Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Necrolepsy View Post
    They basically nailed everything people have been whining about. Great job Bioware.
    Yup, just hope they can deliver on all of it. If they even get some of it the game will be amazing.

Deleted
    Don't get me wrong, I am proper, proper excited for SwtOr and it looks amazing.

But my two concerns are lack of macros, and lack of Add-on support, and there was nothing in this developer chat that addressed either of those.

I know they perhaps want to offer something different in a "Legacy" system, but I wish they'd focus their efforts on getting those sorted.

I didn't play WoW until TBC so I'm used to macros and add-ons, were they with the game since release?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Threadbare View Post
    Don't get me wrong, I am proper, proper excited for SwtOr and it looks amazing.

But my two concerns are lack of macros, and lack of Add-on support, and there was nothing in this developer chat that addressed either of those.

I know they perhaps want to offer something different in a "Legacy" system, but I wish they'd focus their efforts on getting those sorted.
    Well in the most recent interview they talk about this. Addons after launch, they have people working on it.

Deleted
    Good to know.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lillpapps View Post
    LoL I thought this was the topic where everyone shared their pics of their stock of food / drinks they bought for release / EA.
    and and

Quote Originally Posted by Greevir View Post
    snip
    I need that chair.

Quote Originally Posted by Idoru View Post
    How is quicktravel to the nearest shuttlebay then taking a shuttle directly to the flashpoint any different ? RP factor aside.....
    I think most of the people currently saying they don't want direct teleport to the flashpoint are going to be screaming for it about eleven nanoseconds after their DPS toon is kicked from a flashpoint group because their QT was on cooldown and they were five minutes taxi ride from the spaceport.

Quote Originally Posted by Malleus View Post
    I think most of the people currently saying they don't want direct teleport to the flashpoint are going to be screaming for it about eleven nanoseconds after their DPS toon is kicked from a flashpoint group because their QT was on cooldown and they were five minutes taxi ride from the spaceport.
    That's when you throw that guy a summon.

Exactly like Rift >_>

LFG added will be cross-server at some point if not from the start, its only logical.

Companies dont care about what you feel is the right about how you want to play to feel special in your little community and server, its MONEY MONEY MONEY.

Players want to log on, find a group quickly and play, what you are saying is.

"IN THIS OLD GAME YEARS AGO" Ah ..its 2012 soon, not 2005, every game is putting LFG cross-server for the obvious reason, it works, it makes the game better for the 99% and the 1% crying "BUT I WANT TO RUN TO THE DUNGEON AND TALK WITH PEOPLE AND BE SOCIAL!", yeah no.

Stop crying about it and enjoy it, and hopefully they will implement it asap to make your life easier.

There is a reason that LFG is mentioned and requested as the first thing in every single game.

Sitting in the main city and yelling "NEED GROUP FOR INSTANCE" is 7 years ago, things have evolved, adapt already.

That's when you throw that guy a summon.
    I lost count of how many times I was the only one at the summoning stone, waiting for the 4 others.
    "just turning in quest", "buying consumables", "on gryph" .... and all 4 asking for a summon.

So no, I didn't cry when they added teleport to dungeon.
    "You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist."
    Friedrich Nietzsche

I lost count of how many times I was the only one at the summoning stone, waiting for the 4 others.
    "just turning in quest", "buying consumables", "on gryph" .... and all 4 asking for a summon.

So no, I didn't cry when they added teleport to dungeon.
    In this game you only need one person to summon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Malleus View Post
    Exactly. People are complaining that they don't want it like WoW, but what they don't realize is TOR's entire system is already set up for it to work better.

All the responses here are complaining about no PvP in front of the dungeons. Guess what? All of the dungeons are on YOUR fleet, not your enemy's, not some neutral fleet (that wouldn't make any sense at all) so there ALREADY is no PvP. No cross server LFD; I actually agree with this, however, it will be entirely based on the server populations when and if the LFD tool ever comes out. It's either server mergers or cross server LFD.

So as it stands, you can be out questing, just like in WoW, queue up for LFD, and get teleported in, do the FP, then get teleported out and go from where you left off. Or, you can be out questing, decide you want to do a FP, spend 10 minutes getting to the fleet for the FP, spend another 10 minutes or more trying to get a group, then when it's done, spend another 10-20 minutes getting back to where you were in a specific quest, having to re-fight your way through an area, etc. Sounds like a no-brainer to me. Keeping it to one server will definitely be the better option, but if they have no choice, they have no choice. As previously stated, all of their flashpoints are in the fleets, which means you don't have to go to obscure corners of a map to find the instances like you do in WoW. They practically set them at your feet anyway. And they put them in an area where you can't PvP, so again, you can't argue that point for this game.

Quote Originally Posted by Greevir View Post
    and and

thats what I was hoping this thread was about. Lets steer it into the right direction now

In this game you only need one person to summon.
    This just means that even fewer will bother to move their a......
    "You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist."
    Friedrich Nietzsche

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Exes View Post
    Well in the most recent interview they talk about this. Addons after launch, they have people working on it.
    He didn't specifically say addons or modifications. What he said sounded more like movable UI components and resizing.

Deleted
    I can safely say that dungeon finder killed a big part of WoW for me, I haven't played all that much Cata, but since hitting 85 I don't think I've ever once left Orgrimmar (I count Tol Barad as an extension of Org as you just port there).

It is convenient, but I remember having 30 min+ battles at AC in TBC, obviously stuff like that didn't happen every day, but it did happen and it added a big level of enjoyment for me. I did a little bit of archae at the start of Cata, so I've probably engaged in open world pvp about twice in this patch, and for me that's not good (again not counting Tol Barad because it is a pvp zone - it's what it exists for).

Having said that I don't know what open world pvp is like in this game, hopefully there is more variety than I feel I've experienced in WoW, but I'm one of those people who doesn't mind trekking to a summoning stone, at least it shows that you can bother to do something other than stand there and wait for your epics to be handed to you, and you never know what or who you're going to encounter on the way.

If people feel that can't play the game without lfg then fine, but they should at least wait until an expansion in.

Deleted
    Quite a nice interview. Especially the LFG part matched what I was suspecting. Shortly after release there is no need for such a tool, since you have quadrillions of players. So building up a party on your own works quite well. But as the game grows older, less and less people are going to twink or do older content. At some time the LFG tool will be a welcome feature. But right now it is unnecessary.

Also: 3 goddamn days. I'm starving!

I can safely say that dungeon finder killed a big part of WoW for me, I haven't played all that much Cata, but since hitting 85 I don't think I've ever once left Orgrimmar (I count Tol Barad as an extension of Org as you just port there).
    And how did you find a group before the dungeon finder?
    You had to sit in SW/IF/Org and spam until you found 4 others.

At least with the dungeon finder I'm able to do my dailies or go mining/herbing while I wait for a group.
    Friedrich Nietzsche

Deleted
    And how did you find a group before the dungeon finder?
    You had to sit in SW/IF/Org and spam until you found 4 others.

At least with the dungeon finder I'm able to do my dailies or go mining/herbing while I wait for a group.
    Sat in a group with a mate, asked him to look whilst I did bgs.

Or just "i'm in bg save me a spot plz"

Sat in a group with a mate, asked him to look whilst I did bgs.

Or just "i'm in bg save me a spot plz"
    So what changed with the dungeon finder?
    Friedrich Nietzsche