Page 1 of 9
... LastLast

Deleted
    First, he is an FBI agent spying for USA. What is he doing in Iran anyway? But doesn't matter because it's all fake.
    Why do I think it's fake?
    Because they let him to:
    -record that video
    -send it out to the rest of the world (he somehow bypassed Iranian network block).

Makes perfect sense....NOT.

Looks like a very bad attempt to to start a war.

Quote Originally Posted by Blapis View Post
    First, he is an FBI agent spying for USA. What is he doing in Iran anyway? But doesn't matter because it's all fake.
    Because they let him to:
    -record that video
    -send it out to the rest of the world (he somehow bypassed Iranian network block).

noone says its necessarily the iranian government holding him captive - might as well be for ransom like the somali pirates like to do

10+ Year Old Account
    This is just to further anti-Iranian sentiments among the voters for the upcoming election. This is just like the drone "attack".

This is the US trying to make Iran look nasty after they "hacked & stole" their Drone.

Personally the UN & EU should intervene with military force and sort out Iran fast. The entire area is becoming VERY hostile, and with Nuclear power on the horizon for them, I don't want it to be to late for an intervention.

I know we're not in a perfect world, and I sure as hell am not prepared to put my big stick down because someone might find a bigger stick, but we're not talking about democratically peaceful countries, we're talking extremist insanity.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cattaclysmic View Post
    noone says its necessarily the iranian government holding him captive - might as well be for ransom like the somali pirates like to do
    They mentioned Iran thirteen(13) times.
    But as I said. Doesn't really matter.
    If you replace "Iran" word with any other country/organisation. It still looks like a fake.

The analysis I'm hearing is that this video was released to the family last year, and they were trying to work something out behind the scenes. This is because going too public can risk the hostage. But now that Iran and the nuclear situation is emerging, the family is throwing that tactic to the wind and releasing the video.

Deleted
    Whenever I hear about people getting held hostage in Iran I can't help but think it's their own fault. This shit happens time after time but still people go near there, like the hikers that accidentally wandered into Iran after following advice from a local. If I was within 500 miles of Iran I wouldn't follow anybody's advice unless I was 100% certain it was accurate. And then they have the nerve to complain.

Deleted
    Do you remember attack that killed 24 Pakistanis? On video reports, no one was crying (or family members wonder "why that happened"). Zero emotions.
    Now look at that video. Full of emotions. Clever tactic I must say.

Do you remember attack that killed 24 Pakistanis? On video reports, no one was crying (or family members wonder "why that happened"). Zero emotions.
    Now look at that video. Full of emotions. Clever tactic I must say.
    your such a cheerful person, you must have a ton of friends.

Mod Warning: Post more constructively.
    Last edited by mmoc0fc091fcb6; 2011-12-10 at 04:24 PM.
    Tell them that the Lich King is dead...and the World of Warcraft...died with him.

Because they let him to:
    -record that video

They have to show he's alive if they want to strike a deal...

But don't expect America to negotiate a deal. America's policy is very strict - don't negotiate with terrorists. So 1027 terrorists for 1 FBI agent? Not going to happen in America. Nor will anyone rise up and demand his release.

---------- Post added 2011-12-10 at 07:25 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by tommypilgrim View Post
    Whenever I hear about people getting held hostage in Iran I can't help but think it's their own fault. This shit happens time after time but still people go near there, like the hikers that accidentally wandered into Iran after following advice from a local. If I was within 500 miles of Iran I wouldn't follow anybody's advice unless I was 100% certain it was accurate. And then they have the nerve to complain.
    Foolish hikers are very different from FBI agents!

Deleted
    Guantánamo Bay, hypocrite much?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Dome View Post
    Foolish hikers are very different from FBI agents!
    He's a retired FBI agent, not an active one.

The former FBI agent-turned-security consultant was last heard from on March 8, 2007, when he checked into a Kish Island hotel. He had planned to return to the United States the next day.

Levinson's family said in 2010 that he was working as a private investigator in Dubai and may have been looking into a cigarette-smuggling case.
    So essentially he was poking around in Iran for whatever reason and was surprised that they detained him, even though he's an ex government official. I wouldn't be surprised if I was poking around in Iran and got detained, in fact I'd expect it since they keep doing it. I have absolutely no sympathy for him whatsoever.

Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    @Iron Dome: They don't negotiate with terrorists, but Iran isn't a terrorist. They just happen to got one of the many agents the US has over there to try and fuck over the country.
    Iran is an international sponsor of terrorism.
    Quote Originally Posted by tommypilgrim View Post
    He's a retired FBI agent, not an active one.
    So essentially he was poking around in Iran for whatever reason and was surprised that they detained him, even though he's an ex government official. I wouldn't be surprised if I was poking around in Iran and got detained, in fact I'd expect it since they keep doing it. I have absolutely no sympathy for him whatsoever.
    Correct, my mistake. Although we don't know if he was retired, or if he was "retired." I see no logical reasoning behind taking a tour of Iran as an American.

Correct, my mistake. Although we don't know if he was retired, or if he was "retired." I see no logical reasoning behind taking a tour of Iran as an American.
    Depends on what you call terrorism. My country for example, only recognizes Al'Qaeda (w/e its spelled) as a terrorist organization. And that's because Al'Qaeda is the only organization that all countries recognize as a terrorist organization.

If you mean Hamas/Hezbollah then that's just your opinion.

in my view, America is a sponsor of terrorism.... they killed innocent people in iraq because they thought they had "weapons of mass destruction" - act of terrorism

Quote Originally Posted by bloody251 View Post
    Depends on what you call terrorism. My country for example, only recognizes Al'Qaeda (w/e its spelled) as a terrorist organization. And that's because Al'Qaeda is the only organization that all countries recognize as a terrorist organization.

If you mean Hamas/Hezbollah then that's just your opinion.
    I consider organizations whose charter calls for genocide and who intentionally carry out attacks against civilians, school buses, and hospitals as terrorist organizations.
    Most countries recognize Hamas and Hizbollah as terrorist organizations.

It's hard to classify a country as a terrorist organization. Countries aren't terrorists. However, it is known Iran has done acts of terrorsim around the world. A few months ago, they wanted to kil the Saudi ambassador and blow up embassies in Washington, D.C. In 1994, they blew up a building in Buenos Aires, Argentina.

Tehran has armed, trained, financed, inspired, organized, and otherwise supported dozens of violent groups over the years. Iran has backed not only groups in
    its Persian Gulf neighborhood, but also terrorists and radicals in Lebanon, Palestinian terrorists, Bosnia, the Philippines, and elsewhere. This support remains strong even today:the U.S. government regularly contends that Iran is tied to an array of radical groups in Iraq.

With Iranian guidance, the Lebanese Hizballah dramatically captured America’s attention with devastating suicide attacks on the U.S. embassy in Beirut in April 1983,
    where 63 people died, including 17 Americans, and on the U.S. Marine Barracks in October 1983, where 241 U.S. Marines were killed (a simultaneous attack killed 58 French peacekeepers). Hizballah also took numerous Westerners hostage in the 1980s, executing several of them. Hizballah, often working through suborganizations with different names, took 17 Americans, 15 Frenchmen, 14 Britons, 7 Swiss, and 7 West Germans hostage, as well as 27 others hostage during the 1980s.10 In March 1992, Hizballah and Iran worked together to bomb the Israeli embassy in Argentina, killing 29 and in July 1994 attacked the Jewish Community Center in Buenos
    Aires, killing 86. Hizballah also aided other groups that shared its agenda. Iran also directed the attack on the U.S. military facility of Khobar Towers in Saudi Arabia in 1996, killing 17 American troops.11 In addition to its support for Hizballah, Iran has also supported a wide array of other groups that have attacked Israel. In each of these instances, Tehran was able to compensate for its military inferiority by relying on terrorism.

I consider organizations whose charter calls for genocide and who intentionally carry out attacks against civilians, school buses, and hospitals as terrorist organizations.
    Most countries recognize Hamas and Hizbollah as terrorist organizations.

It's hard to classify a country as a terrorist organization. Countries aren't terrorists. However, it is known Iran has done acts of terrorsim around the world. A few months ago, they wanted to kil the Saudi ambassador and blow up embassies in Washington, D.C. In 1994, they blew up a building in Buenos Aires, Argentina.

Tehran has armed, trained, financed, inspired, organized, and otherwise supported dozens of violent groups over the years. Iran has backed not only groups in
    its Persian Gulf neighborhood, but also terrorists and radicals in Lebanon, Palestinian terrorists, Bosnia, the Philippines, and elsewhere. This support remains strong even today:the U.S. government regularly contends that Iran is tied to an array of radical groups in Iraq.

With Iranian guidance, the Lebanese Hizballah dramatically captured America’s attention with devastating suicide attacks on the U.S. embassy in Beirut in April 1983,
    where 63 people died, including 17 Americans, and on the U.S. Marine Barracks in October 1983, where 241 U.S. Marines were killed (a simultaneous attack killed 58 French peacekeepers). Hizballah also took numerous Westerners hostage in the 1980s, executing several of them. Hizballah, often working through suborganizations with different names, took 17 Americans, 15 Frenchmen, 14 Britons, 7 Swiss, and 7 West Germans hostage, as well as 27 others hostage during the 1980s.10 In March 1992, Hizballah and Iran worked together to bomb the Israeli embassy in Argentina, killing 29 and in July 1994 attacked the Jewish Community Center in Buenos
    Aires, killing 86. Hizballah also aided other groups that shared its agenda. Iran also directed the attack on the U.S. military facility of Khobar Towers in Saudi Arabia in 1996, killing 17 American troops.11 In addition to its support for Hizballah, Iran has also supported a wide array of other groups that have attacked Israel. In each of these instances, Tehran was able to compensate for its military inferiority by relying on terrorism.
    Well, Israel and US already assassinated 3 Iranian physicists. US also helped Al'Qaeda against the russians. How do you call these acts?

Quote Originally Posted by bloody251 View Post
    Well, Israel and US already assassinated 3 Iranian physicists. US also helped Al'Qaeda against the russians. How do you call these acts?
    And your proof is where?

Quote Originally Posted by Jongus View Post
    And your proof is where?
    I could make you the same question. Where are the proofs that Iran is helping terrorists?