Deleted

Anyone bought Digital Deluxe Edition?

I got this as I thought why not? It's a few quid extra and it always annoyed me in WoW seeing people with their special edition pets looking smug outside AH.

The question I have though, is that all the little extras you get in the Deluxe Edition, does it apply to every character that you ever create on that account, or only to the first?

10+ Year Old Account
    Every item should be granted to every character you create on that account, that's the way it worked with the colour crystal in the beta, and I expect that to be the way with every item.

I assume it also works retroactively, seeing as EA can begin as early as 13th and we're not allowed to put in the codes until 15th.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

Deleted
    They tested that twice. First time they sent a non-combat pet to everyone after a quick server restart and last weekend if you had a pre-order code attached you got the colour crystal in your mail.

Quote Originally Posted by Devirae View Post
    Every item should be granted to every character you create on that account, that's the way it worked with the colour crystal in the beta, and I expect that to be the way with every item.
    You get 2 color crystals:

1) Preorder color crystal (this is the one you received in beta)
    2) DDE color crystal (no one has seen this, yet)

You will get all the stuff for your DDE (DDE crystal, STAP mount, etc etc) when you enter the game code on the 16th (or soon after), when you receive your digital code via email. It will arrive in your in-game mailbox soon after you input the code.

Quote Originally Posted by Hurko View Post
    You get 2 color crystals:

1) Preorder color crystal (this is the one you received in beta)

You will get all the stuff for your DDE (DDE crystal, STAP mount, etc etc) when you enter the game code on the 16th (or soon after), when you receive your digital code via email. It will arrive in your in-game mailbox soon after you input the code.
    I can't find any clue about the second crystal at the swtor preorder page where did you get that information?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hurko View Post
    There is no DDE color crystal, only the pre-order one.

http://buy.swtor.com/en

It's a pre-order perk on every version, it's the same crystal on all version.

Deleted
    i wonder what this "training droid" actually does ...
    Training Droid (Virtual Pet) - A small but advanced training droid to hover at your side for combat assistance.

Quote Originally Posted by Grantji View Post
    i wonder what this "training droid" actually does ...
    It's a vanity pet!?

They should've gave those items to everyone that preordered the regular edition. There shouldn't even be a digital deluxe edition.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by wombinator04 View Post
    They should've gave those items to everyone that preordered the regular edition. There shouldn't even be a digital deluxe edition.
    And you base this on what? I wanted more than just a SE but the CE was too much and I don't really want the physical goodies. So the DDE is for people like me, wanting some extra and to support BioWare but not wanting the 150 dollar CE.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Exes View Post
    And you base this on what? I wanted more than just a SE but the CE was too much and I don't really want the physical goodies. So the DDE is for people like me, wanting some extra and to support BioWare but not wanting the 150 dollar CE.
    Same with me.
    Quote Originally Posted by wombinator04 View Post
    They could've gave all the goodies from the DDE to the SE, but then the SE would have cost $80 and no one would have bought it. There's tons of stupid people out there that think the CE is overpriced. It'd be 10x worse if the SE was more.
    Last edited by Shamburger; 2011-12-10 at 02:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Threadbare View Post
    I got this as I thought why not? It's a few quid extra and it always annoyed me in WoW seeing people with their special edition pets looking smug outside AH.
    Those smug bastards! Looking all smug, despite the game not really having facial expressions! :P

Yes, all characters will get all the items.
    There were around 7,000 Greeks in total at the Battle of Thermopylae.
    Not just the Spartans and a few inept imbeciles to play clean up.
    Friends don't let friends listen to Zach Snyder/

Deleted
    It's the same expression a mage has when he kills you ;D

And yeah I was only going to get the download of the game - the CE was out of the question - but I don't care to pay a lil more and get something extra, I've never bought any virtual items in games before like WoW mounts etc, difference with special editions I guess is that presumably they're going to be limited until only a few months after launch (hopefully).

I've never been killed by a mage, so.. I've never had the displeasure of seeing it. :P
    There were around 7,000 Greeks in total at the Battle of Thermopylae.
    Not just the Spartans and a few inept imbeciles to play clean up.
    Friends don't let friends listen to Zach Snyder/

I bought a DDE, because I'm disabled and on a fixed income. I have bought 2 Blizzard CE's in the past plus pre-ordered Diablo III. I couldn't justify $150 for a computer game.

Yeah, the $150 was absurd for a collector's edition...though maybe I should've, and then resold it on eBay for a profit.

I got the DDE, I've never bought a CE and I just don't see the point in shelling out all that money.