Thread: Bane of Havoc

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Bane of Havoc

Quick question, if you apply bane of havoc to a boss, and AoE adds, does that damage get transfered to the boss? Or is it single target damage only?

10+ Year Old Account
    Should work for AoE damage, too. At least it did in 4.2; doubtful that they've stealth changed it, as there were nothing in the patch notes.

I can half-way confirm it works. If it didn't work, my damage on the slimes boss in DS would have been terrible, because I left it on him for the aoe phases.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Test it on dummys, to get faster and more reliable answer.

pretty sure transfers only the single target damage.
    Borovinkata , TaHrA , Kazzak - EU

If you cast any spell you can find in your spellbook and it does damage, then it transfers with bane of havoc.

It definitely transferred damage in 4.2, it was balls to the walls awesome on Magmaw when you Shadowflame'd a big clump of the adds and 15% of all the damage went to Magmaw. I see no way they could have changed it to just single target, it makes no sense and would be a pretty big undertaking.
    BigCrits.com - real people conquering a virtual world!

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes it does transfer 15% of aoe as well.
    Just as the tooltip says: causing 15% of all damage done by the Warlock to other targets to also be dealt to baned target.
    so doomguard/infernal and imp firebolt isn't transferred but burning embers does transfer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just confirming what others have said already, it does transfer 15% of all damage you deal to your bane of havoic target.

Made by dubbelbasse

ninjaing this thread:

Just want to confirm that, once applied (40y range) bane of havoc is "unlimited range" right ?

a lock in my guild was saying his havoc was out of range on heroic morchok "on kohcrom" so it made me doubt.

or maybe its a gimmich with heroic morchok itself. ive seen other report of pppls waying havoc did 0 damage on the 2nd add on this fight

tyty
    Last edited by Morggane; 2011-12-12 at 10:40 PM.

It should have essentially infinite range, but it is entirely possible that it was bugged on Morchok I suppose.

Deleted
    Yeah there is a bug on Morchok heroic : if you apply the bane on Kohcrom and dps Morchok it will do no damage, but if you apply it on Morchok and dps Kohcrom it will work normally.

I noticed a similar bug on madness of deathwing when sometimes your bane on others platforms would do no damage if you have never been on the other platform since the beginning of the fight (because you can cast it from the edge of your current platform).

Quote Originally Posted by Morggane View Post
    Just want to confirm that, once applied (40y range) bane of havoc is "unlimited range" right ?
    According to tests on dummys, it seems that the distance between targets doesn't matter but once You are more than 100 yards away from BoH target, it doesn't work anymore, also this is the range where you'll lose focus on target.

And testing with rain of fire, BoH works as it should, doing 15% of AoE's damage to other targets.

Deleted
    Just as a little fun fact.

If you take dmg and transfer part of it to your demon, 15% of that dmg you do to your demon will go to your BoH target. The few times I did destruction in firelands I could see this for instance on Bethilac. BoH on her right before she goes up and the dmg from her spitting will dmg her ( very very little, but still )

Quote Originally Posted by Morggane View Post
    ninjaing this thread:

a lock in my guild was saying his havoc was out of range on heroic morchok "on kohcrom" so it made me doubt.

or maybe its a gimmich with heroic morchok itself. ive seen other report of pppls waying havoc did 0 damage on the 2nd add on this fight

tyty
    I've had no such problem with keeping BoH up and BoD on my current target pretty sure it has unlimited range only time it fell off for me was at the lat 5% when its timer ran out.
    Last edited by Dr3ded; 2011-12-13 at 02:37 PM. Reason: BpH-BoH

Quote Originally Posted by Thustra View Post
    Just as a little fun fact.

If you take dmg and transfer part of it to your demon, 15% of that dmg you do to your demon will go to your BoH target. The few times I did destruction in firelands I could see this for instance on Bethilac. BoH on her right before she goes up and the dmg from her spitting will dmg her ( very very little, but still )
    wow i never knew that! Seriously this is a great little find! So on heavy aoe fights i can see this doing considerable damage?......

Quote Originally Posted by Asharfh View Post
    Yeah there is a bug on Morchok heroic : if you apply the bane on Kohcrom and dps Morchok it will do no damage, but if you apply it on Morchok and dps Kohcrom it will work normally.
    The bug doesn't appear to be mob-specific. Here are a couple logs I found where Kohcrom was the BoH target:

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/c...?s=3863&e=4186
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=5935&e=6219

BoH certainly has an interesting range when applied to a target, as putting it on Millhouse Manastorm in the Stonecore can lead to some amusing wipes if you do not reapply it to something else after he runs off!
    RETH

Quote Originally Posted by Dundebuns View Post
    BoH certainly has an interesting range when applied to a target, as putting it on Millhouse Manastorm in the Stonecore can lead to some amusing wipes if you do not reapply it to something else after he runs off!
    I did that once.

Never. Again.

zomg ... gotta queue up for Stonecore now !
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.