Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Malefic View Post
    There's nothing bugged with the fight.

No, dots drop off as soon as it retreats, and you have 23 seconds to burn it. It's 12.2million on 10HC.
    My mistake then, thanks for clearing that up. That's pretty insane to be honest still, 12.2 million to burn in 23 seconds...
    With 6 dps, 2 healers and 2 tanks, that's ~80k dps each dps. I'm still going to say that's bugged because Ultraxion had a 45k requirement, I don't see how they can push it higher than that without the help of some form of encounter buff (I don't know what the fight revolves around btw, if you get buffs for it).

Quote Originally Posted by Foreverlad View Post
    Honest question for those in the know: When a top 100 raid guild hits a brick wall due to a ridiculous gear check, do they ever reset their instance the next week to further gear up, or will they always extend the lockout and keep beating their heads against the wall till it falls?

Obviously no two guilds are alike, but has it ever reached a point where the best of the best say "let's just start over"?
    From what I know, almost no top guilds use the extend lockout during progression. For them, taking the time to kill the bosses that they already killed is very, very brief (I'd be surprised if they wipe 2-3 times on a boss that they already killed, except for maybe bosses that hinge on a LOT of RNG)
    And the extra set of loot that they get WILL benefit them far more than just a full week of extra tries.

Taking 2 hours (maybe a bit less or more..) for clearing out the first 6 bosses they KNOW they can kill for the bit of upgrades will always be important for progression based world class guilds, because essentially, they are doing everything 'undergeared'

EDIT: To me, the extended lockout will benefit the 'casual' guilds a bit more. Ones that can only raid once a week or so. 2 hours of raiding per lockout will not be that much of a time to down 'new' bosses, so they can make their own 'lockout' on a 2-3 week basis. Yes progression will be slow but this way they still have time to try new bosses.
    Last edited by BLSTMASTER; 2011-12-10 at 04:51 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Necrolepsy View Post
    My mistake then, thanks for clearing that up. That's pretty insane to be honest still, 12.2 million to burn in 23 seconds...
    With 6 dps, 2 healers and 2 tanks, that's ~80k dps each dps. I'm still going to say that's bugged because Ultraxion had a 45k requirement, I don't see how they can push it higher than that without the help of some form of encounter buff (I don't know what the fight revolves around btw, if you get buffs for it).
    It's deisgned to be killed in 2 burn phases as far as I know. Which is still a very tight check. The fight in current gear levels becomes too overwhelming too early on and that's the problem.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Malefic View Post
    There's nothing bugged with the fight.

No, dots drop off as soon as it retreats, and you have 23 seconds to burn it. It's 12.2million on 10HC.
    Then this will take some extremely coördinated cooldown managing, some luck and perhaps if not probably some more gear.. I would like to see the numbers on this fight

Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    Just being curious

Is this encounter bugged? I know there was a blue post yesterday saying they would fix something on the 25man version, but has it not been fixed yet? I'm just wondering why, as it's not very often that you see more than just the endboss of an instance staying alive for more than 4 days. Is the bug making it impossible to kill, and does this bug apply to 10man also, or is it just a really hard encounter?

And if the bug hasn't been fixed yet, thus rendering it impossible (or not, I don't actually know if the bug makes it easier or harder)... why hasn't Blizz fixed it yet? Not to be a tinfoil hatter, but we know from the past that if it was Paragon complaining about a bug, it gets fixed in the next hour. But I could be wrong, I don't know if the bug has been fixed or not
    Not to be rude but seeing as almost all your activity is bashing Wow, and your leaving for SwTor, i gotta ask, why do you even care?
    "If you want to control people, if you want to feed them a pack of lies and dominate them, keep them ignorant. For me, literacy means freedom." - LaVar Burton.

Blizzard bugged an event to hold the race a few days so the banned guilds will be running 25man again.

*removing tinfoil hat.

Quote Originally Posted by BLSTMASTER View Post
    From what I know, almost no top guilds use the extend lockout during progression. For them, taking the time to kill the bosses that they already killed is very, very brief (I'd be surprised if they wipe 2-3 times on a boss that they already killed, except for maybe bosses that hinge on a LOT of RNG)
    And the extra set of loot that they get WILL benefit them far more than just a full week of extra tries.

Taking 2 hours (maybe a bit less or more..) for clearing out the first 6 bosses they KNOW they can kill for the bit of upgrades will always be important for progression based world class guilds, because essentially, they are doing everything 'undergeared'

EDIT: To me, the extended lockout will benefit the 'casual' guilds a bit more. Ones that can only raid once a week or so. 2 hours of raiding per lockout will not be that much of a time to down 'new' bosses, so they can make their own 'lockout' on a 2-3 week basis. Yes progression will be slow but this way they still have time to try new bosses.
    Thanks Blstmaster. I figured first/second week of progress, there's too much on the line to restart, especially when you may barely have been geared enough to beat the previous bosses, making a return to your (in this example) 6/8 more tedious. As far as DS is concerned, I can see guilds really hesitant to return to Ultraxion/Blackhorn (25/10) though the additional loot would definitely help those final progressive bouts.

Quote Originally Posted by Foreverlad View Post
    Thanks Blstmaster. I figured first/second week of progress, there's too much on the line to restart, especially when you may barely have been geared enough to beat the previous bosses, making a return to your (in this example) 6/8 more tedious. As far as DS is concerned, I can see guilds really hesitant to return to Ultraxion/Blackhorn (25/10) though the additional loot would definitely help those final progressive bouts.
    If you can't kill those bosses again you won't be able to kill spine either and the gear will help a lot. The only occasion where I know for sure extending was used (because we did it) was on LK10H world first kill. We extended, Ensidia didn't. The reason was that Blizzard finally fixed a bug that allowed the boss to be killed. We might have even gotten the kill on previous week even with the bugged encounter but had all our shamans already locked and thus couldn't get the setup we needed (we had to switch from 3 healer to 2 healer. Resto to enhancement so that we could still have bloodlust) .

Quote Originally Posted by moogogaipan View Post
    Not to be rude but seeing as almost all your activity is bashing Wow, and your leaving for SwTor, i gotta ask, why do you even care?
    Please, please I beseech to find a post of mine in the last month where I "bash" WoW. I made 1 post the other day where I said "I don't particularly enjoy WoW nymore", but that's it.

You are hilarious. The truth is, I don't "bash" WoW. I say I don't like it, and that's the most I do. Some people grow above the silly "MMO" wars that people seem to love.

As for why I "care", I'm just curious. I've followed the tier race since t8, and SW:TOR doesn't change that race for me. Just because I don't like playing basketball doesn't mean I don't have a favorite basketball team.
    Last edited by vizzle; 2011-12-10 at 05:37 PM.
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.