Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Zdrasti View Post
    You're assuming I fell for it, which I didn't =) I saw him make fools out of others and reported him for what is against the rules. Then I got to quote his favorite line right back to him "You mad bro?" It was hilarious =)

So what does that make me? Snitch? That's a term used by losers to intimidate others from doing what's right. Do I look like I'm scared of you or other internet tough guys like you? Hehehe

Didn't your daddy teach you anything like share with other and to never be a tattle tell when you fink on someone and just straight say im tell on you it makes you a snitch when what the other person did something that doesn't affect you in anyway but you tell on that person anyways it makes you a SNITCH

Im thinking you have a inferiority complex . I never said or acted like i was a tough guy but you sure hit that one on the head at least you got something correct out of this whole thing B)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by I'm a little bitchpot, short and stout View Post
    You're assuming I fell for it, which I didn't =) I saw him make fools out of others and reported him for what is against the rules. Then I got to quote his favorite line right back to him "You mad bro?" It was hilarious =)

So what does that make me? Snitch? That's a term used by losers to intimidate others from doing what's right. Do I look like I'm scared of you or other internet tough guys like you? Hehehe
    Yeah I know when I see someone made stupid people look stupid because they're stupid I immediately jump on it and run to the nearest authority figure.

Are you kidding dude? You do have an inferiority complex, and it doesn't take an "internet tough guy" to figure that out. Did you do that on the schoolyard too? Because where I came from that was the shit made kids lose friends.

Deleted
    Actually I derived this exploit was not used on me. I believe there was a quirk with the whispering since it came as a response from me to someone I whispered. The system probably had me auto-afk before I entered the bg and then it didn't put me out of afk as it normally does.

so yeah, forget about that, move along.

10+ Year Old Account
    You should look up the definition of an exploit. Using a /emote to get bad people to type /afk isn't an exploit. It's closer to trolling.
    Lained - 60 Shaman | Lainedtv - 60 Druid | Lainedz - 60 Paladin

Deleted
    OP got trolled badly and hes mad

It's obviously not an exploit.

It's being a dick. And being a dick should be punished with warning and short suspensions. I'm glad that they do this.

I've fallen for it once. I was really really tired, grinding BGs at the beginning of cata. I thought it was a new feature or something. D'OH!

I did this probably 30 times in Wrath and never even got a warning for it. Honestly I didn't even do it to be a dick or anything, I just know that only noobs are going to fall for it. Getting a dumbass outta the BG (especially in smaller ones like WSG and Twin Peaks) for another player can be the difference between winning or losing. And yeah if you fall for this more than once...you need to /quit life. Regardless of what people are saying on here, I really don't think it's a bannable offense or I have to figure I would have seen the ban by now. Also I'm wondering exactly what grounds they would ban you for.

"It's not illegal, it's just frowned upon. Like masturbating on an airplane."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by snuffglops View Post
    I just know that only noobs are going to fall for it.
    I bet you always win in pvp.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pieeyed View Post
    SO what your saying is you went into a battleground and got a whisper that you where afk and to clear the afk you had to type the afk so you type the afk when your not so you got kicked from the battleground and you reported him for making you look like a fool is that what im getting out of this ... SNITCH ... and a FOOL
    Snitch? Really? Is this Jr. high?

Quote Originally Posted by snuffglops View Post
    I did this probably 30 times in Wrath and never even got a warning for it. Honestly I didn't even do it to be a dick or anything, I just know that only noobs are going to fall for it. Getting a dumbass outta the BG (especially in smaller ones like WSG and Twin Peaks) for another player can be the difference between winning or losing. And yeah if you fall for this more than once...you need to /quit life. Regardless of what people are saying on here, I really don't think it's a bannable offense or I have to figure I would have seen the ban by now. Also I'm wondering exactly what grounds they would ban you for.

"It's not illegal, it's just frowned upon. Like masturbating on an airplane."
    Several points. First is that just because YOU didn't get banned for it doesn't mean you can't be banned for it. It means you were lucky. Most people probably don't consider it worth reporting, but if enough people do you'll get the banhammer. There are botters who have avoided the banhammer so far, does that mean that botting isn't a bannable offense? Of course not. It's a ridiculous conclusion to come to from that evidence. Second the exact grounds are irrelevant. They can ban you because they were bored, if they felt inclined. Check the ToS. Finally, the grounds are basically harassment and/or that it's "against the spirit of the game". I believe that's the exact wording used in the ToS. Doing something explicitly to inconvenience or harm other players generally isn't considered okay. While you may get away with it, if you keep testing your luck eventually someone will report you and a GM will look into it. Maybe the first time won't net you a ban, but repeated offenses surely will.

Quote Originally Posted by Amsden View Post
    Snitch? Really? Is this Jr. high?
    No its not jr high its the real world my friend . its not nice to be a mouth runner it gets you no respect which is all you have in this world

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by pieeyed View Post
    No its not jr high its the real world my friend . its not nice to be a mouth runner it gets you no respect which is all you have in this world
    I think you lost your respect when you give deserter for 15 minutes illegitimately.

I love to spam it every now and again. The fact that it still gets people is lovely.

i never done it but come on, who falls for that? srr to say but think before u act. like some1 else said either de coulor is different from the emote or u get a debuff.

i don't see how it's an exploit. bit of a lame joke sure. so if some1 would wisp u stating 'ur inactive, pls press alt f4 ' would u do it? maybe once if u don't know what the combo does.

also i'm not sure if ur telling the truth. first u said u got an emote, a few post later ur stating u recieved a wisp. Now witch one is it?

Quote Originally Posted by FemaleGoblinMage View Post
    I think you lost your respect when you give deserter for 15 minutes illegitimately.

sir you may have me confused with someone who tattles its the other dude who snitches sir

Deleted
    Why is being AFK in PvP against the rules anyway? I never understood that ridiculous rule, as it doesn't seem to be against the rules in PvE.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just report them, if it's any comfort to you, they will always get a warning from blizzard for this or any other report they get. That should atleast stop them from doing it. If it wasn't the first then they're certainly banned .

PS. I'm no mod, but ain't this topic in the wrong section, think this'd fit better in the PvP category.

If we want to get technical, a snitch isn't just a tattle tale, but could also be used to define theft. And that being, you tricking people into afking out of a BG.. you STEAL gametime from them. Therefore making you.. the snitch. Hows that for brain power.

Quote Originally Posted by Voyager View Post
    Why is being AFK in PvP against the rules anyway? I never understood that ridiculous rule, as it doesn't seem to be against the rules in PvE.
    Except in PvE randoms you can get kicked for afking too, and raids you can get kicked for whatever the leader feels like. The difference between PvE and PvP is you can wait in PvE, the battle doesn't start until you want it to. In PvP if you have 1-2 afk's in a WSG that's a huge chunk of your team dragging you down and you can't pause the game.

It's really not a hard concept.
    “Logic: The art of thinking and reasoning in strict accordance with the limitations and incapacities of the human misunderstanding.”
    "Conservative, n: A statesman who is enamored of existing evils, as distinguished from the Liberal who wishes to replace them with others."
    Ambrose Bierce
    The Bird of Hermes Is My Name, Eating My Wings To Make Me Tame.

Hoof Hearted!!!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, Blizzard will action those players doing this as impersonating a game message is a violation of the ToU. Players have to REPORT it though for Blizzard to know who is doing it so they can take the action.
    when all else fails, read the STICKIES.