Thread: Internet speed

Internet speed

I have a very slow Internet speed. Like 30kbs download. But I run wow at 50ms to 150ms. How should swtor run? I know the game isn't out but I'm curious
    Last edited by FlagShipFail; 2011-12-10 at 06:52 AM.

30kbs??????? impossible...that slower than dial up?

If you are running WoW at 50-150ms the you will be running SWTOR at 50-150ms, depending on the location of the server.
    My ping was hovering around 10 more than in WoW.

10+ Year Old Account
    Keep in mind WoW has one of the lowest bandwidth usages of any game. It can spike during raids or in heavily populated areas, but generally it uses VERY little bandwidth compared to most online games.

I'm not certain that SWTOR uses as little bandwidth as WoW does, but I suspect that it uses more.

Well my download speeds are about 30kbs

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by FlagShipFail View Post
    Well my download speeds are about 30kbs
    Are you sure you mean 30 kb/s (kiloBIT/second) and not 30 kB/s (kiloBYTE/second)?

Your latency seems good,

Quote Originally Posted by FlagShipFail View Post
    I have a very slow Internet speed. Like 30kbs download. But I run wow at 50ms to 150ms. How should swtor run? I know the game isn't out but I'm curious
    but your quoted download speed sounds really, really odd.

Test your connection for upload and download at speedtest.net. It'll give you a pretty good idea what your speeds really are. Test a various times of the day because load will make a difference.

Another site to help you know how your lag and latency is go to pingtest.net. Related to speedtest but they, to me are the gold standard.

Someone posted a link to a site that will check your system to see if it can handle TOR, but for the life of me can't recall more than that. You may want to do a forum search.

****edit**** found the link in another forum post about if you computer can handle SWTOR http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/cyri/

for the thread I found: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...4#post13793014
    Last edited by Octaboom; 2011-12-10 at 07:22 AM.