End Time Emerald Shrine Tank for Healer awareness campaign.

So I'm now 2 for 2 on Emerald Shrine (End Time) of this exact same occurrence and I was wondering if any other healers find they've had the exact same issue.

First trash pack goes off without a hitch. You pop hots on the tank, which is pretty standard practice as a druid (which is my main healing toon) since lifebloom = mana regen, (also usually smart force of habit on dungeon finder since you never know when a tank will run ahead and out of range) and reach for a drink or a mana cooldown to top your mana up and then you blink your eyes so that your vision is sharp for the next pull. In the time it took to do all that the tank has mounted up and is running for the next beam of moonlight, agroing everything along the way. A singular tick of a hot instantly pulls you into combat, removing mounting as an option and gets you dogpiled, while the tank continues towards the moon beam, oblivious to the fact that he has already sealed your fate.

It just seems to make better sense to fight your way to the moonbeam instead of mounting and running to it, since healing is not effected by the darkness, just damage on the mob, and even still, with 77-140k health with a 25% damage reduction damage on the way to the moonbeam usually finishes half of them off along the way.

So Healers: Have you had the same experience?
    Tanks: Help us help you, How can we improve random dungeon finder communication between tank and healer... For example is it my blunder because it's standard practice for a DF tank to assume "Hots = healer is ready"? Since the only toon I tank on DF with is a Blood DK, so waiting for the healer is optional in most cases.

Quote Originally Posted by Gheld View Post
    So I'm now 2 for 2 on Emerald Shrine (End Time) of this exact same occurrence and I was wondering if any other healers find they've had the exact same issue.

First trash pack goes off without a hitch. You pop hots on the tank, which is pretty standard practice as a druid (which is my main healing toon) since lifebloom = mana regen, (also usually smart force of habit on dungeon finder since you never know when a tank will run ahead and out of range) and reach for a drink or a mana cooldown to top your mana up and then you blink your eyes so that your vision is sharp for the next pull. In the time it took to do all that the tank has mounted up and is running for the next beam of moonlight, agroing everything along the way. A singular tick of a hot instantly pulls you into combat, removing mounting as an option and gets you dogpiled, while the tank continues towards the moon beam, oblivious to the fact that he has already sealed your fate.

It just seems to make better sense to fight your way to the moonbeam instead of mounting and running to it, since healing is not effected by the darkness, just damage on the mob, and even still, with 77-140k health with a 25% damage reduction damage on the way to the moonbeam usually finishes half of them off along the way.

So Healers: Have you had the same experience?
    Tanks: Help us help you, How can we improve random dungeon finder communication between tank and healer... For example is it my blunder because it's standard practice for a DF tank to assume "Hots = healer is ready"? Since the only toon I tank on DF with is a Blood DK, so waiting for the healer is optional in most cases.
    I agree....but tank should also get a little bit of aggro first if they can't outrun the packs to the moonbeam and avoid damage etc.

However, I guess, as a healer in a pug, if you two aren't going to communicate, you'll have to adjust your style to whatever the tank does.

I've tanked the Emerald Shrine (Echo of Tyrande) on all 4 of my tank classes, and I must say... it can be rather challenging if the healer decides to heal when going from moonbeam to moonbeam. Especially on my DK, I simply can't keep aggro on all the mobs that run to you in between beams. Runes are a limited resource, can't simply spam a move over and over like HoR or Thrash/Swipe.

I don't have much of a trouble with it on my other tanks, but I've had healers almost kill themselves by still healing between moonbeams when my runes are on Cooldown. I'd just say avoid healing too much between beams.

When I tank, I don't mount, but I don't stop to fight either. We move as a group to the next light and then start putting some serious damage on them. Any attacks I make in between lights is to prevent what you described.
    Sounds like you're just getting people accustomed to speed running.
    Also, I shouldn't think you'd need to stop every light. Groups I've been on...we work the entire circle...then stop just prior to boss pull to top off.

Interesting perspective. I will be more wary of the situation. I am so used to DPS being DERP and attacking anything in range regardless if tanked, I have grown to the point in my gameplay that if people have aggro, I assume they want to tank.

I've noticed the exact same thing on my resto druid alt. I don't get it, and they normally call me a noob healer for not healing them while I'm having to spamheal myself. Same goes for the boss, if tank really eats a ton of damage the DPS usually get left out. Especially if I also have to dispel the stuns preemptively so they get a chance to move away from the damage coming their way, they normally retort to name calling since I obviously have L2P issues with the healing.

Overall not a very forgiving place, and healer is easily targeted from friends and foes alike.

Deleted
    As a healer, I got the moonguard achievement the first time I went there. I simply didn't heal until we were in the moonlight and every mob was aggroed. It's not like the tank is in danger...

As a tank, I don't have it yet. It's not like I have trouble catching the mobs, but healers will heal, and dps will try to dps mobs while we are moving, and everyone ends getting at least a bit of damage.

Conclusion: Don't heal between moonlights.

Quote Originally Posted by Astralli View Post
    I've tanked the Emerald Shrine (Echo of Tyrande) on all 4 of my tank classes, and I must say... it can be rather challenging if the healer decides to heal when going from moonbeam to moonbeam. Especially on my DK, I simply can't keep aggro on all the mobs that run to you in between beams. Runes are a limited resource, can't simply spam a move over and over like HoR or Thrash/Swipe.

I don't have much of a trouble with it on my other tanks, but I've had healers almost kill themselves by still healing between moonbeams when my runes are on Cooldown. I'd just say avoid healing too much between beams.
    So what you are essentially saying is trust in the tank to stop moving if he thinks he is going to die?

EDIT:
    Quote Originally Posted by Raphtheone View Post
    I've noticed the exact same thing on my resto druid alt. I don't get it, and they normally call me a noob healer for not healing them while I'm having to spamheal myself. Same goes for the boss, if tank really eats a ton of damage the DPS usually get left out. Especially if I also have to dispel the stuns preemptively so they get a chance to move away from the damage coming their way, they normally retort to name calling since I obviously have L2P issues with the healing.

Overall not a very forgiving place, and healer is easily targeted from friends and foes alike.
    I think it must be more of a druid issue, since our healing style is tilted in favor of healing early, so it just becomes a big force of habit to throw hots out as soon as somebodies health starts dropping.
    Last edited by Gheld; 2011-12-09 at 05:43 PM.

I simply can't keep aggro on all the mobs that run to you in between beams. Runes are a limited resource, can't simply spam a move over and over like HoR or Thrash/Swipe.
    Considering those abilities all have cooldowns, those classes can't 'spam' them either.

I've found that a lot of people seem to just not understand what to do on this one, I'm not sure if the tanks I've healed on it just haven't done it or are just slightly derp. But I've found the best thing to do it just write something quick about how they need to stay with you because your heals are going to pull aggro in the darkness if they run off with a HoT on them. Also I trying to heal as little as possible is a good idea as well. It is hard on us druids because we kind of depend on HoTs but try using regrowth healing touch and nourish mostly so that they won't have long HoTs on them if they run off.

Basically this trash is annoying, which especially sucks for me because all I have left that I need from the new heroics are the belt that has a chance of dropping off all the Echo's and the helm that drops off of Murozond, so I'm going to be running this dungeon as much as possible.
    Last edited by dkdk; 2011-12-09 at 05:49 PM.

Deleted
    I just don't heal much at all in there, since they do miniscule damage to tanks, and it also helps the tank to easier collect them quicker.

The achievement is a hint on doing it right, and painless :P

Quote Originally Posted by Proberly View Post
    I just don't heal much at all in there, since they do miniscule damage to tanks, and it also helps the tank to easier collect them quicker.

The achievement is a hint on doing it right, and painless :P
    I think then a compromised standard practice should be developed. :P Mount and run to the moonlight, but if the healer is a druid everyone should go there on foot, just in case he derps and pops wild growth.

Deleted
    Especially on my DK, I simply can't keep aggro on all the mobs that run to you in between beams. Runes are a limited resource, can't simply spam a move over and over like HoR or Thrash/Swipe.
    Have never had problems on my dk, you should be running first and throwing out a few blood boils and a dnd on the actual moonbeam. Move as a group and even if your healer does get aggro on one or two mobs, they don't hit hard enough to do anything painful before your healer runs onto your DnD. Also you remember rune strike? Throw some of those out, they have a chance to activate a depleted rune you know...

I have 3 spec's that I do those fights on:

Pally Tank: AoE aggro isnt a problem here. Half way through to the new moon beam I AoE taunt off the healer. I also drop a cons right there so the healer can kite through it. I haven't experienced needing to taunt or shield throw more than 1 more mob using that system as a pally tank, but we have quite good AoE threat abilities.

Pally Heals: Not gonna lie, I have a shield and a defensive cd in addition to my heals, and bubble if things get really nasty. I don't generally get on to tanks here because if you're in the dungeon finder you probably aren't a high level raider (i usually run to get my wife's alts geared/vp capped). Even though I have plate on my healer im not really taking a lot of damage until we get to the moonbeam, in which case a tank of ANY class should be able to overcome my healing aggro rather quickly once we get there. If not I'll just pop divine protection (druids have bark skin, priests have fade to help the tank get aggro back, shamans...i have no pitty for you, your survivability is equal to mine, screw shielding the tank, use earth shield on yourself till he gets aggro back).

Frost DK: Stay just behind the tank (between the tank and the moon beam) and HB with chillblains talented. If the tank can't handle that they need a new job. Tab targeting heart strike as a dk, or DnD should be enough to overcome the max of 2 HB's that get thrown out between the beams.

I don't usually see problems here on my healer. You just gotta help your tank get his aggro back if he's having trouble getting em off you. If that means using barkskin until he can successfully pull off you, so be it. Those mobs don't hit that hard and if you wanna shift to bear and barkskin, he likely wont die.

10+ Year Old Account
    You can mount up there? I usually still have 1 or 2 mobs when running to the next moonbeam.
    People take stupidity to a whole new level when they sit in front of a computer.

www.poepra2.com.br Um blog para quem prefere jogos multiplayer.