 15 minutes. We cleared all runs, we wiped once total on Madness.

iLvl 359 DK tank that I haven't played since t11, now iLvl 381 with 4pc tier t13. So yeh, LFR ftw ?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aktec View Post
    Tbh its a good thing the raid finder isnt for other tiers, can u imagine how hard it would be to organise some of the aspects of the firelands fights. Just imagine turning on ryolith or spreading/stacking on majordomo with 24 randoms. *shudder*
    They'd probably remove such tactics and make it as casual/easy as DS is.