Thread: Bad fps still?

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

Bad fps still?

For those who played the most recent beta, did you get bad fps? I know alot of people with good computers who had horrible fps, and made the game unplayable, in one of the betas. It wasn't the most recent one, it was at the start of November I think. I was one of those people (my computer isn't that good, but it should still be able to play it), and it was kinda disappointing.

I didn't download it a second time for the most recent beta, but for those who had, did you get better fps?

Deleted
    You probably talk about the 11/13 weekend, it became a lot better, they removed the whole debugging back ground code for the last weekend and it was really a huge improvement.

did you turn shadows to low? That fixed it for A LOT of people.
    iMac
    2012-03-05 : The day SWTOR jumped the shark
    Mages are basically "warlocks for girls" - Kerrath

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Exes View Post
    You probably talk about the 11/13 weekend, it became a lot better, they removed the whole debugging back ground code for the last weekend and it was really a huge improvement.
    Yeah, I was, because I just remembered it was the day after Skyrim came out, lol.

Thank god. I was really scared I'd have to cancel my pre-order.

Deleted
    I found my fps was fine in the big stress test and then in the final weekend test it was A LOT higher.

Deleted
    I played the last 2 weekends with a GTS 250 (my upgrade is in the post) and it ran better than I expected, so I guess they did fix some things.

Deleted
    I played the last 2 beta weekends. FPS was fine, even when recording with Fraps.

Deleted
    Played during 25/11 (or 11/25 for you Americans) and had sub-par FPS for sure. Had around 30 in populated areas, 50-ish in regular. Which is way less than I should have. I expect it was mostly bad optimization though.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Haasth View Post
    Played during 25/11 (or 11/25 for you Americans) and had sub-par FPS for sure. Had around 30 in populated areas, 50-ish in regular. Which is way less than I should have. I expect it was mostly bad optimization though.
    The 12/2 weekend was the last one, in that on you could see the improvements, should be optimized even better for early access.

yeah last weekend it was much better than the one before. should be playable even with kinda a crappy pc

they said they have some issue with ati mobility hd cards and are addressing it, i assume it should be fixed for launch

Good comp, no lag at all

10+ Year Old Account
    Game betas also sometimes have your computer do extra work for recording and reporting different things for beta testing. If it happened with TOR, its possible you'll see a better frame rate at release when this stuff is turned off.
    Eire - 50 Balance and Kinetic Combat Shadow, Master Zhar Lestin server. Ace guild

10+ Year Old Account
    On my laptop I have a GeForce 425m which is mediocre and I played at a constant 30 FPS after turning down shadows and clip distance.

15+ Year Old Account
    I am worried my cpu won't be able to handle it very well. Got an AMD Athlon 64 5400. Sadly I have an AM2 socket and there really isn't much I can do other than buying a new MB and cpu.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrathonia View Post
    I am worried my cpu won't be able to handle it very well. Got an AMD Athlon 64 5400. Sadly I have an AM2 socket and there really isn't much I can do other than buying a new MB and cpu.
    I don't wanna sound like a dick, but yes you are pretty much screwed with that CPU.

---------- Post added 2011-12-10 at 11:28 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by mystik View Post
    yeah last weekend it was much better than the one before. should be playable even with kinda a crappy pc
    I didn't notice any difference in performance between the last two weekends. On my current comp (C2D 8400, radeon 5770, and 4GB) I had most settings at high and my FPS was usually around 40-50. Though it had some spikes depending on what was happening from over 100 to down to around 30. Thanks to some tax refunds I got a new CPU/MB/RAM on the way now though just in time for TOR.

it was decent during the stress test but it got alot better during the last beta test last weekend

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrathonia View Post
    Yeah without an upgrade you won't find ToR playable, well at least enjoyable while being playable.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Culadin View Post
    Yeah without an upgrade you won't find ToR playable, well at least enjoyable while being playable.
    I know they aren't the best options, but would going to a Phenom or a slightly higher Athlon X2 6200 be worth it? I looked at them and they really didn't seem to be a big boost in performance, but those are about the best options I have for my current mobo.

Actually the machine I'm on has an AMD Athlon 64 X2 4800+ and I was able to run the game just fine with most of the graphic settings on medium or high. During the beta weekends everything was much laggier than normal but in between those times the game ran without issue.

I am however planning to build a new machine soon since this rig was from back in 2006 and the socket is a dead end now.
    Reign In Power: WoW | SWTOR