Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodygrinder View Post
    Don't feed the derailment of this thread. We all know you don't like GW2 and how you think your uninformed opinion matters but just stop, every comment you post derails into a flame war.
    You know, I used to think Fencers was that way too. I even got on her case like you did. I then realized that she just presents good cases and supports them. I'm going to defend her on this one and say that the person who disagreed with her wasn't on topic at all. He was just looking for a fight. Then here you come along and blame her for trying to derail the thread and cause a flame war? Are you that fucking blind? If anything, you should be bitching at Maarius, not Fencers. Stop being a douche and get off his/her case. Same goes for anyone else.

OT: GW2 is intended to do everything other MMORPGs do, but better.

@fencers: nice said
    ok I see where you're coming from, a misunderstanding from my side, sorry about that

Deleted
    I can't speak for ANet but they way I see it - GW2 will attempt to shake the foundation of modern MMOs.

If they'll suceed? I don't know.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reluctant View Post
    Making money, just like every business
    While it is true that companies want to make money, that's not a design goal. It's a business goal.
    Resurrected Holy Priest

Quote Originally Posted by Maarius View Post
    Use one phrase/ one sentence to describe what you think is the biggest design goal for GW2.

feel free to discuss these statements if you think the other guys don't get the concept and want them to understand.

here's mine:
    Anet wants us to be able to play with our friends, whenever we like.
    Haven't read the previous entries yet, but mine is... To sell as many copies as possible... Crazy; I know... : )

-Alamar

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Nah, I don't use the term casual in that context. Casual play as in pick up-n-go.
    you should probably just use the phrase "pick up-n-go" instead from now on as it is more concise and does not have the negative stigma attached to the term "casual".

OT: to finally make a persistent game world where causality and a sense adventure are paramount and to make a game for gamers by gamers that will make them rich in the process, haha.
    "Cherish the quiet...before my STORM!"

For a $5/5000 in-game credit bonus for backing
    Star Citizen (MMO) or Squadron 42 (Single Player/Co-op) use my Referral code: STAR-3QDY-SZBG
    Star Citizen Video Playlist

Quote Originally Posted by Odeezee View Post
    you should probably just use the phrase "pick up-n-go" instead from now on as it is more concise and does not have the negative stigma attached to the term "casual".
    Yea, but that stigma is stupid.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Yea, but that stigma is stupid.
    I can only concur.
    Resurrected Holy Priest

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuchulainn View Post
    You know, I used to think Fencers was that way too. I even got on her case like you did. I then realized that she just presents good cases and supports them. I'm going to defend her on this one and say that the person who disagreed with her wasn't on topic at all. He was just looking for a fight. Then here you come along and blame her for trying to derail the thread and cause a flame war? Are you that fucking blind? If anything, you should be bitching at Maarius, not Fencers. Stop being a douche and get off his/her case. Same goes for anyone else.

OT: GW2 is intended to do everything other MMORPGs do, but better.
    Yes well that might be your opinion but regardless you get what you troll for. Anyway the point of the thread was what Anet was aiming for and as far as I'm concerned nobody here has one stinking iota of credibility of what Arenanet's biggest design goals are, except A'net. Speculation is fine but telling one person their opinion does not match Anet's well that's pretty much baseless, and needs to be challenged, thanks for coming out.
    Last edited by Vlad Morbius; 2011-12-11 at 03:31 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vlad Morbius View Post
    Yes well that might be your opinion but regardless you get what you troll for. Anyway the point of the thread was what Anet was aiming for and as far as I'm concerned nobody here has one stinking iota of credibility of what Arenanet's biggest design goals are, except A'net. As for Fencer's and anyone else playing the emo glass always empty, your choice but do everyone else here a favor and stop pissing on threads that don't match your particular view, thanks for coming out.
    Yes, well my opinion comes from a VERY simple observation. Let me also reiterate that I used to think Fencers was a complete asswipe at one point too. The difference between me and you is that I can see past my nose. You seem like the type to take arguments on a fucking forum board VERY personal. In this you will be quick to call someone a "troll" (very apparent) whenever someone has something bad to say about anything YOU like. You're no better than the 10,000,000 WoW mouth breathing fan boys IMO. Yeah, that's my opinion. Take it or leave it, or quite frankly; fuck off. I'm a huge GW2 fan boy, just like the rest of you bunch, but at least I'm willing to talk with a skeptic when I see one rather than rage at them like a fucking little baby bitch, then dismiss them as a troll.

Also, since no one here knows ANets design philosophy (lol apparent in their manifesto, asshat), could YOU enlighten us?

To create a game that is going to shake the foundations of the MMO platform and raise the bar for the genre.
    "Chaos boils in my veins."

Meh, stay on topic guys. Just a misunderstanding between Maarius and I. Cleared up. We're on the same page/no harm intended.

10+ Year Old Account
    Making those other people in your MMO not a thing to avoid.

10+ Year Old Account
    "He swung a sword, he swung a sword again, hey-ay he swung the sword again! And that's fine."
    Quote Originally Posted by SW:TOR
    Jokerseven - Kinetic Combat Shadow - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Ce'lia - Combat Sentinel - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Sentinel PVE Basics for the two Specs that matter

We don't care about being the next big thing, we just want to make a damned good game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeanyKong View Post
    We don't care about being the next big thing, we just want to make a damned good game.
    Well, I have heard colin say many times that they want to create the best mmo out there.

Balanced pvp!!! Yay~

10+ Year Old Account
    "No mounts, trolololol, y u so mad, WoW fan boiz?!"

Anet wants to take a sh*t on all our chests, and we're coprophiliacs.
    Last edited by lllBlackSunlll; 2011-12-12 at 04:36 AM.
    If curiosity killed the cat, why can't speculation kill you?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by IplayHorde View Post
    Anet wants to take a sh*t on all our chests, and we're cropophiliacs.
    feels good, man.