Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Sith Inquisiter with a green lightsaber?

And being evil as can be, is it possible? Was reading somewhere that maybe your alignment could prevent you from using certain colors. Also, anyone have a list of servers for the east coast?

Server lists arent available yet

Green and blue are restricted to neutral and light only

Who knows though, there might be some super cool green/blue-ish saber without restrictions at some point

Quote Originally Posted by JustintimeSS View Post
    Server lists arent available yet

Green and blue are restricted to neutral and light only
    For sith anyway. Sith can get red as any alignment and jedi can get blue/green for any alignment.

And hopefully we get a server list on monday, I hear that is when guilds will get their placements.

And a Sith Inquisiter can't be neutral or light? Or does that I have to be a nice bad guy? Sorry, just started to get in the game and it's a little confusing.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by minotaurz1 View Post
    And a Sith Inquisiter can't be neutral or light? Or does that I have to be a nice bad guy? Sorry, just started to get in the game and it's a little confusing.
    You can be any alignment you want. It doesn't matter if you're playing Republic or Empire.

You can be whatever you want them to be. You can be a nice sith or a bad sith or neutral. It's up to you.

Quote Originally Posted by torftw View Post
    For sith anyway. Sith can get red as any alignment and jedi can get blue/green for any alignment.
    Didn't know that. His question regarded inquisitors, so at least I got his question right!

Deleted
    You can go Light as a Sith which actually makes things quite interesting, think of it as a Sith who wants the best for his civilization.
    Quite well written I may add. Definitely recommend using it.

And in that case you can use Green sabers, yes.
    Just like you can play a Dark Jedi and use Red Lightsabers (Which a friend of mine was doing, and hadn't seen anyone else do that so you do have a sense of being unique that way, guess most of the people that would do that just make a Sith instead)

Your alignment (light/neutral/dark) is determined by your dialog choices within the game. It's completely separate from your faction choice, though many the "light side" choices offered to Empire players still end up being morally questionable.

If you wish to play a Sith Warrior or Inquisitor with a Green or Blue lightsaber, you will have to take light side choices as opposed to playing a purely evil character (dark side choices). Conversely, a Jedi Knight or Consular who wishes to use a red lightsaber must make dark side choices as opposed to light side ones.

I just had my brother tell me that this isn't true. In the thanksgiving beta he couldn't equip green as a dark 1 Jedi. /shrug, I can't confirm or deny.

Quote Originally Posted by Haasth View Post
    And in that case you can use Green sabers, yes.
    Just like you can play a Dark Jedi and use Red Lightsabers (Which a friend of mine was doing, and hadn't seen anyone else do that so you do have a sense of being unique that way, guess most of the people that would do that just make a Sith instead)
    You can't use green/blue as a dark 1 or greater. Trust me, I tried. Dark level 1 and immediately had my sabers unequipped because I had green color crystals in them.

Regardless of class, faction and weapon you cannot equip a blue or green crystal if you have dark level 1 or higher or use red if you have light one or higher.

This is how it was when I played the last two beta weekends.
    "You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist."
    Friedrich Nietzsche

And hopefully we get a server list on monday, I hear that is when guilds will get their placements.
    When i was in the last beta the following were listed on light saber crystals tool tips:

Blue/Green Can not be used by Dark 1 and above

Red Can not be used by Light 1 and above

If you are Jedi with Dark 1 and above you CAN'T use Blue/Green, if you are Sith with Light 1 and above you CAN'T use red.

On a side note i will be rolling a Gray JK and DW a http://www.torhead.com/item/hjCdDfn in my MH saber and a http://www.torhead.com/item/6cWT8jh in my OH saber. They share the same look as the pre-order color stone instead of yellow its the respective color.

There is also a green version http://www.torhead.com/item/93jY9fO you get when you purchase one of the SWTOR themed Razer products.
    Last edited by Gemini Soul; 2011-12-10 at 08:02 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloodrayne of Lothar View Post
    When i was in the last beta the following were listed on light saber crystals tool tips:

Blue/Green Can not be used by Dark 1 and above

Red Can not be used by Light 1 and above

If you are Jedi with Dark 1 and above you CAN'T use Blue/Green, if you are Sith with Light 1 and above you CAN'T use red.
    This is correct.
    It doesn't matter whether you are Jedi or Sith, if you don't meet the requirements of the Colour crystals, you can't use them.

That's from the patch notes when they changed it.
    Last edited by Shamburger; 2011-12-10 at 07:59 PM.

Well it seems they have changed it. Guess I am wrong. So just to be sure, the saber you get at the end of the starter world can't be equipped unless you are the correct alignment now? Seems kinda silly to go to the trouble of getting it and then, not being able to use it until you go off and find a new crystal.

Well yes and no.

You cannot equip red crystals as a light 1 or higher character. But, if you are Empire and you take out your crystal the blade (or blaster bolt) will default to red color.

I can only assume it works the same for Republic colors, as I tested on Empire.

Well it seems they have changed it. Guess I am wrong. So just to be sure, the saber you get at the end of the starter world can't be equipped unless you are the correct alignment now? Seems kinda silly to go to the trouble of getting it and then, not being able to use it until you go off and find a new crystal.
    Exactly what happened to me. BUT, in my case I had no idea it was the crystal doing it. I thought I just couldn't use the sabers anymore when I hit dark 1. So I went and bought green quality sabers from a vendor because I didn't have any weapons to use.

Then I realized that I could replace the crystals and use them. But in no way did it tell me that, it just said "impossible to equip" or something close to that.

There is also something worth of noting I believe. Should an item already have the color crystal inside it, and the item itself has no alignment restrictions, you CAN use a red above light one and a green/blue above dark 1. That is of course, they didn't change the system to put an alignment requirement on any item that is on those color crystals to the item itself when it's inset in it. I didn't see that on the beta test I did, but that wasn't the final build.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    ...because being black means you can't be racist only prejudice.
    ...black people have no power, privilege they cannot be racist since they were oppressed.
    Did you just compare slavery to the holocaust? Don't compare them. The holocaust lasted 4 years while slavery lasted for well over 200 years at least in the US FYI

I know the crafted ones, and most looted ones you get will have an alignment, but the quest reward sabers you get from story quests usually had no restrictions and had red for sith and blue/green for jedi. Those are the ones I was talking about being able to use. But maybe they changed that.

---------- Post added 2011-12-10 at 12:06 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by JustintimeSS View Post
    Exactly what happened to me. BUT, in my case I had no idea it was the crystal doing it. I thought I just couldn't use the sabers anymore when I hit dark 1. So I went and bought green quality sabers from a vendor because I didn't have any weapons to use.

Then I realized that I could replace the crystals and use them. But in no way did it tell me that, it just said "impossible to equip" or something close to that.
    Ah interesting, okay. I guess it was changed. I didn't play a jedi in the more recent tests, just a 50 shadow back in the main beta before all the weekend betas started.

So you're a Jedi/Sith and find a new lightsaber with a color gem already in it. You can equip and use it without requiring a specific alignment?

Quote Originally Posted by mickybrighteyes View Post
    So you're a Jedi/Sith and find a new lightsaber with a color gem already in it. You can equip and use it without requiring a specific alignment?
    Sort of. Most light sabers with a classic color will have the alignment requirement on the weapon itself. Like there are sabers that drop that have dark lvl 1 requirement on it and the color is red. I doubt you'll see one with dark 1 requirement drop with a green or blue color.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Just a little tid bit of info. I've been browsing different forums regarding dark aligned Jedi and light aligned Sith. Apparently the story line you follow with these choices is said to be better. This is all rumor based off of other beta testers, and clearly their own opinion. I just thought was interesting that your alignment can actually change quest lines for you and they way you are perceived within your faction. It just makes the whole alignment system seem more robust now.