Decision making is hard...

So we're only days away from early access and I just can't decide what class to roll.

I'm torn between IA and Jedi Consular. I really don't care whether I'll be empire or republic. I tend to be the caster / healer type.
    Now here comes the problem. I'd love to roll IA IF I could have sniper and medic in one AC -.-'. I really don't like playing melee type classes.
    I watched heaps of videos and sniper really feels more like a caster than a hunter with the cover mechanic and stationary "nukes". I also like the look of the class a lot.

However with the Consular I'd have healing and casting in the same AC. Also it would be a force user (lightsabers yay - snipers are really cool looking as well though). Negative point: everyone will be going "lightsaber shiny" at launch.

Anything that could have an impact on my problem helps.
    Thanks in advance

Sylwaria

Who cares what other people play, just play what you wanna do. Just ignore the fact that other people will have lightsabers and enjoy the class that you're playing. I think from what you've said, the IA has more negatives for you than the JC, so go JC.
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

Deleted
    You could always be Different™ and use vibroswords with your Consular. It's not like you're going to use it much.

Thanks for the comments so far
    Another question concerning jedi romance options. I read that they work just fine, but reward dark side points. Is that a major hassle?
    Depending on what alignment you wanna go of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Sylwaria View Post
    Thanks for the comments so far
    Another question concerning jedi romance options. I read that they work just fine, but reward dark side points. Is that a major hassle?
    Depending on what alignment you wanna go of course.
    Alignment is never a major hassle if you have diplomacy :P

But if you don't, there are plenty of chances to farm up the alignment you want, and if you're short after everything in sight is done, instances and the like often offer an easy way of repeating the process by way of dialogue options in them.

Thanks This is really helpful.

----------------------------------

Last words on professions:

If I understood correctly you can take 1 Gathering Skill, 1 Crafting Skill and 1 Mission Skill!
    So from looking through them

Biochem/Bioanalysis/Diplomacy

should be fairly good as a JC - Sage.

What would you guys suggest?

if it hasnt change since the stress test, the only limitation is only 1 crafting skill

Quote Originally Posted by Chomag View Post
    Can't say I'm in your predicament. I wanted to play trooper since the 1st time I saw them.
    Personally, I think Troopers get the coolest and most diverse looking companions... but I will probably be rolling with a Jedi Knight as my first character. I might end up rolling a Zabrak Trooper alt at some point tho.

I am torn between scoundrel and sage ^^. will play both.

Play more than one definitely. Path of the story line changes a lot from class to class (although the main story lines converge somewhat at the end. But the decisions you've made along the way will stay with you. Think Mass Effect 1/2). You'll enjoy it.

Of course I will play more than one. But that doesn't change the fact that I'm still torn between what to roll initially.
    I guess it's my decision in the end. But it's...a difficult one. Just saw the endgame pve sets of the agent.
    They look ugly. Is it still viable to mod lower level gear up to the point that they can compete?

From just looking at what I usually play... healer or caster... I'd lean towards JC. But somehow I feel Sniper is amazing
    *sigh*
    Last edited by Sylwaria; 2011-12-10 at 12:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sylwaria View Post
    So we're only days away from early access and I just can't decide what class to roll.

I'm torn between IA and Jedi Consular. I really don't care whether I'll be empire or republic. I tend to be the caster / healer type.
    Now here comes the problem. I'd love to roll IA IF I could have sniper and medic in one AC -.-'. I really don't like playing melee type classes.
    I watched heaps of videos and sniper really feels more like a caster than a hunter with the cover mechanic and stationary "nukes". I also like the look of the class a lot.

However with the Consular I'd have healing and casting in the same AC. Also it would be a force user (lightsabers yay - snipers are really cool looking as well though). Negative point: everyone will be going "lightsaber shiny" at launch.

Anything that could have an impact on my problem helps.
    Thanks in advance

Sylwaria
    You said it yourself: Caster/Healer is your favorite. Go with Caster/Healer. All other factors don't matter... do you really know what people will do at launch, anyway? And tons of people re-roll, either from not liking the class they chose, or sucking at it, or they heard another class was better, or my guild needed a <blank>, or I hated the way it looked, etc, etc.

As long as you play ranged you are all good. Based on the released Enterity Vault video SWTOR will have ranged focused endgame (if you are DPS) just like every other MMOs.