Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    /bigsigh. I enjoyed the trailer but I really was looking for a release date and I think this was the perfect opportunity to give it to us. I'm starting to feel a little concerned about the length of time the beta has gone on, the fact that we are fastly approaching the end of 2011 by which time D3 was already meant to be out... - and we still have no extended release date. I'm starting to wonder why they still don't know. I think a lot of people are going to be disappointed with this trailer (not because of the quality, which I think was great, but because of the content) and it was such a great opportunity for them to get some good marketting in.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ragnarokvr1 View Post
    Short and boring, like all of blizzard's recent cinematics. It's disgusting to see that half of it wasn't even cinematic, it was artsy crap drawn in comic book form. Insulting from blizzard, to lower their own standards as such. If this were a pre-wow game, that entire angelic battle would have been CGI, not some bullshit comic book drawings. They should be ashamed. Third time we see the same chick in their cinematics, doesn't even do anything useful.

Hell, NOTHING happens in this half-cinematic that we haven't seen already. I'm starting to look more and more to Bioware, every time they made a movie for TOR it told a short story and the combat was amazing, just like Blizz's old movies used to do.

"Hell and the armies of light shall battle." OH REALLY? Who would of THOUGHT?
    Well its the fucking intro cinematic. Are you expecting it to reveal the whole story or what? It is supposed to set the player up before he begins the game and explain what happened before the story begins and thats exactly what the trailer does.

Though I would ahve enjoyed more CGI fighting. I like the comic style too but it would have been enough to make the first few scenes in this comic style and the nwith to CGI.

Short and boring, like all of blizzard's recent cinematics. It's disgusting to see that half of it wasn't even cinematic, it was artsy crap drawn in comic book form. Insulting from blizzard, to lower their own standards as such. If this were a pre-wow game, that entire angelic battle would have been CGI, not some bullshit comic book drawings. They should be ashamed. Third time we see the same chick in their cinematics, doesn't even do anything useful.

Hell, NOTHING happens in this half-cinematic that we haven't seen already. I'm starting to look more and more to Bioware, every time they made a movie for TOR it told a short story and the combat was amazing, just like Blizz's old movies used to do.

"Hell and the armies of light shall battle." OH REALLY? Who would of THOUGHT?
    This is intro cinematic.. sure it won't tell the story you that you haven't know yet. Don't worry there will be plenty of full CGI cinematics in game. Black soul stone is an example.

Faith restored in blizzard, can't wait. I can see all the good wow devs have moved to developing this and titan.

10+ Year Old Account
    I dont know what the haters were watching but I saw an awesome cinematic. I hope Blizz has one for each act like D2

Damn that CGI is beautiful, holy shit.

it was nothing compared to the d2 opener, skipping the lame concept art style for the first half of the movie could have saved it

edit: just watched the d2 cinematics, nope, not even that could have saved it. d2 movies had awesome writing, voice acting, AND graphics (for the time). Marius was a really good character...

this? what is d3? UNCCCCLEEEEE

Last edited by fews; 2011-12-11 at 10:52 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why? Look at the trailer, 1/2 of this hasn't got awesome graphic, just basic animations.
    And they made an awesome intro using just basic animations. Reminds me of 300 in so many ways.
    People take stupidity to a whole new level when they sit in front of a computer.

www.poepra2.com.br Um blog para quem prefere jogos multiplayer.

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    I dont know what the haters were watching but I saw an awesome cinematic. I hope Blizz has one for each act like D2
    they have a cinematic for every act and for every class and gender all of superior quality. dunno about you but i'm FUCKING PSYCHED to see the rest.

Deleted
    Yea D2 trailer was still better though.

Quote Originally Posted by Dispirit View Post
    they have a cinematic for every act and for every class and gender all of superior quality. dunno about you but i'm FUCKING PSYCHED to see the rest.
    You're not referring to cinematics, you're referring to in-game movies in the SC2 style. Cinematics are when they're rendered with extremely high polygon counts which gives the movies a life-like appearance and animation. I doubt blizz would make a REAL cinematic for every class, it's just useless.

You're not referring to cinematics, you're referring to in-game movies in the SC2 style. Cinematics are when they're rendered with extremely high polygon counts which gives the movies a life-like appearance and animation. I doubt blizz would make a REAL cinematic for every class, it's just useless.
    http://www.diablofans.com/topic/3276...29#entry716529

prepare to be proven wrong.