1. #1

    how much dps do i lose if i use the healer versions of the tailored 397 items

    background: pve. pshadow. don't raid. just do heroics. pretty horrible generally speaking but i'm a nice guy.

    i dps now to learn instances. i'd like to switch to healing eventually and maybe get crazy and do lfr. as with instances, i think the queue time would be much less and a healer and i don't have a problem healing, i just don't do it well currently.

    i have the means to sew myself some awesome new pants and bracers. i'm thinking because i want to actually heal, i should sew the heal items with spirit. but, then again, maybe i'm going to just pwn my dps by making that choice instead of the obv dps piece that lacks spirit.

    because i don't play in the top tier, does it even matter? the spirit piece would obv help me be a better healer (obv? i hope) and that is where i'm currently lacking at and where i'd like to be.

    thoughts?

    pls and thx!

  2. #2
    Spirit = HIT, So spirit is not necessarily BAD for DPS.

    I dont even know the pieces - Just throwing in this piece of info for you

  3. #3
    You mean you want to pay for 8+4 essence of destruction (9-11k each on my realm) at the start of a tier? I would say no, keep the 378 for setbonus, and get the valor bracer. You don't need BiS items, 378 is good enough till you get into LFR.

  4. #4
    [QUOTE=Eviriany;14585368]Spirit = HIT, So spirit is not necessarily BAD for DPS.

    Yeah tru,assuming he's allready capped on Hit,getting over the hitcap is kinda pointless.

    ot: I would go for the two spirit items if u want to heal as discipline or holy. Yes it will be a decrease in dps compared to the to dps items. ( if your capped ) but then again, i would not expect to be able to switch between disc/holy and shadow with the same set of gear. Its just a opinion.

  5. #5
    Stood in the Fire
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    England
    Posts
    426
    Spirit/haste bracers are actually better than the mastery/haste ones, if you can use the hit. Spirit/mastery legs are supposedly better than the hit/haste legs as long as you have 4 piece T13.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Tihr View Post
    Spirit/haste bracers are actually better than the mastery/haste ones, if you can use the hit. Spirit/mastery legs are supposedly better than the hit/haste legs as long as you have 4 piece T13.
    Yeah but the gloves from DW are of higher ilvl, so with better stats.. Soo I'd use the gloves off-tier rather than legs.

  7. #7
    As mentioned, thee is ine Problem with using the same gear for shadow and Holy/Disc:
    Healers need LOTS of Spirit,
    Shadows only need Spirit until they reach the hit cap.

    But honestly: Even up to the LFR it is Skill >>>>>> Gear.
    You can go into the new 5 Mans as a DD with pure Heal equip and
    will do probably not worse than many others.

    It's the same even in the LFR.

    So I'd say: get your healing gear because you aim to go for heal.
    And if you are really behind the DD on the ~6th place,
    you should try to otimize you playstyle.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyranitar View Post
    As mentioned, thee is ine Problem with using the same gear for shadow and Holy/Disc:
    Healers need LOTS of Spirit,
    Shadows only need Spirit until they reach the hit cap.

    But honestly: Even up to the LFR it is Skill >>>>>> Gear.
    You can go into the new 5 Mans as a DD with pure Heal equip and
    will do probably not worse than many others.

    It's the same even in the LFR.

    So I'd say: get your healing gear because you aim to go for heal.
    And if you are really behind the DD on the ~6th place,
    you should try to otimize you playstyle.
    He is talking about switching to healing completely after he has learned the instances though.
    Also discipline priests don't need much spirit at all, it's holy that gets all it can.
    MoP is awesome.

  9. #9
    Bloodsail Admiral Uriel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    1,019
    on my shaman resto/ele i do it like this: I stacked Spirit till i reached 17% Spellhit. Then i reforged all Spirit to Haste and let stack Spirit again till it caps 17%.

    So if i am in healermode i reforge everything back to spirit, put my Spirittrinket back on..when i am about to DPS i reforge all Spirit from gear ans switch my Spirit Trinket with something else but still are capped at 17% Spellhit cause of massiv amount uf Spirit on gear. This works quite good so far.


    if you are going to play healer without changing your gear much you are forced to play Holy. Holy and Shadow have similar Statvalues..
    Last edited by Uriel; 2011-12-10 at 01:35 PM.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Gawwad View Post
    He is talking about switching to healing completely after he has learned the instances though.
    Exactly. But for now he is asking about the dps loss,
    and my statement does cover that.

    Quote Originally Posted by Gawwad View Post
    Also discipline priests don't need much spirit at all, it's holy that gets all it can.
    Didn't know that. So it's even easier if he wants to go for Disc, for he can reforge Spirit into another stat.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyranitar View Post
    Exactly. But for now he is asking about the dps loss,
    and my statement does cover that.
    I was replying to this:
    "As mentioned, thee is ine Problem with using the same gear for shadow and Holy/Disc:
    Healers need LOTS of Spirit,
    Shadows only need Spirit until they reach the hit cap."

    Even if you have spirit on all your items, you can probably keep 17% hit with out going over it with reforging.
    MoP is awesome.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •