Need help looking for a keyboard

Hello everyone, I recently built my own computer and I wanted a backlit keyboard to complete the setup. Unfortunately I'm really not sure what to get and was hoping for some advice. I was looking at http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16823109191 but figured some additional informed advise couldn't hurt. I don't really need anything too extravagant, so anything over $60 is kinda pushing it

I'm hoping I could potentially find a purple backlit keyboard, but blue and red would also be cool. Thanks in advance.
    In promulgating your esoteric cogitations or articulating your superficial sentimentalities and amicable philosophical or psychological observations, beware of platitudinous panderosity.

Saitek Cyborg V5 looks pretty nice. I don't have experience with it but my other two gaming keyboards were Saitek and look very similar. Never had any problems with them and they seem to be a good quality/price board.

The Sidewinder x4 is indeed a good one, and very good for its price (although quite significantly more expensive in the states I see. In relative terms).
    The Logitech G110 which I personally have, is decent enough for a non-mechanical as well. And, it can achieve a purple glow, which is the one I'm using :P

10+ Year Old Account
    I was going to go for the V5, till I found out lots of people often had issues with the touch display at the top.
    Ended up going for the Microsoft Sidewinder X6 instead. Which I think is great value for money. Alot of people will spout on about the Razer BlackWidow... but I don't see the point of spending £100ish on a keyboard that has less features than a £30 one.
    (The X6 indecently is blue backlit with macro (and optionally numpad) keys in orange. With an adjustable level of brightness.

Quote Originally Posted by Djinni View Post
    I was going to go for the V5, till I found out lots of people often had issues with the touch display at the top.
    Ended up going for the Microsoft Sidewinder X6 instead. Which I think is great value for money. Alot of people will spout on about the Razer BlackWidow... but I don't see the point of spending £100ish on a keyboard that has less features than a £30 one.
    (The X6 indecently is blue backlit with macro (and optionally numpad) keys in orange. With an adjustable level of brightness.
    What touch display are you referring to? <-- This may be a dumb question...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CashMoney5 View Post
    What touch display are you referring to? <-- This may be a dumb question...
    lol sorry :P not a dumb question :P the touch display is on the V7 not the V5. My mistake :P
    http://cyborggaming.com/prod/v7keyboard.htm

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kai zayin View Post
    Hello everyone, I recently built my own computer and I wanted a backlit keyboard to complete the setup. Unfortunately I'm really not sure what to get and was hoping for some advice. I was looking at http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16823109191 but figured some additional informed advise couldn't hurt. I don't really need anything too extravagant, so anything over $60 is kinda pushing it

I'm hoping I could potentially find a purple backlit keyboard, but blue and red would also be cool. Thanks in advance.
    Go with that one. It takes a little getting use to but it's really nice for the price. I bought mine from newegg less than a week ago and it's a great keyboard.

I've been looking at getting a new keyboard and my eyes are currently aimed at the Sidewinder x4 actually :>
    Asrock Extreme 6 Rev B3 | Core i5-2500k@4.6ghz | 2x4gb Corsair Vengeance | Corsair HX1050W | Intel SSD 510 120gb | 5TB storage space | Gigabyte GTX 580 SLI

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Djinni View Post
    Alot of people will spout on about the Razer BlackWidow... but I don't see the point of spending £100ish on a keyboard that has less features than a £30 one.
    comparing a mechanical keyboard to a regular one is just wrong:O nice choice on the keyboard though, it should be a good one.
    Intel i5-2500k@4.4ghz
    Gigabyte Z68X-UD3H-B3
    Gigabyte N560OC 1gb gpu
    Corsair 2x4gb
    Antec v2 Two Hundred
    Razer Blackwidow Ultimate
    Razer Naga

Quote Originally Posted by jmacphee9 View Post
    nice choice on the keyboard though, it should be a good one.
    The Blackwidow? No.
    &nbsp;

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jmacphee9 View Post
    comparing a mechanical keyboard to a regular one is just wrong:O nice choice on the keyboard though, it should be a good one.
    Just becuase it's mechanical doesn't mean you have to miss out on dedicated media keys or extra macro keys etc...

I use the Saitek Ecplipse II. It's an older model, so it might be up to the Eclipse III, but it is a great Keyboard. Red, Purble, and Blue blacklights. And it has all the essentials like audio controls, the track listing, play/stop/pause buttons Love it. I always have it on the red light setting. Seems easier to see the buttons in the dark.
    Quote Originally Posted by niki View Post
    How is gay offensive? You know that gay has more meanings than just homosexual right. You should chill out and go smoke a fag.

Thanks for all the responses everyone, it should be quite a bit easier for me to make a final decision now.
    In promulgating your esoteric cogitations or articulating your superficial sentimentalities and amicable philosophical or psychological observations, beware of platitudinous panderosity.

I second tetris recommendation on the G110. Has just enough macro keys(I have the G15 and find myself using only the two columns closest to my hand) and no extra junk you wont use anyway.

If you can wait newegg puts them on sale every few months for around $49.99 shipped just keep an eye out for it.
    | Intel i5-4670k | Asus Z87-Pro | Xigmatek Dark Knight | Kingston HyperX Fury White 16GB | Sapphire R9 270x | Crucial MX300 750GB | WD 500GB Black | WD 1TB Blue | Cooler Master Haf-X | Corsair AX1200 | Dell 2412m | Ducky Shine 3 | Logitech G13 | Sennheiser HD598 | Mionix Naos 8200 |

Deleted
    Hey. Thoughts on the sidewinderx4? Pretty cheap and the reviews seem to be great all around.

10+ Year Old Account
    Been using Razer Lycosa for 4 months now, and im dead sure that if it ever breaks, im buying the exact same one again. It's cheap, has backlit and very comfortable buttons.
    http://store.razerzone.com/store/raz...ctID.169417800
    Jugg Death's Demise - Impetus Norvegicus - Kazzak EU